HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #4411
High Supremacy Member

How much you pay him in total?
Most of the IP Cam can set up by your own.
better change all your password where you had tell him or it is default.

I remember there is a site where it expose all IP Cam who did not change password of all over the world lol. Forget which site liao.

There is no sticker pasted on your SD card Or between Cam, even you remove they also don't know.

Guess I've been lied to. I told him I wanted to try inserting my own SD card to see if the storage space is in the SD card and he threatened me that removing the SD card and replacing it with my own will void the warranty of the IP Cam. Yea now I know, so much for trusting blindly, thanks guys

Yap initially he told me no need to set a password but I felt insecure and set it as soon as he left.

I've also clarified with weiskytech and V380 have no cloud storage options at the moment. Hopes the rest with the intention of getting this cam beware of sellers claiming that the cam has cloud storage functions and forces you to purchase the storage from him!

Last edited by harky; 14-12-2016 at 04:59 PM..
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #4412

who is the seller?
Dylan, which im not even sure if thats his real name. Mobile no 82772920.
cherryade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #4413

How much you pay him in total?
Most of the IP Cam can set up by your own.
better change all your password where you had tell him or it is default.

I remember there is a site where it expose all IP Cam who did not change password of all over the world lol. Forget which site liao.

There is no sticker pasted on your SD card Or between Cam, even you remove they also don't know.
I bought 2 cams and 2 "storage". Cam is $190 each, the storage is $55 each. Price paid includes installation and mounting.

Yap. Ended up i reset my passwords to my wifi as well as the camera. Lucky if not free footage of my home ._.!

What he told me was that if i removed the SD card, if there was a upgrade to the camera i would not be upgraded. Anyways I cant count on his words. If i need a bigger SD card Ill just purchase as well.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #4414
Arch-Supremacy Member

where did you find him?

you have been ripped off..
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #4415

where did you find him?

you have been ripped off..
I definitely have been

Found him on facebook. One of my friend had it installed with him and encountered no such issue. He told me that mine would be different from my friend's one (upgraded to cloud storage and improved resolution, 960P instead of 720P).
Old 14-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #4416
Arch-Supremacy Member

I definitely have been

Found him on facebook. One of my friend had it installed with him and encountered no such issue. He told me that mine would be different from my friend's one (upgraded to cloud storage and improved resolution, 960P instead of 720P).
960P my ass, LOL

the model number clearly states its not.
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #4417

960P my ass, LOL

the model number clearly states its not.
exactly! blindly trusting lo. He seems like a nice guy, seems like. XD

Shouldve seen at least the sticker behind the cam and questioned on the spot -_-

Lesson learnt.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #4418
High Supremacy Member

Wow, really got chop carrot liao. Even my less than $100 Cam also better than your. The only thing is no mounting. All is DIY. Even mounting you also can DIY le.

I bought 2 cams and 2 "storage". Cam is $190 each, the storage is $55 each. Price paid includes installation and mounting.

Yap. Ended up i reset my passwords to my wifi as well as the camera. Lucky if not free footage of my home ._.!

What he told me was that if i removed the SD card, if there was a upgrade to the camera i would not be upgraded. Anyways I cant count on his words. If i need a bigger SD card Ill just purchase as well.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #4419

Apologies, due to post count Im unable to upload links or images..

But I found a sticker on the back of my camera with the model number - V380-Q5, resolution 720P. The seller did not provide me with any box when he came to install and mount for me.

Yup I'm also suspecting that it runs on the SD card instead of cloud.

His reply was: The micro sd card is being converted to be a micro chip for the camera technical support and use it as a backup. As this is a security camera, we need to have this security measure to ensure backup when there is a failure to the internet. I believe you have pulled out the microsd card to realize that the storage place immediately disappear, that is why the microsd card is being allocated to the camera. Once you pull out, the access is gone. Naturally the storage will not be shown.

He also told me that cloud storage function is the "download" function whereby Im allowed to download the footages from my mobile phone and challenged me to go to Sim Lim to request their sellers to show me that microsd card cameras are unable to download the footages directly to mobile phones.

Kind of doubt much of what he told me.

And now to think of it, he told me that this camera is 960P! When the sticker says otherwise ._.!
So far only Netgear Alro is using cloud to store recording and all their cam no sd slot.
Old 15-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #4420
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

no shop?...
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #4421
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

I definitely have been

share his fb page here.
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #4422

Am keen to get Sineoji PT713V. Saw that its available at $199 from their website.

Anyone knows where I can get a set tomorrow? Thanks!
ah_cheng1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #4423

Am keen to get Sineoji PT713V. Saw that its available at $199 from their website.

Anyone knows where I can get a set tomorrow? Thanks!
Can try going to their and buy, may be the same price.
Old 16-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #4424

their ... ?
ah_cheng1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #4425

Wow, really got chop carrot liao. Even my less than $100 Cam also better than your. The only thing is no mounting. All is DIY. Even mounting you also can DIY le.
Yah I feel like the carrot haha. He helps extend the wire too but tts about it. Still a cheat.

no shop?...
He claims he has a shop at Yishun or sth. But his "company" is not even registered to ACRA.

share his fb page here.
I dont have it. Just saw it on my friend's post and got his contact. Just beware of that brand/mobile bah. I actually have his pic through my IP cam recording but I cant post image...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.