HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #4156
Supremacy Member

Hello all,

First time buying IP cams and need a bit of help here.

If I'm going for the Sineoji cams and also using MyRepublic, do I need to get static IP to view the cam from outside of my home network?

Appreciate the help!

Dean,
please PM me when u see this!
Old 31-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #4157

Hello all,

First time buying IP cams and need a bit of help here.

If I'm going for the Sineoji cams and also using MyRepublic, do I need to get static IP to view the cam from outside of my home network?

Appreciate the help!

Dean,
please PM me when u see this!
I am on My Republic and am using a sineoji PT597V. No static ip address is needed, I can view from my workplace or using my phone's data plan.
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #4158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any users of Foscam C1 camera and Asustor here?

I’m keen on getting an Asustor NAS because it offers 4 free camera license, double compared to Synology’s 2 only. However It seems a the support list from Asustor is pathetically short. And not much information is available in their user forums either.

Any users of these two products? Can Asustor record the videos from this C1 camera? Any feedback/comment is welcome. Thank you!
I am not using C1 but I am using Foscam FI9826P.

I saved all the alarm videos on the SD and alarm screenshots on my FTP harddisk drive attached to my router.

Everything is good. The camera can capture all the alarms perfectly.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #4159
Master Member

Mike, what is the effective distance for motion detection of Foscam? VStarcam was around 3metres when I was using it.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #4160

Thumbs up for Dean from Sineoji. Saw and diligently read through most of the post from most of your and call up Dean to enquire. Purchase 2 IP cameras on the website of Sineoji on 2 Aug'16 & supposedly able to install it the next day but due to some incidents, it was postponed to yesterday. He came on the time as stated by him. Really goods service from him and he also helps me to pair my extender which I bought about 1 year plus back from the IT Fair. He not only fix my IP cameras but also my house wifi too. Thanks a lot Dean!

Oh forgotten to add, my mum is very happy with the cameras as it is very clear & sharp for us.

Last edited by patgoh28; 05-08-2016 at 10:58 AM..
patgoh28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #4161
High Supremacy Member

LOL, maybe Sineoji should be sponsor of this thread as it almost full of their customer review...
coloumbiaGames likes this.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #4162
Master Member

Why sponsor when theres free advertising?
Old 07-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #4163
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, im trying to configure my Sineoji to work on Tinycam monitor app.

My cameras are setup like this. I have 2 routers in my house.

Group 1: Connected to Router 1 (Router 1 IP is 192.168.1.1)
Group 2: Connected to Router 2 (Router 2 IP is 192.168.2.1)

As you can see, the 2 routers are on separate network, cannot see each other.

I configured and portforwarded everything but i can only see the Camera's in Group 1. Group 2 cameras not showing. Are there any other settings i need to do?

Thank you in advance
rebornsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #4164
Master Member

Now the xiaoyi is officially available in Singapore with local office! 720P with 110 degress wide angle is just $69.

home camera 2, price is $179, a bit steep but at 130 degree, 1080P. Placed nicely and you will no longer need to pan tilt.

Set up is very easy, scan the qr code in your phone to the camera to setup wifi, for mounting, just use 3M tape to secure unit to wall, buy trunking around $2 per piece, and buy 3m fast charge cables at any mobile phone or computer stores.

Cheapest home surveillance camera now on the market with many features.

Read more at their website. yitechnology.com.sg, last time we all worry about no support, etc. Now officially here liao.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #4165

Hi guys, im trying to configure my Sineoji to work on Tinycam monitor app.

My cameras are setup like this. I have 2 routers in my house.

Group 1: Connected to Router 1 (Router 1 IP is 192.168.1.1)
Group 2: Connected to Router 2 (Router 2 IP is 192.168.2.1)

As you can see, the 2 routers are on separate network, cannot see each other.

I configured and portforwarded everything but i can only see the Camera's in Group 1. Group 2 cameras not showing. Are there any other settings i need to do?

Thank you in advance
You will configure your Router 2 as an access point so that your group 2 cameras will be assigned a dynamic IP from Router 1. As your Router 1 has already been setup with port forwarding, then it should work on tinycam. Do not forget to add the ip addresses of the cameras of group 2 that has been assigned with the new dynamic ip address in the port forwarding after your configure router 2 as an access point.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #4166

Now the xiaoyi is officially available in Singapore with local office! 720P with 110 degress wide angle is just $69.

home camera 2, price is $179, a bit steep but at 130 degree, 1080P. Placed nicely and you will no longer need to pan tilt.

Set up is very easy, scan the qr code in your phone to the camera to setup wifi, for mounting, just use 3M tape to secure unit to wall, buy trunking around $2 per piece, and buy 3m fast charge cables at any mobile phone or computer stores.

Cheapest home surveillance camera now on the market with many features.

Read more at their website. yitechnology.com.sg, last time we all worry about no support, etc. Now officially here liao.
but the price of home camera 2 in CNY is 399 from taobao, $179 seems a bit high....
Old 08-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #4167
Master Member

Agree, tats why my comment that price is steep. But still cheaper over major brands. For those with budget, 720P with 110 angle of view is a steal at $69. There is a thread which an owner posted sample picture. Very good images. It's almost double the price of what's at taobao, but we get local warranty and support
Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #4168

i'm looking for an IP Camera for my music/dance studio. Intend to put about 3 in the place to monitor individual studios and reception area. Here are my requirements:

1. HD Footage
2. Ability to record/store footages for up to 14 days
3. Comes with installation to help mount on my ceilings/walls.

I've been reading the forums and have seen brands such as Vstar, Xiaomi and Sineoji popping up. Any recommendations and good deals? Don't need anything too pro.
jkcm129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #4169
Master Member

If on budget, just get xiaoyi 720P with 110 viewing angle. $69 is cheap per camera. You can use Microsd card to record, I will skip vstarcam cos of the number of rising complains we see here.

Installation wise just DIY with 3M tape. Nothing difficult, hardware store got sell double-wides tape trunking (small) to conceal. Micro USB 2 or 3metre easily buy online can
Old 11-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #4170

i'm looking for an IP Camera for my music/dance studio. Intend to put about 3 in the place to monitor individual studios and reception area. Here are my requirements:

1. HD Footage
2. Ability to record/store footages for up to 14 days
3. Comes with installation to help mount on my ceilings/walls.

I've been reading the forums and have seen brands such as Vstar, Xiaomi and Sineoji popping up. Any recommendations and good deals? Don't need anything too pro.
You should not consider only the price but the following:

1) Local technical support/aftersales service must be readily available
2) Reliability - high connection rate for online viewing
3) Free installation and troubleshooting
4) Safety mark (AC adapter)
5) Locally-based server
6) Company profile

Hope you can make a wise choice.
barrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.