HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #4261
Master Member

Anyone bought DCS 5222LB and having trouble setting up?
Trying ipad app, computer, android but none can detect for remote viewing.
Local viewing is possible but need to connect to lan.

Or anyone has DLINK local support number? Try website but they don't have local number.
Lao Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #4262
Master Member

http://www.dlink.com.sg/category/sup...nical-support/
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #4263

Can Sineoji be viewed from computer web browser?
Yes viewing from my web browser in the office. Dean from sineoji came over and set it up from my home for mobile phones and laptop.
skintigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #4264
Master Member

Thanks geckosg.

Update on the situation, I called up the helpdesk and did all the necessary steps, hard reset, check router etc etc. When my laptop is scanning for the camera, I did the same thing on my ipad as well. Luck has it, ipad managed to detect the camera while laptop can't detect anything.

Give up on laptop, setup remote camera via ipad and get it working on all my mobiles.
No issue with camera. Only disappointed that it can only detect wireless 2G otherwise a good enough product for me to use.

As for why I didn't get Sineoji, Tampines Challenger doesn't have stock so get the next ip camera suited for my usage.

Cheers.
Lao Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #4265
High Supremacy Member

maybe u may want to manual login to your router and find the ip that connect to your camera...

if you set ur ip to some private (which my bro did), dont think can scan and check for camera ip connection which i use on another brand cam.

and also what type router u using.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #4266
Master Member

Yes viewing from my web browser in the office. Dean from sineoji came over and set it up from my home for mobile phones and laptop.
oo. okok. I will attempt to set it up for my relative this sat, hopefully if anything goes wrong, he can help me over the phone.

Does he have a HWZ account and reply in this thread?
Old 15-09-2016, 04:47 PM   #4267
Master Member

Anyone bought DCS 5222LB and having trouble setting up?
Trying ipad app, computer, android but none can detect for remote viewing.
Local viewing is possible but need to connect to lan.

Or anyone has DLINK local support number? Try website but they don't have local number.
Look at Post #9 of this thread, which shows how to set up Dynamic DNS for remote viewing using a free DDNS.
Old 15-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #4268
Master Member

One of the things I realised with my wireless devices (and I have lots of them) is that you need to reset the wireless device once in a while. Don't ask me why. It is as if the wireless signals somehow fail to sync between the device and the wireless router. You can either reboot the wireless device or reboot the wireless router. For me, I sometimes do both.

P.S. This loss of signal happens to everyone of my wireless cameras, plus my wired Trendnet IP camera.
Old 16-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #4269
Master Member

Agree with boss. Sometimes network devices need a reboot to work. But most of the time is the router. If need reboot too frequently, your router need to change
Old 16-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #4270
Master Member

Lao uncle, most camera only on 2.4ghz. 5ghz have but more costly. But you will need clear line of sight for smooth bandwidth at 40-80mhz band with no obstructions in between.
Old 16-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #4271

One of the things I realised with my wireless devices (and I have lots of them) is that you need to reset the wireless device once in a while. Don't ask me why. It is as if the wireless signals somehow fail to sync between the device and the wireless router. You can either reboot the wireless device or reboot the wireless router. For me, I sometimes do both.

P.S. This loss of signal happens to everyone of my wireless cameras, plus my wired Trendnet IP camera.
This is because you did not setup your wireless environment well.

For a wired camera to get disconnection, it can only be the camera's fault.
BeeFour6922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #4272

Agree with boss. Sometimes network devices need a reboot to work. But most of the time is the router. If need reboot too frequently, your router need to change
What you are saying is the residential/consumer grade router needs to be replaced by a commercial grade appliance.
Old 16-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #4273
Master Member

What you are saying is the residential/consumer grade router needs to be replaced by a commercial grade appliance.
Which of my statement relates to that? Lolz. Even commercial ones hangs too once a while.
Old 16-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #4274

Which of my statement relates to that? Lolz. Even commercial ones hangs too once a while.
Whatever I have quoted relates to it.

It is often the user hangs the appliance, be it consumer or commercial products.

I run Router OS and Moca network appliances at home, the only time it fails me is the PSU faulty. Other than that, I never need to touch it for years.

What makes the "off the shelves" IP cameras hang is because the user expected too much out of a "toy".
Old 16-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #4275
High Supremacy Member

Nvm, but it till best to restart once a while .
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.