HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #4351
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, am desperately in need of help setting up the Sineoji. Problems with email setup and motion detection.

I tried email setup using the following but all returned Failed cannot connect to the server.
Hotmail:
Server name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS
Auth: on

Yahoo
Server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Encryption method: TLS/SSL

I also am trying to set up motion detection but how do I know that it is in effect via the Sineoji software for PC? I've connected the camera and am able to Record but I'd like to record only upon motion detected...

Hope pro bros can help. Thanks!

i believe you can set the motion detection via the web ui at 192.168.1.xx:8081

You can contact sineoji at +65 8363 5195
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #4352

Need Help

hi guys, I tried to setup ip cam without much success. Need help. My router is Asus AC88U. ISP is Singtel. Camera model is Y-camera, under brand Choice.

The camera is configured:
HTTP Port: 83
IP address: 192.168.1.83
Subnet: 255.255.255.0.
Gateway: Blank
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.83
Secondary DNS: blank

I linked the IP cam to my Wifi and also set port forwarding in router:
Port Range: 83
Local IP: 192.168.183
Local Port: 83
Protocol: TCP
donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #4353

hi guys, I tried to setup ip cam without much success. Need help. My router is Asus AC88U. ISP is Singtel. Camera model is Y-camera, under brand Choice.

The camera is configured:
HTTP Port: 83
IP address: 192.168.1.83
Subnet: 255.255.255.0.
Gateway: Blank
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.83
Secondary DNS: blank

I linked the IP cam to my Wifi and also set port forwarding in router:
Port Range: 83
Local IP: 192.168.183
Local Port: 83
Protocol: TCP
From the earlier threads by one of the bros, it seems if there's wifi, no need to do port forwarding. In addition, I want to use the Asus DDNS from the router within. Is it there is no need to do the port forwarding?

Next, my Lan ip is 192.168.1.1, should I set it to 192.168.1.100 in the camera ip address?
donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #4354

i believe you can set the motion detection via the web ui at 192.168.1.xx:8081

You can contact sineoji at +65 8363 5195

Thanks. I did activate MD but it seems it records everything and only indicate motion detected on the video timeline in the software. but im still trying to find out how to make it record ONLY when there are motion detected.

Tried calling Sineoji few times...no answer
killerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #4355

Thanks. I did activate MD but it seems it records everything and only indicate motion detected on the video timeline in the software. but im still trying to find out how to make it record ONLY when there are motion detected.

Tried calling Sineoji few times...no answer
Hi killerer. Pls check PM.

To configure your mail settings such that when it detects motion, it will send a screenshot of the motion to your email. This can be configured in the sineoji mobile app on your phone.

Since you are using yahoo mail, pls enter the following parameters shown below except for the yahoo email address and email password. When you are done, click save.

Next, configure the motion detection recording by using the sineoji mobile app.

Go to alarm. Follow the settings as shown below. Next, you need to go to the schedule and select them.

Click Save when you have completed the alarm settings.

When there is motion, you will receive an email from yahoo indicating an app is signing in your account. Go to your yahoo settings and allow it. If it is not allowed, you will not received any email motion screenshots.

You can check the motion recorded files in your micro sdcard in the sineoji app remotely. Go to multimedia, remote and select the camera ID. If you are using an iPhone, after selecting the camera ID, click search. You can see a list of recorded files. You can tap on the file and it will playback.

Files that begin with AXXXXXX are motion detection files recorded. Files that begin with PXXXXX are 24x7 recorded files.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by monfrisco; 17-11-2016 at 01:42 AM..
monfrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #4356

Which camera allows me to save 24/7 recording to a hardrive connected to router?
cyberian likes this.
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 08:59 AM   #4357

Hi, am desperately in need of help setting up the Sineoji. Problems with email setup and motion detection.

I tried email setup using the following but all returned Failed cannot connect to the server.
Hotmail:
Server name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS

Yahoo
Server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Encryption method: TLS/SSL

I also am trying to set up motion detection but how do I know that it is in effect via the Sineoji software for PC? I've connected the camera and am able to Record but I'd like to record only upon motion detected...

Hope pro bros can help. Thanks!
Hi peeps. Dean came to assist me and I'd like to share the problems I faced which was explained very clearly. I cannot thank and compliment Dean enough.

Email setup.
Easiest way is to do it via the mobile app. I was using the PC application and had problems. The SMTP field has drop down menu with all the various email smtp for you to choose. Once setup was done, an email will be sent to you to verify and confirm access.

Motion Detection.
When using the PC app to record, it behaves like a CCTV, recording 24 hour feeds. To enable video record upon motion detection, you will need an mSD card.
You will get snapshots emailed to you but recorded videos will remain on the SD card.

If your mobile app does not notify upon motion detected, reinstall the application. I faced this problem when Dean was testing the feature. Reinstallation solved it.
killerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #4358

Sineoji video file

Hi,

1. Anyone know how to download or copy the recorded video files remotely? Find taking the SD card out to do a backup of the recording is cumbersome.

2. Anyone try to do recording on Synology NAS? Thought of buying a Synology NAS for video recording as it support ONVIF IP cam and default comes with 2 Free License.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #4359
Master Member

From the earlier threads by one of the bros, it seems if there's wifi, no need to do port forwarding. In addition, I want to use the Asus DDNS from the router within. Is it there is no need to do the port forwarding?

Next, my Lan ip is 192.168.1.1, should I set it to 192.168.1.100 in the camera ip address?
Portforwarding is to ensure that any traffic coming from the WAN (i.e. Internet) side is redirected by the router to a specific device within your LAN (i.e. the IP camera). Whether you are on WiFi or cabled LAN, you still need to configure the router to do portforwarding.

One of the first few posts on this thread shows how to portforwarding. I used the DIR-655 router as an example, but the method of doing it is the same for the Asus RT-AC88. Even the name (virtual server) is the same.

First you need a DDNS service. This service 'translates' a URL into an IP address. The router uses the IP address given out by the ISP provider and pass it to the DDNS service. You may need to create the URL in the DDNS service. I used no-ip.org.

Next, configure the virtual server such that any reference to the port on the WAN side will be directed to the LAN IP. I typically used fixed IP address for each camera. There is a trick to assign LAN IP based on the MAC address of the IP Camera.

If configured successfully, any access via the WAN side (i.e. you use the office PC) will be directed to the IP camera based on the portforwarding rule. Login to the camera will be the camera login, not the router login.
Old 21-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #4360

Hi,

1. Anyone know how to download or copy the recorded video files remotely? Find taking the SD card out to do a backup of the recording is cumbersome.

2. Anyone try to do recording on Synology NAS? Thought of buying a Synology NAS for video recording as it support ONVIF IP cam and default comes with 2 Free License.

Thanks in advance.
Find the ip address of the sineoji cam that has been assigned by your router.

Example 192.168.x.x

Go to your web browser and enter this
192.168.x.x:8081/Sd

You can access the root directory of your sdcard and download it.
Old 21-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #4361

Find the ip address of the sineoji cam that has been assigned by your router.

Example 192.168.x.x

Go to your web browser and enter this
192.168.x.x:8081/Sd

You can access the root directory of your sdcard and download it.
Thanks monfrisco
Old 22-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #4362

Just for comparison:

Sineoji PT713

PT713 (IR)

PT713 Natural lighting
Perfect view. Have just ordered the PT713V from sineoji online promo . At least a $60 off from the normal price.
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #4363
Arch-Supremacy Member

does sineoji support this : /video/mjpg.cgi ?
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #4364

For Sineoji free installation and mounting, do i have to buy two camera? If i buy a more pricey camera, will it qualify too?
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #4365

For Sineoji free installation and mounting, do i have to buy two camera? If i buy a more pricey camera, will it qualify too?
2 cameras for the free mounting and installation is only for PT498V.

Other models for 1 unit comes with the free installation and mounting
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.