HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree465Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #3691
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks! Already placed an order with them! Luckily they are able to fulfil my request by delivering asap. Can't wait to test it out later
hahaha okay, kindly ignore my PMs then. looks like you are already in contact with them
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #3692
Supremacy Member

hahaha okay, kindly ignore my PMs then. looks like you are already in contact with them
Yeap!

They came at 4pm and set up for me. He ensure that the camera is working well before he left. Good service.

Camera quality indeed good.

Way better than vstarcam. Time to throw my vstarcam somewhere
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #3693
Master Member

VStarcam is crap to me now, I've already change away all and put in ZAFEGO to my MALAYSIA home instead after a few cameras did not show up online, end up saw that all cameras are having all LAN lights ON constantly, which I learnt is the processor bricked or dead. Mind you, these are the latest C series, crap products...

Yah, MARIX had ditched vstarcam in SG, understand that many other distro around the world also stopped selling, even the MY distributor (not MARIX) i last asked also say they ditched the brand cos of high returns. All selling OEMs instead from MARIX, but higher price than SG.

Zafego wise, easy to setup to local internet provider's wifi router with their quick setup feature. So, i had no problem setting up even when local telcos had the lan port disabled.

CMS wise, I think there is bug. Need to ask MARIX to overhaul it when i get back to work after CNY.

They have flash sales now everyday between 8pm to 12midnight, price to me is cheap, below $100 budget.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #3694

Ip cam with full recorded video setting

Hey guys and bro here, I would like to ask some suggestion of Ip cam that can full recording like the old cctv and recorded to SD card, which brand do you recommend? The samsung dlink or others? Please help me. I Need it ASAP... thanks bro..
Alx8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #3695
Master Member

My colleague show me this sales which I took a Snapshot.

How good is Vstarcam products? See for yourself. 200 units of refurbished sets with no warranty for sales. I also dont dare to buy any of their products...

http://i65.tinypic.com/dnlrit.jpg

Now I fully understand why MARIX suddenly dropped their distribution...

Even if price for cameras dropped to way below 50% I also wont consider. Scary...

Last edited by geckoSG; 11-02-2016 at 10:34 AM..
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #3696

Kodak IP camera

Hi,

I just bought a Kodak IP camera
from Lazada last week and tested it today. I bought the CFH-V15, PTZ cam.

One feature I like is the 24-hour cloud storage. There is no SD card slot.
Only wifi, no LAN.

I find it very useful as there is no need to do extensive configuration to setup recording.

There is motion detection and notification.

I could save the video to my phone if I want to keep it longer.

Nice!
windowshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #3697

Hey guys and bro here, I would like to ask some suggestion of Ip cam that can full recording like the old cctv and recorded to SD card, which brand do you recommend? The samsung dlink or others? Please help me. I Need it ASAP... thanks bro..

Hello bro.. please help me.. do you find challenger price is good deal? Thanks
Alx8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #3698

I bought 2 of the sineoji 593 models with the wide angle recently and it arrived and they installed for me on my iPhone and Macbook Pro. It has been serving me well and I am overall satisfied with the quality of the video, including the service,rendered and provided. I am sure you can search on this thread on the recommendation.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #3699
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought 2 of the sineoji 593 models with the wide angle recently and it arrived and they installed for me on my iPhone and Macbook Pro. It has been serving me well and I am overall satisfied with the quality of the video, including the service,rendered and provided. I am sure you can search on this thread on the recommendation.
+1 for sineoji solid service
Old 11-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #3700
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

I just bought a Kodak IP camera
from Lazada last week and tested it today. I bought the CFH-V15, PTZ cam.

One feature I like is the 24-hour cloud storage. There is no SD card slot.
Only wifi, no LAN.

I find it very useful as there is no need to do extensive configuration to setup recording.

There is motion detection and notification.

I could save the video to my phone if I want to keep it longer.

Nice!

i would prefer a local storage over cloud, as you do know where the server is hosted.

but cloud is a nice function
windowshopper likes this.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #3701
Master Member

Cloud storage will eat into your bandwidth of your internet plan for sure. hence local storage to NAS, etc is preferred, i go for microsd n nvr or nas backup for longer storage n control within my LAN. Do not be surprise that cloud IP Cameras may use up to 2GB daily simply doing heartbeat n varies small tasks. I am currently doing traffic tracking from my diff brand cameras to see which one generates lowest traffic including MARIX's cameras n other brands popular in this forum Like Sineoji once i get my hands on it.

Last edited by geckoSG; 11-02-2016 at 11:14 PM..
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #3702

On the Kodak Ip camera, I find it quite ok.

I could see the recorded videos on the mobile app and also thru website.

Video uploading doesn't seems that much.

I'm using M1 1Gbps fibre, so no issue with bandwidth.

Best part is that is is easy to install (power on camera, download app and follow few steps on the app to setup the camera). All done in few mins.

I could also share the camera with my parents (with their own acct), so they can see the kids when they like! (they're in KL).

The push notification works well! There is setting of time (and day) to turn on/off the notification. So, the camera will send me notification when I'm at work and not when I'm at home.

I've a Dlink 5020L and also a Sineoji (can't remember the model, but it is HD and has pan-tilt).

Dlink app is ok. Setting up recording is a bit troublesome, as have to do it on website of the camera setting. But sometimes I don't get good connection from the app. Not sure why.

For Sineoji, live viewing is ok. Recording is also ok. But the app is a bit clunky and doesn't look modern. This is my opinion.

Both the Dlink and Sineoji use micro SD card. I don't use the notification as too many false alarm.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #3703

I have the Sineoji PT495V in my office and PT593V installed in my kitchen. Both are remarkably good.

PT495V in my office

PT593V in my kitchen

windowshopper likes this.
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #3704

Hi Doc,

actually i'm looking for some software that can see all the different cams together in one.. On a PC, i do wat u did, via a browser see one by one.. on my iphone, i found one that can do the SMCs but no such luck with the dLinks. my one Windows Mobile phone.. nothing at all..

TIA!
Are you looking for software that allows you to see all the different cams at home in your own local area network or will you be accessing them remotely from outside your local area network, for example your workplace. And what model of the Dlink camera do you use?
librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #3705

IP Camera Pro does the trick for me. Available in iOS and Android.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.