HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #4231
High Supremacy Member

No. Ts create this thread is to discuss any IP camera and share review..

But some user are too side on "some" brand IP Cam is really too much.

That is what I see in this thread. Hope mod can do something to it.

So this forum only allows Sineoji products promotion and support and it must be positive to the brand... I get it
pilotsnoopy likes this.

Last edited by harky; 01-09-2016 at 04:27 PM..
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #4232
High Supremacy Member

Those who bought @ $170 plus sure feel heart pain.

Got the sineoji at Tampines Challenger..1 year warranty for this model
Old 02-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #4233
Master Member

Let jwattbardley post more. The more he post the better. Motive very clear from which brand and what he is trying to do

I can't be bothered.

I try to finish the Kodaks review by next week. Very interesting feature on time frame reel they have.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #4234

do your IP cameras making a jittery tapping noise when you listen to the video playing?
xorionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #4235
High Supremacy Member

my one do had some noise but after i lower the speaker vol.. look ok liao..

isit because u turn up the vol too high?

machine sound isit?

do your IP cameras making a jittery tapping noise when you listen to the video playing?
Old 02-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #4236

I use Vstarcam with IP Cam Viewer apps on my phone.Change id and password for the camera and use Asus firewall to block all other port for the camera. Run penetration test and result good. Had been using the camera for 6 months and look good. Run with LAN n not wireless.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Zeltos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #4237
Master Member

Ok. This evening, i will put up partial review for kodak fixed camera since owner is taking down the set from his home
harky likes this.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #4238

hey there, any way i can get dean's contact? am looking to install IP camera in my home
tcyeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #4239

hey there, any way i can get dean's contact? am looking to install IP camera in my home
just call the sineoji main line and you can reach him. I just renewed my challenger membership and bought 2 sineoji 498 cameras.

earthlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #4240

just call the sineoji main line and you can reach him. I just renewed my challenger membership and bought 2 sineoji 498 cameras.
thanks!
tcyeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #4241
Master Member

Kodak CFH-V10 Part 1 of Part 5 (Review)

Wrapped in a yellow packing, the new Kodak IP Camera or Video Monitor as they called it is something new to me and to most of us. I last known them as one of the huge business niche in providing negative films that I took photographs with.
But, this time round, no negative films is required to operate this, not even a microSD card

What is in the package?

1 x Camera Unit
1 x Mounting Screws Kit
1 x Safety Mark Power Adapter

All the warranty, user guides, etc.

Size Factor

The camera is pretty slim, similar size to my Note 7 and is ¾ height of the phone

More photos on the product

Side View

Technical Aspect

• 1080x720P (1Megapixel) Resolution, with H.264 Video Compression
• Viewing Angle: Horizon: 77°, Vertical: 56°. Diagonal: 102°
• Supports Wireless 802.11b/g/n with 2x2 MIMO
• Night Vision (5 Meters)
• 24x7 Continuous Recording
• Motion Detection Alarm
• 2-Way Communication
• Supports iOS & Android devices
• Lifetime 1-Day Cloud Storage

About Review Environment

• A Standard HDB Flat with big living room (Square)
• 1Gbps Fibre Internet on ASUS RT-AC66U
• Tested using 2.4GHz at 20MHz frequency
• 4G mobile network on Samsung Note 7

iSecure+ APP

To setup this camera, you will need to download iSecurity+

Overall, the application interface is very simple as below

Last edited by geckoSG; 08-09-2016 at 10:17 AM..
Old 08-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #4242
Master Member

Kodak CFH-V10 Part 2 of Part 5 (Review ~ Pictures Upload soon)

Simple Setup

This camera uses a very different setup procedure. First, setup the camera to SETUP Mode as below. Button Up.

Then, you link to the camera’s SSID using your mobile device

Next, launch the application and it will auto-detect the camera where you will setup the wifi to the camera

Last edited by geckoSG; 08-09-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #4243
Master Member

Kodak CFH-V10 Part 3 of Part 5 (Image Upload Soon)

Con't

You may then select to create a new account or login

Then rename your camera

And for the final part, switch the button downwards to WIFI

There is room for improvement still on reducing setup time

Camera’s Features & Capabilities

LIVE Streaming Connectivity

I was able to connect to the cameras within 5 secs most of the time.

Viewing Angle

The camera sports a wide angle of 102°diagonally. Which when placed onto a corner of the house, allows you to view about slightly near half the house.

Zooming (Digital)

The camera supports up to 8X Digital zoom, and take note that digital zoom as in all my reviews, I will tell you that it will not be clear as it blows up the pixel

Night Vision

The camera’s night vision effectively is 5meters, but IR light is able to penetrate to around 7 meters or so. So, to view clearly, your objects should fall within the 5 meters range. You can do manual ON/OFF of the IR.

Response Time

The camera response time is fast from my test. Take note that all IP Cameras have a lag delay in video representation. Within LAN is 1~2 second, using 4G, can be a great difference if your network is congested.

2-WAY COMMUNICATION

The camera supports 2 way communication, the audio is on par with most cameras I have tested, the Talkback Volume can be adjusted. 

iSecure+ APP

The Settings menu allows you to configure Motion Detection, Pet Highlight Reel, send invitations to view the camera, night vision, audio adjustment and extending the WIFI.

Last edited by geckoSG; 08-09-2016 at 04:39 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #4244
Master Member

Kodak CFH-V10 Part 4 of Part 5 (Reserved)

The Pet Highlight Reel is something very unique to this camera, more will be explained in details under the Special Product Features.

The PLAY Back module is very easy to use and allows you to do filtering of events. The previewing of each clip has a thumbnail of what you are expected to see for easy identification

LIVE View Recording Possible

The camera support LIVE viewing recording with audio to your phone. A small recording icon with a timer will appear on the top left of the screen. Duration of recording is 2 minutes

Recording Resolution

Cloud recording resolution is clear, I am estimating 720P from the resolution which I need verification from the distributor here. As you can see from the following motion detection clip, the recording is sharp and smooth. Audio capture is also clear too.

The camera does not support continuous recording. Only event recording (motion)

Playback Feature

The APP supports drag and drop timeline playback for the clip you are viewing. Each clip is roughly around 7 seconds onwards depending on the motion alarm, so this is good as it saves space. You may also download the clip that you are playing to your phone for easy play back or transfer

I noticed that is an quote “ “ icon on the top right of the screen for you to feedback to the developer if the motion detection is accurate or not. It is a good feature for the R&D to know for them to fine tune their products.

The playback module have icons to let you see in a nutshell, if it was a human, object or pet detection. Quite an intelligent system I must say

Web Interface

As this camera is a cloud-based system, you can login to the web’s cloud interface using IE, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. The URL is https://app.isecurityplus.com

The live view is using flowplayer to play and allows you to do a full screen. I am testing based on IE.

The webUI allows you to make changes to your camera’s setting

The camera does allow you to send email notification to your friends and family members to invite them to view your camera. So they can just create an account and be able to view as well.

Last edited by geckoSG; 08-09-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #4245
Master Member

Kodak CFH-V10 Review 5 of 5 (Images to be uploaded Soon)

You can change your subscription level too

Special Product Features

Pet Highlight Reel

This is one special feature built into the camera, you can actually create a timeframe clip out of your pets. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really test this. The house owner’s dog is too old to move around by itself.

Here’s a sample which was provided by the distributor.

<pending clip>

This feature makes a clip by combining all the clips with your pet to create a time lapse movie so that you know what your pet is doing throughout the day or week*.

* subjected to what your cloud plan is.

Video Timeout of Mobile Data

The APP allows you to define the Mobile Data Timeout so that you can control your viewing duration. Timing between 1, 5, 15, 30, 60 Minutes or No Limit at all. Default is 5 minutes. This flexibility allows you to control your own viewing limits

Motion Detection

The camera supports motion detection with various Sensitivity. Lowest, Low, Medium, High and Highest. So you can tune to your needs, By default, it is set as Lowest.

Notification Schedule

This is another additional feature built into the APP which you can set what time your phone receive notification.

WIFI Extender

Kodak’s IP Camera is also a WIFI extender, which is useful if you need to further extend your existing WIFI. The camera’s Extender uses suffix of “_xt” for you to identify the wifi network.

Summary

There is room for improvement on the product. This camera is total a web based camera with storage of events on the cloud. I would love to see their next model with multiple screen viewing. Overall, For the price of $149 I think that it is a great value for money, considering that it has 2MP resolution and cloud storage.

The cloud playback is smooth and short, so this makes the camera able to start playback promptly, it does not support continuous recording, with motion detection it would be sufficient, you should fine tune your motion detection sensitivity over the first few days of your usage to know which works in your environment.

The camera viewing angle is 102° which is quite wide. Default, the camera comes with Lifetime 1 Day recording onto the cloud FREE, 14-Days Recording Storage Trial for 1 month.

Pricing of storage I last saw starts from $2.99 per month onwards via the webUI interface. So any change of plans, you cannot use the mobile app to change the subscription.

It comes with 1 Year warranty from DMC Singapore Pte Ltd, and is available (pre-order) @ Gain City megastore. Understand that there is a sort of additional few months of additional storage exclusively to Gain City. TBC once I got update from DMC Singapore Pte Ltd.

And thank you both DMC & GC for inviting me to do this review on the product.

Last edited by geckoSG; 08-09-2016 at 06:51 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.