HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree470Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #4141
High Supremacy Member

haha ya but this way of testing is really very costly!!

Actually, the best way to test the various ipcams is to put them side by side and do a group test. I think if you look at the start of this thread, I have attempted to do some group tests, but those cameras are from the late 2010 era. I have also attempted to do varying degree of brightness in the room (all lights on, toilet lights on, no lights on etc.). Only thing I don't have is a light meter. Been wanting to get it (was crazy over photography at one stage), but never got round to getting one.
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 12:19 AM   #4142

Jwattbradley,

You can say whatever you like. It doesn't affect me anyway, the more you slam me, the better it is for the public too to see where you are coming from. It's obvious you buy from cheap source have problem get no help and start blaming others. Vstarcam have passed it's time, and I do not hide this from the public, those who seen my posts previously would have seen me posting the suspected compromised of the cloud server with messages on mobile device recently. You can go ahead and discredit me like some others did recently.

There are many IP cameras out there on the market, buyers are free to choose what they buy, I always say, test before you buy. Installation fee offered by vendors, you like you take, no like look for others. Save money just DIY, no one is stopping you.

Nevertheless, my reviews will still go on, I will still post remarks of what I think. The public is free to see if what I said make senses based on photos and videos posted here.

So, there's nothing to hide when there are pictures and videos to prove it.
Mt geckoSG or rather Mr Installer,

I am pointing facts and I am sure there are others in this thread has voiced out about you. I need not abstract the history from this thread as the public has eyes to read them.

The public has the choice to choose what they buy BUT the public must be educated about you as a measure so that their money and investment is well spent.

Continue with your reviews as you need your reviews to make up for the for decline of your ipcam installation business. Young families without any background about ipcams or average income families, be considerate to them as they are not cash rich to splurge money, buy one, trash it and get another set as you felt that the ipcam you heavily referred has gone with the days.
jwattbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 02:52 AM   #4143
High Supremacy Member

just to share

maybe u can take a look at Hikvision cam. it really look gd with decent price but their Wi-Fi camera (look similar to ip cam series) like so so.

Last edited by harky; 16-07-2016 at 12:52 PM..
Old 16-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #4144

Can't beat the competitor, confuse the buyers.
localITguy likes this.
barrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #4145

After testing the sineoji PT713V for a few days, here is my verdict.

Pros:

The video quality is impressive at 1080p. Adjust the focus physically on the lens to get the best quality.
Watching live from outdoor using mobile data 4G is almost real-time, no lag at 1080p HD. You can Pan the camera smoothly. Responsive.
The ultra wide viewing at 170 degrees is a huge plus point and bonus. It covers all your blind spots when a normal camera can't.
Setup is a no brainer, download the mobile apps, enter your home wifi password and you are ready to go. 3 steps process.
Mac users you can view your cams live remotely with the sineoji app downloaded on your mac book air, iMac, mac book pro. With this app, you can view live and browse your recorded files on your micro sd card when you are at work or overseas.Mac OS must be El Capitan at least.
Records both motion and 24/7 on the sdcard. Can configure to records motion only.
3 years warranty and it comes with onsite installation and mounting services.

Cons.
Digital zoom is still at 4X. Awaiting sineoji to release a firmware update.
DDNS is not integrated
Motion detection is sensitive where it detects the slightest motion. This can be adjusted in the setup menu of the camera.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #4146

Any users of Foscam C1 camera and Asustor here?

I’m keen on getting an Asustor NAS because it offers 4 free camera license, double compared to Synology’s 2 only. However It seems a the support list from Asustor is pathetically short. And not much information is available in their user forums either.

Any users of these two products? Can Asustor record the videos from this C1 camera? Any feedback/comment is welcome. Thank you!
alexlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #4147
Master Member

Can't beat the competitor, confuse the buyers.
Fully agree on this one, plenty of clone accounts here to confuse the buyers
harky likes this.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:10 PM   #4148

Hi Dean, could u PM me, regarding buying & installing IP cam? Thanks
AdLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #4149
Master Member

Quick summary on the WANSCAM HW0051

960P resolution, 2.8mm HD Lens, 3xOptical Zoom, support ONVIF

Setup

- Super easy setup, similar to expensive cameras here
- Same 4 view on a single screen streaming available

Streaming

Using 960P resolution, streaming is better than 1080P (HW0048) at FULL HD, not as much lag compared to 1080P model. There is delay in the transmission of image when you move it, til it shows on your phone.

3xOptical Zoom

- motor sound is quite loud, each zoom, you hear the mechanism move
- focus is manual not auto, so, you need to manually focus the image to your preference
- however, image is very clear when you zoom in and focus correctly, much better than digital zoom, digital zoom cameras will just increase the pixel size and makes image blur which later I will show a comparison between digital and optical zoom images.

APP Stability

The APP may crash occasionally, especially in the zooming portion (digital) as the mobile app have no limit to zoom in, so when you hit the limit, the app crash, I tried using sineoji APP to add the camera, it works also, but also crash doing the same thing.

WIFI Stability

The WIFI range is quite decent on this small camera

Damage

Cost is estimated around the range of RMB399 to RM499, it is quite a decent good buy for daily use due to its relative low pricing with 2 years manufacturer warranty.

Local Availability

I am asking if the local distributor on QOO10 will bring this model in, if yes, then for 2 years warranty, this is a good buy. Will also check if they will bring in the 1080P HW0048.
harky likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #4150
Master Member

In case some of the people are not aware of, Aztech released their new 1080P HD camera with new APP on the market, I saw at Challenger today, the APP supports multiple camera viewing (4). Price is $229 or $219. Even their 960P camera is only $169.

Will be doing a review once I get my hands on it.

Also, the NEW Samsung HD Camera is very very chio! Pricing only around $229.

Dr_Archer, any new IP Cameras that you had your hands on?
Old 27-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #4151
High Supremacy Member

LOL, my tb seller still remember i asked for 1080p camera, so he alww me now got the hw0021 & hw0048 1080p 2mp version WANSCAM camera..

maybe will get from him during nov tb purchase. So far quite happy with my hw0046 cam..

but not happy with the app (already feedback to them) as in,
if i click on their hd mode, it will reset my webIU setting which i set to default
but than their default setting is badly set (the video and audio dont match, it like audio faster than video when u play in pc)
try it on ip cam pro, dont have such thing happen. But it could be because u cant switch the mode and it will just follow what u set in the webIU.

Last edited by harky; 27-07-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Old 28-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #4152
Master Member

ask them for HW0021.
Old 28-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #4153
High Supremacy Member

Maybe. As long is 1080p! The price quite cheap. Was told it only RMB 285 (not included international shipping)

I sometimes open using office PC on web browser to see my dog lol.

ask them for HW0021.
Old 29-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #4154
Master Member

HW0021 is not listed on their website, got any pic yet?
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #4155
High Supremacy Member

The 1080p is not in their list, need to ask.
I think is not their official set.

HW0021 is not listed on their website, got any pic yet?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.