Wireless IP Camera thread

Dave27

Reaction score
I am loving my sineoji pt713 camera, every spot is captured in my hall. Even view where my cat is hiding and sleeping.:s13:
Is it difficult to configure the camera to have it record on a NAS ? I am intending to get the Asustor 2 bay NAS.

Ensure your Nas is onvif ready.

bojo387

Reaction score
PT498V Black video feed

I bought a PT498V yesterday from Challenger IMM. I installed it this morning and everything was working fine during the day until this evening. All of a sudden, the screen is just black when viewing the video from the phone. The camera responds to pan and tilt commands from the iPhone app but the screen is just black. There is also cracking sound sometimes from the unit itself.
I thought it was the night mode but nothing happens even after I adjust there.

I have done a reset and after configuring on the iPhone app, the same problem exists. The video screen is black. I have tried via web ui and it is just a black screen also when viewing the live feed.

I tried backreading but could not find anything on this. Does anyone have a similar experience or know of a fix?

bojo387

Reaction score
I bought a PT498V yesterday from Challenger IMM. I installed it this morning and everything was working fine during the day until this evening. All of a sudden, the screen is just black when viewing the video from the phone. The camera responds to pan and tilt commands from the iPhone app but the screen is just black. There is also cracking sound sometimes from the unit itself.
I thought it was the night mode but nothing happens even after I adjust there.

I have done a reset and after configuring on the iPhone app, the same problem exists. The video screen is black. I have tried via web ui and it is just a black screen also when viewing the live feed.

I tried backreading but could not find anything on this. Does anyone have a similar experience or know of a fix?

My problem is fixed. (The unit was replaced)

Dean answered my email to sineoji support at 2AM. Instead of having me make the trip down to the service centre, he came over with a new unit to test with. Afterwards, he replaced the faulty unit. He explained it was the first time they saw the black stream problem and it could be a lens issue.

The replacement is working fine now. I'm glad to have read through the thread before making a decision to go with Sineoji.

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Am impressed with the service quality from Sineoji. Dean contacted me via Whatsapp close to 11.30pm and managed to help me troubleshoot. Saved me a trip to the service centre!

Last edited:

bojo387

Reaction score
Am impressed with the service quality from Sineoji. Dean contacted me via Whatsapp close to 11.30pm and managed to help me troubleshoot. Saved me a trip to the service centre!

Yeah, I was amazed as well. I'm happy with my Sineoji IP cam. I hope it lasts. But I really am impressed with the support from Dean!

darkMace

Reaction score
Sineoji cam is really worth the price. But the service by Dean is the best.
Whenever you have any question or query, Dean will always help you out without any hesitation. Thank you Dean for your wonderful and prompt service.
Highly recommended product and service.

Last edited:

Phumba

Reaction score
Using dlink 5030L with Synology NAS Surveillance Station.
Currently overseas, and about 5 days into my trip, the cam status shows disconnected from surveillance station.. no idea what happened also.. can’t even remotely reboot the camera....

If the camera is connected via wifi, it could be disconnected from the router.

Aero_GT

Reaction score
you guys have any idea if I install the ip camera in my house, but point at the door, capturing video of the movement at my doorstep, is it illegal / need permit?

Last edited:

sigurros

Reaction score
Hi all just set up 2 sineoji cam and connected to home network successfully. However, one of the 2 cam video cannot see from both iPhone and android app remotely.

It only shows a black screen with connecting. But no video.

The other cam has no issues with the video feed.

Both cameras show on-line on the device page of both apps.

Any one has similar issues or the cam is faulty?

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score
you guys have any idea if I install the ip camera in my house, but point at the door, capturing video of the movement at my doorstep, is it illegal / need permit?

there is a guideline from town council. also u need police report

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score

door viewer. ( ur peep hole become cam)

inside ur house

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all just set up 2 sineoji cam and connected to home network successfully. However, one of the 2 cam video cannot see from both iPhone and android app remotely.

It only shows a black screen with connecting. But no video.

The other cam has no issues with the video feed.

Both cameras show on-line on the device page of both apps.

Any one has similar issues or the cam is faulty?

faulty cam, please contact sineoji,they will replace for you

nickyviii

Reaction score
Hi folks

Does sineoji or any other brand support recording to router attached hard disk? Not Nas, just a single hard disk attach to router

Phumba

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.