Wireless IP Camera thread

free2d

Reaction score
Guys. Between Wyze cam V3 and Yi Home 3 and Kami, which better in terms of pictures quality and UI?
I am using Samsung Smartcam now but one by one is dying because of old age. Haha...
Difference about $20.
Thanks.

Giddeeyore

Reaction score
Thank you! I managed to get it up and running based on your recommendations.
But I guess if you want to secure the ddns (e.g. using https) need to pay right?
A bit disappointed with this Sineoji. Initially bought it avoid all the hassle of port forwarding.
I wonder if this encrypted IP affected only Sineoji IP cam or other brands as well.

Regards

Hi all, was thinking to share in this post how to get the Sineoji PT716V to work with Nokia Beacon2 and can view from IPCamViewerLit app on iPhone. Long story short, I recently recontract my starhub BB and had to change from my tplink router to Nokia Beacon 2. So if anyone interested to experiment with portforwarding to get this old IPCAM to work, please read on.

Step1: Register a free DDNS e.g. https://now-dns.com/ . This will "link" your home IP to a domain name.
Step2: Use a browser to access the Nokia Beacon2 configuration page e.g. 192.168.18.1. Username is Admin, Password is on the sticker below your Nokia Beacon2 device.
Step3: Identify your Sineoji IP camera IP address from the Nokia Beacon2 Status Page under home networking. You can confirm if you can access your Ipcam by accessing from PC/laptop browser 192.168.18.XXX:8081. This should open up a login page. default should be Username: admin Pw: admin.
Step4: Under Nokia Beacon2 Application Page, look for DDNS tab and enter the details from Step1.
Step5: Under Nokia Beacon2 Application Page, look for Port forwarding tab and configure a custom rule. WANPORT is the external port you want to open . LANPORT is likely 8081. Save the rule. May need to reboot the device if it necessary.
** You may want to use https://www.dynu.com/NetworkTools/PortCheck to see if the WAN port is open.
** If successful, access the ipcamera from your browser using the ddns. e.g. yourDNNSname.dtdns.org:[WANPORT]
** please remember to change your IPCAM password.
Step6: Download IPCAMViewerLite on your phone. Setup your camera.
Type: Wanscam HW0045 [somehow this works for Sineoji]
IPHost: yourDNNSname.dtdns.org
Http(s) port: WANPORT from step 5

Hope this is helpful for whoever needs this.

Desmond:

Reaction score
Long time user of Sineoji (since 2019).
Was using 716v and then in the same year was told to upgrade to 816 and 818.

Similar to many here, today we realised all the cams are offline and Dean is not responsive.

Are there any users of the brand still with functioning cams or all dead?

Sigh..

Hot2002

Reaction score
Long time user of Sineoji (since 2019).
Was using 716v and then in the same year was told to upgrade to 816 and 818.

Similar to many here, today we realised all the cams are offline and Dean is not responsive.

Are there any users of the brand still with functioning cams or all dead?

Sigh..
sineoji app only work for me when I am connected to Wi-Fi. So I am using ipcam viewer lite with port forwarding configuration instead

716 supports port forwarding, not sure if the 8xx series supports

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
-------------------------------------eauyong
"For home or office use : IMILAB (Xiaomi's subsidiary) Windows program which have max 9 cameras view or zoom in to any one view or 4 views. Play back historical files from each individual camera if microsd card is inserted. Example is my two Xiaomi cameras below.

Xiaomi%2BIMILAB%2B9%2Bcameras%2Bview.jpg

This software version below link is good for the Singapore server. Don't forget to read "PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE USING THE APP".
Most of the camera models are covered but there are some models you need to do some mod/changes to the device profile.
smile.gif

I do not have any PTZ camera but on the mobile phone screen with Mijia apk, you can pinch with 2 fingers to adjust zoom; not on the Windows app.

Just as a reference for members interested to know, the left side camera is the Xiaobai lightweight 65g camera and the right side is the Mijia Smart Outdoor IP65 Waterproof Camera. Both are 1080p, glass lens, cmos sensor, H.265 video coding. Difference is the Xiaobai wide angle 110°. The Mijia outdoor IP65 is wider at 170°. You will notice the more pronounced curvature of the Mijia outdoor camera due to this wider angle.

I think those that are sold under IMILAB will be included in the device_profile. Otherwise, one have to mod the device_profile by guestwork. Those already programmed included the followings:-

model:"xiaovv.camera.xvb4", description:"Xiaovv Outdoor IP65",
model: "isa.camera.hlc6", description:"Mi Camera Magnetic",
model:"mijia.camera.v1", model: "chuangmi.camera.v2", description:"ipc003",
model:"mijia.camera.v3", model: "mijia.camera.v4",
model: "chuangmi.camera.v5",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc009",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc020",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc021",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc007b",
model: "chuangmi.camera.v6",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc013", description:"小白智能摄像机青春版013A",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc016",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ip026c",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc021",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ip029a",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc017",
model: "chuangmi.camera.025b02",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019e",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019b",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc013d",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc004b",
model: "chuangmi.gateway.ipc011",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc010",
model: "chuangmi.camera.xiaobai",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc022",

Above list (include the Mi Camera Magnetic) can work on DSmartLife v.1.0 which I am using. For the newest version DSmartLife v.1.1, even though I mod the device profile to include the model: "isa.camera.hlc6" "Mi Camera Magnetic", the Mijia outdoor IP65 does not work. Only the xiaobai lightweight camera works. ATM, I revert back to use the old version 1.0. I suspect that Imilab must have modified some files in the new version to prevent hacking.

Sharing for those using Mi IP cam, i just knew that Mi have already officially released their IP App
https://www.mi.com/in/product/xiaomi-camera-viewer-app/
Similar to the previous IMILAB, but with full functions & support, stable without crashing or need for hacking.

mastermember

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sineoji app only work for me when I am connected to Wi-Fi. So I am using ipcam viewer lite with port forwarding configuration instead

716 supports port forwarding, not sure if the 8xx series supports
My 814V suddenly 2 units died. Now looking for replacements. Any recommendations?

mastermember

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO.
Using Tapo and Dlink.
Dlink - Need a different app.
Tapo - besides IP cams, also for home automation and sensors.
Me only need for monitoring of helper and kids at home. Leaning towards Tapo cause cheaper. And functions similar to Mijia.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me only need for monitoring of helper and kids at home. Leaning towards Tapo cause cheaper. And functions similar to Mijia.
IMHO.
Yes, TAPO price is very attractive. I moved from Dlink and KASA.
Tapo C110 has higher MP, wide FOV as I prefer non-PTZ and also support SDCard recording.
It is light enough so that I can mount to the wall with 3M Command tape.

In additional, now they have smart contact sensor that I might use for the main door.

mastermember

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO.
Yes, TAPO price is very attractive. I moved from Dlink and KASA.
Tapo C110 has higher MP, wide FOV as I prefer non-PTZ and also support SDCard recording.
It is light enough so that I can mount to the wall with 3M Command tape.

In additional, now they have smart contact sensor that I might use for the main door.
Yes the light weight is impt indeed, I also planning to install without drilling.

Hot2002

Reaction score
tapo uses a 9v power adapter? a bit troublesome if cam location is not near power socket. will be great if it uses usb

libratiger74

Reaction score
Hi, I upgraded my MIUI to 14 and Sineoji app no longer works. I tried IP Cam Viewer Lite but it seems I cannot download the recorded videos on the SD Card? Any workarounds appreciated. TIA.

johnleeyw

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought the Xiaomi Smart Camera C300.

The set up was relatively smooth but after set up, it says Couldn't Find Plugins, Check for updates. I cannot access the camera

Can I consult you how to resolve this issue?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
If your Xiaomi Smart Camera C300 says “Couldn’t Find Plugins”, it could be due to a firmware issue. You can try updating the firmware to fix the issue. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Open the Mi Home app on your phone.
  2. Tap on the camera icon to access the camera settings.
  3. Tap on “Check for firmware updates”.
  4. If there is an update available, tap on “Update” to install it1.
Hope this helps !!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.