HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree470Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #4186

After testing the sineoji PT713V for a few days, here is my verdict.

Pros:

The video quality is impressive at 1080p. Adjust the focus physically on the lens to get the best quality.
Watching live from outdoor using mobile data 4G is almost real-time, no lag at 1080p HD. You can Pan the camera smoothly. Responsive.
The ultra wide viewing at 170 degrees is a huge plus point and bonus. It covers all your blind spots when a normal camera can't.
Setup is a no brainer, download the mobile apps, enter your home wifi password and you are ready to go. 3 steps process.
Mac users you can view your cams live remotely with the sineoji app downloaded on your mac book air, iMac, mac book pro. With this app, you can view live and browse your recorded files on your micro sd card when you are at work or overseas.Mac OS must be El Capitan at least.
Records both motion and 24/7 on the sdcard. Can configure to records motion only.
3 years warranty and it comes with onsite installation and mounting services.

Cons.
Digital zoom is still at 4X. Awaiting sineoji to release a firmware update.
DDNS is not integrated
Motion detection is sensitive where it detects the slightest motion. This can be adjusted in the setup menu of the camera.
how do you configure it on home dynamic IP fiberplan and if you need to view via 4G or on any other network, how does it work? does the camera have unique name which is searchable/found on www?
dr_z8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #4187
Master Member

how do you configure it on home dynamic IP fiberplan and if you need to view via 4G or on any other network, how does it work? does the camera have unique name which is searchable/found on www?
You can check out my post on this thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/49871255-post9.html
Old 22-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #4188

Looking for a replacement IP Camera. Is Sineoji good? If I read the last few posts correctly, seems that the Native application is not working well and third party cannot allow wide angle view? Can someone confirm?

I was introduced the new Samsung Pan/Tilt camera by Challenger Staff. They mentioned got Object Tracking and Privacy Mode which seems to be a good deal for the features.

Anyone reviewed this before?
greymsg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #4189

Looking for a replacement IP Camera. Is Sineoji good? If I read the last few posts correctly, seems that the Native application is not working well and third party cannot allow wide angle view? Can someone confirm?

I was introduced the new Samsung Pan/Tilt camera by Challenger Staff. They mentioned got Object Tracking and Privacy Mode which seems to be a good deal for the features.

Anyone reviewed this before?
Check that my review on the sineoji PT713V with the 170 degrees wide viewing angle. I used 3rd party apps such as IPCam Viewer by Robert Chou, Tinycam Pro and I am able to view the 170 degrees landscape from the app.

The sineoji native app has a bug with Android 6.0, nevertheless, they have released a fix recently and it has been automatically updated on my Samsung Note 5.

The ultra wide viewing angle is independent of any 3rd party app. And of course, as soon as you get your hands with the 170 degrees viewing, you will not want to touch any other cameras any longer. This is what I felt after I tested the PT713V.

Another point to take note. Live viewing must be real-time and responsive when you Pan or Tilt the camera and that's where sineoji fit into my environment.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 04:24 PM   #4190
Master Member

I've received the following 2 cameras for a review write up. So, hold your horses on purchasing any new IP cameras. This will be a very interesting write up for local available brand including the new SNH-V6410PN (with auto tracking feature)

geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #4191

geckosg, when will you release the review as I cannot see much information other than reading it via the digital review on The Straits Times. It was rated 4/5 by the editors
Old 24-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #4192

Another point to take note. Live viewing must be real-time and responsive when you Pan or Tilt the camera and that's where sineoji fit into my environment.
Thank you very much for the info, I will take into consideration when I compare
Old 26-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #4193

Went to the baby fair after work and got 3 sineoji ipcameras for $99 each with installation and mounting services as advertised. Good deal ! Thank you Patgoh28
Sineoji has a new model PT498V. $79 comes with home installation !. I just ordered 2 online.
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #4194
Supremacy Member

Those using Sineoji, do you get frozen video when you are watching live?

Will have to exit and open the app again. Sometimes it happens again after reopening the app also.

Other than this issue, I think the 2 models I bought are great! I have the 713 for my living room and a 497 for the kitchen.

713's wide angle lens allow me to cover the entire living room instead of buying 2 cameras.
Eviltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #4195

Those using Sineoji, do you get frozen video when you are watching live?

Will have to exit and open the app again. Sometimes it happens again after reopening the app also.

Other than this issue, I think the 2 models I bought are great! I have the 713 for my living room and a 497 for the kitchen.

713's wide angle lens allow me to cover the entire living room instead of buying 2 cameras.
Where is your router located ? As my fibre ONT and wireless router is located at my door entrance in a concealed spot, it affects my cams viewing due to the weak WiFi coverage. I have a WiFi extender and it helps a great deal with the ipcam.

Especially when you have your WiFi routers conceal in an enclosed cabinet...
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #4196
Master Member

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Part 1

This camera have been on the market for a while, but there is not much review done locally with photos and video sample, in fact, it is seldom talked about in the community.

Today, I shall explore this camera in great details and see what it can do. It is one of the camera that supports Dual Band Wireless (2.4GHz & 5GHz). All credit to Gain City & Convergent for supplying me with the camera for reviewing.

What is in the package?

1 x Camera Unit
1 x Mounting Bracket under the camera’s base itself
1 x LAN Cable
1 x mounting screws kit
1 x Safety Mark Power Adapter
All the warranty, user guides, etc.

Size Factor

As you can see from the photo below, the camera’s height is 2/3 compared against Samsung Note 7, with thickness around 1.5 times of the mobile phone

Side view of this camera against the Samsung Note 7

The camera compared next to the new model camera

Technical Aspect

• 1920x1080P (2Megapixel) Resolution, with H.264 Video Compression
• 128° Wide Angle Viewing Lens
• Night Vision
• Motion & Audio Detection Alarm
• 2-Way Communication
• Supports iOS & Android devices
• Support IE 9.0 or higher (only 32Bit browsers), Firefox
• Supports Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Safari, Firefox

About Review Environment

A Standard HDB Flat with big living room (Square)
1Gbps Fibre Internet on ASUS RT-AC66U
Tested using both 2.4GHz at 20MHz & 5GHz at 40MHz frequency
4G mobile network on Samsung Note 7

Samsung SmartCam APP

In my review, I am using Samsung Note 7 as my choice of mobile device. You can download the Samsung SmartCam App from both the PLAY and APPLE Store.

The APP have a clean interface with minimum icons. For non IT people, this is a plus. Upon Login into the APP, you get to see the Camera Listing which you can add cameras into the List (Mine was added before the screen shot was done) plus a Setup Icon which is the setup for the APP.

In Setup, You can configure the APP’s notification, your initial default Video Profile of what resolution you want to see when you login to any of your camera. And management of your local video, which your locally (phone) recorded video is being copied over to your camera’s VIDEO area. Remember to delete your local video clips to avoid clogging up your local recordings (30sec)

Simple Setup

Any cloud-based IP Cameras should be easy to setup, the loan unit achieved this. Without looking into the setup guide, I was able to follow the simple guide on the APP to complete adding a camera and to get it working. And this is only a one time process, the camera that you add to your account will be there even when you change to a new devices. Simply login to APP to see the cameras

Procedure

1. Register an account
2. Press on Wireless Button below the camera til you see blinking yellow LED in front
3. Add Camera on APP, select the detected camera
4. Add Wireless to the camera
5. Press No to complete or Yes to further configure other options
It took me only under 2 minutes less registering and logging into an account to setup the camera. Oh yes. Make sure you are on WIFI network at home.

Camera’s Features & Capabilities

LIVE Streaming Connectivity

In my testing, I have no problem connecting to the camera within average of 5 seconds.

Viewing Angle

Online specification shows Angular Field of View (D/V/H) as 128° / 62° / 111°. This is a Wide Angle Lens which can cover your room area completely if placed at the right corner of the room without additional cameras.

Zooming (Digital)

The camera supports 4X Zoom on iOS, Android but 10X zoom on web browser.

A good to have feature, in sufficient lighting environment, you can see clearly. But in insufficient lighting environment, this can be a challenge to see details. What I appreciate is that Samsung provides a frame to show you where you are zooming into and allows you to drag the zoomed-in frame around the Zoom area with information showing you how many times zoom are you doing, which is lacking in most of the other cameras on the market.

Night Vision

This camera has an effective range of 5 Meters which is sufficient for most of HDB & Condo housing in Singapore. Images are sharp at night and clear.
Effective range is 5 Meters, however, the IR is still able to penetrate beyond the limit, just that it will not be as bright as the effective range.

Response Time

Response time of the camera relatively ties back to varies factor. Your home internet speed and your mobile internet speed. Streaming is smooth with minimum lag noticed on WIFI. 4G Streaming is smooth provided your mobile bandwidth does not fluctuate that much.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #4197
Master Member

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Part 2

SmartCam APP

Quality: 3 Levels - Low, Medium, High

In the Application itself, under Setup, the Video Profile is set to Low Resolution to allow you to establish the fastest connectivity and streaming. You may change this to your preference, I personally like to leave it at Low so that I can connect to the camera at the shortest time and change resolution during streaming based on my network condition

The Low Resolution is clear to show you the surround, but not in greater details. Speed of motion is very constant and instant*.

The Medium Resolution gives you resolution in greater details, words can be seen clearly from the picture below.

The High Resolution brings everything in the greatest possible details, image are sharper and you can definitely see the difference between medium and high. In high details, everything is clearer but speed wise, if under 4G conditions, may have to expect your expectation on the streaming continuity.

* There will definitely be a streaming delay for all IP Cameras.

I like the fact that LIVE view, they start you up with a HELP screen showing you what the icons represent. You can hide this recurrent display after you get familiar with the interface.

LIVE View Help Screen

Audio Feature

This camera comes with 2-way audio, and mind you, the audio quality is very clear. I can actually talk to the camera standing next to the camera without hearing the camera pick up echos when I depress the MIC button.
Using the surveillance mode, I can hear clearly the surrounding; you will not hear static noises from the camera, and something that I noticed which is a plus point. Someone who is playing music in another room, I can easily pickup that sound easily

LIVE View Recording Possible

The camera supports up to 30 seconds LIVE view recording to either local phone or camera’s microSD card. This allows us to capture critical video evidence when we need to.

Recording Resolution

The camera supports Continuous and Event Recording at 720P resolution. MicroSD max supported size is 64GB. I noticed that the Motion Recording is pretty accurate with low miss rate at 4metre range which is a good feature so that you need not do a full continuous recording and saves on microSD Card space
Old 28-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #4198
Master Member

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Part 3

Playback Feature

The Playback module is very easy to use, select the date, and select the Type of recording you are retrieving, and the camera will bring you to an innovative interface that allows you to search for the clips and starts the playback. Upon completion of playback, the APP interface allows you to play the next clip

Web Interface

In an event which your office does not allows you to use your mobile to connect to the WIFI but you have a web-browser, you can still login to the cloud interface to access your cameras

Low Resolution Image over the webUI (For comparison, look at the edges of the objects to see the sharpness)

Medium Resolution Image over the webUI (For comparison, look at the edges of the objects to see the sharpness)

Last edited by geckoSG; 29-08-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 28-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #4199
Master Member

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Part 4

High Resolution Image over the webUI (For comparison, look at the edges of the objects to see the sharpness)

Special Product Features

Baby Lullaby Songs
This camera is also a baby monitoring camera. The camera comes bundled with 3 x Lullaby tunes that you can playback to your baby while monitoring. This additional feature value-adds the camera.

Motion & Audio Detection

The first of its kind to have both features available in a single camera and have the option to adjust each feature’s sensitivity individually according to needs.
The audio detection function is very sensitive, using it to monitor a baby, the camera picks up noise easily including the baby’s adjusting of himself on the bed and sends you a notification for you to login and check if the baby is truly awake which I find is a useful feature

The motion detection allows you to setup up to 3 ZONES for area detection. A very useful feature to prevent full screen detection (or false alarm). Pictures can be uploaded to Google’s Picasa

Image Encryption

Samsung cameras supports encryption of your data over the internet, when you enable the Image encryption, your streaming is encrypted and thus, taken care of the security concern over intercepted transmission over the internet! However, this means a hit on your speed of access since decryption is required.

Wide Dynamic Range

This is one helpful feature on Samsung’s cameras, when your surrounding is dark, you can activate the WDR to allow the camera to auto compensate the surround area by doing adjustments to the brightness, etc. So that you can see more clearly, and this feature is extremely helpful when you try to see a person face more clearly against strong sunlight.

Image without WDR enabled. You can see that the area around the SCOOTER wordings are not very visible to some. Note; this image is taken with a SNH-V6410PN to demonstrate the WDR, so viewing angle is smaller

Image with WDR enabled. You can see now that the image that is against the light are adjusted so that you can see more in details, the bicycle area will show you more details in terms of the decals and wordings on it. Note; this image is taken with a SNH-V6410PN to demonstrate the WDR, so viewing angle is smaller

Summary

The 128° Wide Angle view of this camera brings value to its price, you will no longer need to invest in multiple cameras to see more. Moreover, the sensitive motion and audio detection is top notch which was brought forward to the newer series SNH-V6410PN. I like the clear image and no nonsense motion detection technology on the camera. Digital Zooming was also very well considered in implementation.
Easy to use and good streaming quality is the plus point

It comes with 2 Years warranty from Convergent Systems (S) P/L, and is available also in Gain City megastore and showrooms.

Last edited by geckoSG; 29-08-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 28-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #4200
Master Member

The NEW Samsung SNH-V6410PN Part 1

When I receive this camera from Gain City, my first thought was, wow, this is one cool looking smart device for anyone who have a modern looking home to boast about.

The new SNH-V6410PN from Samsung certainly deserves praises to its designers. A small looking stylish camera displayed in a see through glass on the top of the product packaging. This packaging simply flaunts it all. Samsung have done a very good job on the packaging to show the consumer what to expect in the box without a need to put any physical unit out on the showroom.

What is in the package?

1 x Camera Unit
1 x Mounting Bracket (Trust me, it is cool looking)
1 x Mounting Screw (yes, the one that also screw the camera onto the display on the box)
1 x Mounting screws (accessories)
1 x USB Safety Mark Power Adapter and Micro-USB Cable
All the warranty, user guides, etc.

Size Factor

As you can see from the photo below, the camera is just slightly thicker than the new Note 7 and is HALF the size in height to the phone upright. Small is beauty.

More photos of this beautiful product

The bracket makes the camera looks very futuristic, not like conventional IP Cameras which brackets really needs to break away from the conventional design

Technical Aspect

• 1920x1080P (2Megapixel) Resolution, with H.264 Video Compression
• Pan / Tilt (350° / 155°)
• Night Vision
• 24x7 Continuous Recording
• Motion & Audio Detection Alarm
• 2-Way Communication
• Object AUTO Tracking
• Wide Dynamic Range
• Supports iOS & Android devices
• Support IE 9.0 or higher (only 32Bit browsers), Firefox
• Supports Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Safari, Firefox

About Review Environment

A Standard HDB Flat with big living room (Square)
1Gbps Fibre Internet on ASUS RT-AC66U
Tested using 2.4GHz at 20MHz frequency
4G mobile network on Samsung Note 7

Samsung SmartCam APP

In my review, I am using Samsung Note 7 as my choice of mobile device. You can download the Samsung SmartCam App from both the PLAY and APPLE Store.

The APP have a clean interface with minimum icons. For non IT people, this is a plus. Upon Login into the APP, you get to see the Camera Listing which you can add cameras into the List (Mine was added before the screen shot was done) plus a Setup Icon which is the setup for the APP.

In Setup, You can configure the APP’s notification, your initial default Video Profile of what resolution you want to see when you login to any of your camera. And management of your local video, which your locally (phone) recorded video is being copied over to your camera’s VIDEO area. Remember to delete your local video clips to avoid clogging up your local recordings (30sec)

Simple Setup

Any cloud-based IP Cameras should be easy to setup, the loan unit achieved this. Without looking into the setup guide, I was able to follow the simple guide on the APP to complete adding a camera and to get it working. And this is only a one time process, the camera that you add to your account, will be there even when you change to a new devices. Simply login to the APP to see the cameras

Procedure

1. Register an account
2. Press on Wireless Button below the camera til you see blinking yellow LED in front
3. Add Camera on APP, select the detected camera
4. Add Wireless to the camera
5. Press No to complete or Yes to further configure other options
It took me only under 2 minutes less registering and logging into an account to setup the camera. Oh yes. Make sure you are on WIFI network at home.

Camera’s Features & Capabilities

LIVE Streaming Connectivity
In my testing, I have no problem connecting to the camera within average of 5 seconds.

Viewing Angle

Online specification shows Angular Field of View (D/V/H) as 96.1° / 43.4° / 80.9°. However, the view I get is quite broad, as the camera placed at 1 corner is able to allow us to see almost the entire 2 end of the living hall. Coupled with the Auto-Tracking, you no longer need an Ultra Wide Angle Lens as the camera can track a moving object and follows it.

Zooming (Digital)

The camera supports 3X Zoom on iOS, Android but 10X zoom on web browser. For new owners of IP Cameras, let me remind you that Digital Zoom is “blowing up” the pixels not making it clearer nor sharper. This is only achievable via optical zoom.
A good to have feature, in sufficient lighting environment, you can see clearly. But in insufficient lighting environment, this can be a challenge

Night Vision

This camera has an effective range of 5 Meters which is sufficient for most of HDB & Condo housing in Singapore. Images are sharp at night and clear.
Effective range is 5 Meters, however, the IR is still able to penetrate beyond the limit, just that it will not be as bright as the effective range.

Response Time

Response time of the camera relatively ties back to varies factor. Your home internet speed and your mobile internet speed. There is a standard 1~2 second delay between your action and the streaming of the changes to come to your phone when you swipe it.
Streaming from the camera is smooth, the camera is responsive to commands, you can define small movement pan/tilt using the arrow keys while faster pan/tilt with swipes in full screen mode.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.