HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #3676
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unfortunately I don't think its water droplets as it has been there for many weeks. I have difficulties in doing RMA for this item.
i bought many units from Foscam. There was 1 i have a lens that has some issue. Foscam did a 1-to-1 replacement for mine.

I bought it directly from Foscam Singapore though.
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #3677
Master Member

Your lens are mouldy? Happens to my ex vstarcam camera also. depends where u put it. Exposed to heat n cold weather. This happens. Normally no one will accept warranty claims.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #3678

Ordered 2 cameras from Sineoji PT593V and it arrived today. Both are working great, wanted to express my appreciation and the professional assistant given to me by the sineoji staff when they deliver and set it up on my Macbook air and iMac running on El Capitan, he was so helpful and guided me thru the whole process.

Hardly you can get mac support but the sineoji staff is well verse on Mac as we speak and set it up instantly.

Thumbs up for the great service !
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #3679

Sineoji Android App

Wondering which App is being used for Sineoji Cam, i have been using Sineoji Viewer Plus, works fine until recently when it was upgraded to latest version, now the night view is distorted some 'discolored' noise...
localITguy likes this.
mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #3680
Suspended

Wondering which App is being used for Sineoji Cam, i have been using Sineoji Viewer Plus, works fine until recently when it was upgraded to latest version, now the night view is distorted some 'discolored' noise...
Hi mooner, there was a latest update for android 2 days ago for the Sineoji Viewer Plus. There is a minor software bug for the android update. Meanwhile, you can minimise the noise by increasing the brightness and contrast at mid level. Here is a screenshot where I have made adjustments to the brightness and contrast to reduce the noise on the background.

This new version update we have enhanced the digital zoom function as well as accommodating the 1.3 megapixel cameras with the enhance 130 degrees ultra wide angle.

Let me know if it helps. If it doesn't, I can send you the previous version whichever works best for you.

We will be releasing a new update to fix this bug.

UPDATE 1 FEB 2016 : Hi Mooner, you can download the new update from Google Play Store which fixes the bug. Kindly update your Sineoji app from Google Play.

Last edited by balboa_sg; 10-03-2016 at 03:24 PM..
balboa_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #3681
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone recommend a budget friendly wireless IP camera for my hall ?
Requirements :
To monitor my maid and my 2 kids.
Wifi
My hall is 5 room (so it shld be able to see far),
Not sure whether need HD as never had seen the quality of this type of footage before, Of course, shld have android app to monitor the footage live.
Also able to rotate and see the footage.

My neighbour recommended Foscam (but it seems a bit ex) , Saw Vstarcam in Lazada
Vstarcam C7838WIP Wireless IP Camera CCTV $88
Vstarcam Wireless IP Camera T6836WIP - Black $54

Any other recommendations from the bros here.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:11 AM   #3682
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone recommend a budget friendly wireless IP camera for my hall ?
Requirements :
To monitor my maid and my 2 kids.
Wifi
My hall is 5 room (so it shld be able to see far),
Not sure whether need HD as never had seen the quality of this type of footage before, Of course, shld have android app to monitor the footage live.
Also able to rotate and see the footage.

My neighbour recommended Foscam (but it seems a bit ex) , Saw Vstarcam in Lazada
Vstarcam C7838WIP Wireless IP Camera CCTV $88
Vstarcam Wireless IP Camera T6836WIP - Black $54

Any other recommendations from the bros here.
trust me, if you get Vstarcam you will regret immediately. That cam is junk (no offence)

Foscam is good choice. Either that OR Sineoji who will help with your installation.

Will recommend wide angle lens camera
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #3683
Arch-Supremacy Member

trust me, if you get Vstarcam you will regret immediately. That cam is junk (no offence)

Foscam is good choice. Either that OR Sineoji who will help with your installation.

Will recommend wide angle lens camera
there is a risk of getting hacked with vstarcam, their server has already been compromised.

even local distros like marix ditch them..

indeed. pocket friendly is foscam, sineoji another option that comes with installation and setup of their IPcams and has local friendly support also

if you decide to go with foscam, do remember to change your default password

Last edited by localITguy; 01-02-2016 at 06:59 PM..
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #3684

The new update on 1 Feb greatly improved the IR and zoom functions.
localITguy likes this.
barrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #3685
Arch-Supremacy Member

i was wondering what was the update for.

the zoom finally works properly and there is a slight improvement

Last edited by localITguy; 02-02-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #3686

yes, the night vision is really sharp after installing the sineoji new update.

vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 AM   #3687
Supremacy Member

Ordered 2 cameras from Sineoji PT593V and it arrived today. Both are working great, wanted to express my appreciation and the professional assistant given to me by the sineoji staff when they deliver and set it up on my Macbook air and iMac running on El Capitan, he was so helpful and guided me thru the whole process.

Hardly you can get mac support but the sineoji staff is well verse on Mac as we speak and set it up instantly.

Thumbs up for the great service !
May I know where did you order your sineoji? If can, pls pm me privately. Seems like recently so much happening here.

Used to own vstarcam until recently my cam turn black and white image. Can someone recommend me where to get? Quite urgent..
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #3688
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I know where did you order your sineoji? If can, pls pm me privately. Seems like recently so much happening here.

Used to own vstarcam until recently my cam turn black and white image. Can someone recommend me where to get? Quite urgent..
fyi. vstarcam servers has been compromised. please ditch asap

you can order here
http://sineoji.com/estore/

Last edited by localITguy; 06-02-2016 at 03:09 PM..
Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #3689

Zafego PT100C

COT Pro downloaded from the marix website must be updated to the newer version in order to get the above preset view functions. Motion detection only for entire video frame, no zones like sineoji.
Ispy on PC works, use onvif settings below. Not compatible with Robert Chou's IPCAM viewer (Let me know when the app is able to find appropriate camera model or how to set the settings). Unfortunately, i don't have qnap to test dvr. But the COT Pro (latest) is great as shown in the youtube, with HD, SD and LD switchable resolutions, and 5 preset viewing positions, on LAN and over mobile network.

Address for RTSP is rtsp://IPAddress:554/onvif1
According to VLC, video: 1280x720 h.264, audio: PCM ALAW mono 16bit 8kHz
Ispy: add camera as IP Camera, FFMPEG(H.264), user and password as labelled on the device, UDP protocol. Recorded to googledrive, so I have storage on remote location. Ispy recordings at1280x720 resolution at max 22 to 23fps (when set to max 30fps) but no audio. In Ispy, if you choose VLC (and input RTSP settings above) instead of FFMPEG as advised for DBpower pt100c, you will get audio as well, and now I got it to work too! This is what i chose. I failed to get Marix's Windows CMS software to work with the camera. Since it is CNY holiday now, I need to find out from them after CNY.

rtsp://IPAddress:554/onvif2
According to VLC: video: 320x180, no audio

Portscan reveals only port 554 is open.

All I need is for this blob to take video and I have a PC in another location to record all detected motion with ispy on LAN, provide live viewing over internet for occasional checking. Eventually, I would like to get the QNAP to the job of the PC, but I am not certain about the motion detection functions.
The unique selling point is that the two-way audio via COT PRO app is loud and clear in the home setting. It is a continuous two-way audio.

Refer to DBPower PT100C for similar cameras.

If I am not wrong, this is cloud camera, because COT Pro is managing the internet connections to the camera, but has ONVIF functions (but I am unable to to get PTZ to work via onvif, still need COT Pro for PTZ). For a first Ipcam, yes I would get it. But long term, I am not so certain about the security of cloud cameras, and would prefer a software vendor like ispyconnect with proven security functions and subscription. If I had a chance to buy my next ipcam, it will be Sineoji for better ipcam functions, but beware that firmware security will be important, or foscam for ptz compatibility with ispy.

update 9 Feb 2016:
There are some peculiar issues with PT100C.
1. Upon first boot, the IP address for one of them was sticky and refused to change even after a hard factory reset. I forced it to change by changing the subnet of my router and then changing back to original subnet. After that, the DHCP seemed to work fine. I set most of my devices to a particular ip on my router, the device's DHCP client should accept the address offered by the router.

2. Low light IR activation (with the associated IR filter click) occured multiple times during one evening as the light faded. I counted exceeding 20 times in a span of 25 minutes by checking the ispy recordings. The second day, less than 10 times were recorded over an hour. I need to record continuously over a few days to find out the IR activation behaviour.
marixsupport likes this.

Last edited by tanjunse; 09-02-2016 at 11:25 AM..
tanjunse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:15 PM   #3690
Supremacy Member

fyi. vstarcam servers has been compromised. please ditch asap

you can order here
http://sineoji.com/estore/
Thanks! Already placed an order with them! Luckily they are able to fulfil my request by delivering asap. Can't wait to test it out later
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.