HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree470Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #4396

Hi,

Not sure if im posting in the right place. I recently purchased an IP Camera and seller says it runs on cloud storage and charged me $55 for the storage. However, I found a 32GB SD card on the back of my camera. When I removed it, the camera was unable to do any recording functions or allow me to view previous footages. How can I verify?

TIA.
What brand is it?
$55 for how much storage?
$55 per yr or month?
Old 13-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #4397
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

Not sure if im posting in the right place. I recently purchased an IP Camera and seller says it runs on cloud storage and charged me $55 for the storage. However, I found a 32GB SD card on the back of my camera. When I removed it, the camera was unable to do any recording functions or allow me to view previous footages. How can I verify?

TIA.
LOL..

firstly, what brand?

cloud for $55 what a rip off.

if you remove the SDCard, ofucz cannot see la. ( assuming cloud is not working correctly)

where u expect the footage to be stored art?
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #4398

What brand is it?
$55 for how much storage?
$55 per yr or month?
He mentioned its $55 for per camera and its a one time payment. Can it be?
cherryade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #4399

I dont know what brand it is.. It's not stated on the camera. But I use the app V380 to access the camera.

It should be this > V380-WIFI-IP-Camera-V380-Q5

If it's cloud storage it shouldnt be stored on the SD card right? I feel that he just charged me $55 for a 32GB SD card.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:40 AM   #4400
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dont know what brand it is.. It's not stated on the camera. But I use the app V380 to access the camera.

It should be this > V380-WIFI-IP-Camera-V380-Q5

If it's cloud storage it shouldnt be stored on the SD card right? I feel that he just charged me $55 for a 32GB SD card.
based on my research there is no cloud server or cloud function on this camera, you might have been scammed bro. ( Don't take my word for it just yet, until i can actually verify the exact model )

which also explains why the video does not work after you removed the sd card.

can you please take a picture of the product and maybe the box, so i can help to see if i am able to find anything?
Old 14-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #4401

based on my research there is no cloud server or cloud function on this camera, you might have been scammed bro. ( Don't take my word for it just yet, until i can actually verify the exact model )

which also explains why the video does not work after you removed the sd card.

can you please take a picture of the product and maybe the box, so i can help to see if i am able to find anything?
Apologies, due to post count Im unable to upload links or images..

But I found a sticker on the back of my camera with the model number - V380-Q5, resolution 720P. The seller did not provide me with any box when he came to install and mount for me.

Yup I'm also suspecting that it runs on the SD card instead of cloud.

His reply was: The micro sd card is being converted to be a micro chip for the camera technical support and use it as a backup. As this is a security camera, we need to have this security measure to ensure backup when there is a failure to the internet. I believe you have pulled out the microsd card to realize that the storage place immediately disappear, that is why the microsd card is being allocated to the camera. Once you pull out, the access is gone. Naturally the storage will not be shown.

He also told me that cloud storage function is the "download" function whereby Im allowed to download the footages from my mobile phone and challenged me to go to Sim Lim to request their sellers to show me that microsd card cameras are unable to download the footages directly to mobile phones.

Kind of doubt much of what he told me.

And now to think of it, he told me that this camera is 960P! When the sticker says otherwise ._.!
Old 14-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #4402
High Supremacy Member

Google and found this.. Is it this?
http://www.weiskytech.com/product/V3...a-V380-Q5.html
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #4403
Arch-Supremacy Member

But I found a sticker on the back of my camera with the model number - V380-Q5, resolution 720P. The seller did not provide me with any box when he came to install and mount for me.

His reply was: The micro sd card is being converted to be a micro chip for the camera technical support and use it as a backup. As this is a security camera, we need to have this security measure to ensure backup when there is a failure to the internet. I believe you have pulled out the microsd card to realize that the storage place immediately disappear, that is why the microsd card is being allocated to the camera. Once you pull out, the access is gone. Naturally the storage will not be shown.

He also told me that cloud storage function is the "download" function whereby Im allowed to download the footages from my mobile phone and challenged me to go to Sim Lim to request their sellers to show me that microsd card cameras are unable to download the footages directly to mobile phones.

And now to think of it, he told me that this camera is 960P! When the sticker says otherwise ._.!

Hahahaha, downloading of the footage is not cloud, almost every IPcams allows you to download the footage via App. ( LOL)

there is no cloud function, all your footage are stored in the MicroSD Card. period.

You have been lied to
harky likes this.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #4404
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.weiskytech.com/product/V3...a-V380-Q5.html
seems like it. its clearly says WIFI IP Cam, i think we all know the answer
Old 14-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #4405

Yap this was the link I was trying to paste.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #4406

Hahahaha, downloading of the footage is not cloud, almost every IPcams allows you to download the footage via App. ( LOL)

there is no cloud function, all your footage are stored in the MicroSD Card. period.

You have been lied to
Oh dear. Okay thanks all for clarifying! Now I know.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #4407
High Supremacy Member

ehhhh
cloud storage cfm is not your mobile or sdcard.
cloud storage is a online storage managed by a hosting company.

the video cfm is store in microsd card.
i think this seller use the wording wrongly.

* remember to change password of ur ip cam

localITguy likes this.

Last edited by harky; 14-12-2016 at 01:03 PM..
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #4408

Thanks Dean for the help. Works fine after having it mount upside down.
You mount upside down on the ceiling or wall ? using the bracket provided I presumed ?

Grab the sineoji 713V online, video footage is really sharp, never need to pan it, it covers my entire hall including the dining area.
earthlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #4409

ehhhh
cloud storage cfm is not your mobile or sdcard.
cloud storage is a online storage managed by a hosting company.

the video cfm is store in microsd card.
i think this seller use the wording wrongly.

* remember to change password of ur ip cam
Guess I've been lied to. I told him I wanted to try inserting my own SD card to see if the storage space is in the SD card and he threatened me that removing the SD card and replacing it with my own will void the warranty of the IP Cam. Yea now I know, so much for trusting blindly, thanks guys

Yap initially he told me no need to set a password but I felt insecure and set it as soon as he left.

I've also clarified with weiskytech and V380 have no cloud storage options at the moment. Hopes the rest with the intention of getting this cam beware of sellers claiming that the cam has cloud storage functions and forces you to purchase the storage from him!
Old 14-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #4410
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guess I've been lied to. I told him I wanted to try inserting my own SD card to see if the storage space is in the SD card and he threatened me that removing the SD card and replacing it with my own will void the warranty of the IP Cam. Yea now I know, so much for trusting blindly, thanks guys

Yap initially he told me no need to set a password but I felt insecure and set it as soon as he left.

I've also clarified with weiskytech and V380 have no cloud storage options at the moment. Hopes the rest with the intention of getting this cam beware of sellers claiming that the cam has cloud storage functions and forces you to purchase the storage from him!
who is the seller?
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.