HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #3856

I have an ipcam and it has been very frustrating. Most of the time I have not been able to connect. If I manage to connect, I can view but when I rotate the camera from my iPhone, the video stay still until about 8 seconds later, then I can see the video starting to rotate. But the delay is not acceptable. I thought it was a wifi related problem but when I connect an ethernet cable directly to the ipcamera through the router, no improvement.

I am using 4G and my home broadband is 300 mbps fibre which is sufficient in my opinion.

Anyone can tell me what is wrong ? If i get another new set, I am just afraid that the same issue appears as what i am experiencing now.
I encountered exactly the same problem as you do in the past with an unknown brand of ip camera. It is not worth the money, time and effort running all over and getting it fixed and exchanged.

Go and get the sineoji camera and see the difference, real-time, when you pan, the video moves instantly with no delayed frames or lag. I am sure the folks from sineoji will be able to give you a live demo before you purchase.

I am a heavy mac user, getting my cameras supported on iMac and my macbook pro is a priority. The sineoji folks assisted me in the configuration setup during the installation process when I ordered the cameras online.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #3857

Heating issue is hardware. Its a problem on their C series for quite a while. I have also tried power adapter change, it makes no difference. It is the hardware. CEF was doing 200 unit clearance of a C series at $8 with no warranty a while ago.

Also, OEM hardware now can b easily bought in china. The board can b bought from A, imaging from B, assemble together and you have the same thing. Keke.

And I see that MARIX is also selling OEM of wanscam already which is the same as Sineoji. Expect to see more competitive pricing soon which is good for consumers since everyone is offering site setups, 3 years warranty
I have recently switched to POE for my 2 Vstarcam C7838WIP and C7824WIP. The POE splitter is pumping out 6.5vdc instead of 5vdc and it seems to solve the problems I faced such as hang, auto reboot, unable to pan to preset upon boot.
BeeFour6922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #3858

Xiaoyi is good. Wide angled lens and easy to use. Quality on par with all cameras on market. Cheaper will b what i previously recommended. Rmb99 from taobao.
Newer batch for China market cannot be used outside mainland China.
Old 21-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #3859

seems that latest updates for vstarcam screwed alot of things up.

1. Mobile app eye4 keeps crashing for no reason
2. Vscam no longer able to do any firmware upgrades
3. Ip camera finder tool and smart upgrade tool having issues locating cameras on lan.
4. Reset of camera, the camera keeps detecting wrong encryption from router. Setup impossible to continue using mobile. Only way is to manual setup via webui.

zzzzZZZZ...
I have no issues with eyes android app.
Don't need to reset my cams at all.

Infact I use Tinycam Monitor Pro. Perfect for remote live viewing.

But I have to say the C7838WIP is one of the best Cams around. C7824WIP is really a budget cam but it has good low lux sensor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by BeeFour6922; 21-04-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Old 21-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #3860
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have an ipcam and it has been very frustrating. Most of the time I have not been able to connect. If I manage to connect, I can view but when I rotate the camera from my iPhone, the video stay still until about 8 seconds later, then I can see the video starting to rotate. But the delay is not acceptable. I thought it was a wifi related problem but when I connect an ethernet cable directly to the ipcamera through the router, no improvement.

I am using 4G and my home broadband is 300 mbps fibre which is sufficient in my opinion.

Anyone can tell me what is wrong ? If i get another new set, I am just afraid that the same issue appears as what i am experiencing now.
what brand?

sounds to me you have a faulty unit..

did u try a reset?
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #3861

I encountered exactly the same problem as you do in the past with an unknown brand of ip camera. It is not worth the money, time and effort running all over and getting it fixed and exchanged.

Go and get the sineoji camera and see the difference, real-time, when you pan, the video moves instantly with no delayed frames or lag. I am sure the folks from sineoji will be able to give you a live demo before you purchase.

I am a heavy mac user, getting my cameras supported on iMac and my macbook pro is a priority. The sineoji folks assisted me in the configuration setup during the installation process when I ordered the cameras online.
usually how long will they take to deliver when order from sineoji ?
jwattbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #3862

what brand?

sounds to me you have a faulty unit..

did u try a reset?
an oem brand I bought from Sim Lim square I have reset it and using a direct lan connection from the ipcam to router. video is always in slow motion.

but when it is connected within the same internal wifi work, everything is ok, video is smooth. But when you watch it outside your network using workplace wifi or 4G, there is a drastic delay or slow motion.
Old 21-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #3863
Arch-Supremacy Member

usually how long will they take to deliver when order from sineoji ?
probably 1-2 days.
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #3864

probably 1-2 days.
Thanks.

Rang up sineoji and they requested me to order online. If order before 3 pm, they can deliver by today including installation.

I ordered the PT495V. Will update
Old 22-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #3865

Thanks.

Rang up sineoji and they requested me to order online. If order before 3 pm, they can deliver by today including installation.

I ordered the PT495V. Will update
i'm using one. u will have no regrets.
jwattbradley likes this.
eting72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #3866

The sineoji camera I ordered today arrived at 4+pm. The gentleman advised me on the desired location where it should be mounted if I wish to cover that spot. Before he starts with the installation, I brief him on the issue I faced with another brand. He confidently replied that I will not be disappointed and suggested to me to try watching live on my 4G before he leaves. The entire installation takes about 30 mins with the trunking and mounting, getting it installed on my phone. This is the moment...I switched to my 4G and rotate the camera with my android, bingo, the video follows where I rotate. I swing my hand at the front of the camera and I can see right away on my phone. No delay. And my 4G signal is only on 2 bars.

Right after, he explained the app utility, the controls and so forth.

I am totally satisfied and this is exactly what an ipcam should be. He indeed was professional, patient and proficient

I should have got the wide angle but no regrets as this new camera serves me more than my expectation.
goodwin and localITguy like this.

Last edited by jwattbradley; 22-04-2016 at 07:30 PM..
Old 24-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #3867

damn regret i found this thread a little too late. went to purchase 2 pcs of Dlink 5222L, for 2 weeks, the cam keeps disconnecting and and way to solve the issue is to power off and on again. called their help desk also no use.
i understand that bros here got the sineoji, isit good? i'm thinking of jumping ship.
imreallyugly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #3868

damn regret i found this thread a little too late. went to purchase 2 pcs of Dlink 5222L, for 2 weeks, the cam keeps disconnecting and and way to solve the issue is to power off and on again. called their help desk also no use.
i understand that bros here got the sineoji, isit good? i'm thinking of jumping ship.
Look for Darren of Dlink. Tell him the product sucks big time. Ask him to RMA for another product.
Old 24-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #3869
Arch-Supremacy Member

if its under warranty, RMA the units

if you want to jump ship

sineoji user here.

no problems. works like it should
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #3870

if its under warranty, RMA the units

if you want to jump ship

sineoji user here.

no problems. works like it should
Really no problem? Don't want get bitten twice. Lol.
Is it true that even when over 4g no lag?

On their Web, it says free installation. Does that apply to all models? Thinking of getting the pt597 or pt593.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
imreallyugly is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.