HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #4531

1-1.3mp will do, lan cable
I guess you could start with Sineoji. So many happy bunny customers here....

The Dlink range with LAN cables are mainly at 640p for LAN connections. Which by todays standards, is pretty sub standard, esp if you have gigabit speeds.
Also their 720P ranges start above SGD 100, which is quite pricey, IMHO.

FYI, I checked out this brand called Dahua today in SimLim, apparently new in Singapore but making good progress in the UK. 3MP, POE, dome type, outdoor enclosure for SGD 150+.

My only concern with some brands is Firmware support, of which I am of the opinion that the "bigger" brands, seem to have a better grip of. Your milage may vary.

I came it to add, there is a chap on Carousell, who is selling HikVision, 1.3MP dome, LAN connection cameras 2nd hand. Am not related to the seller. And you buy at your own risk. But if you know how to deal with the connections, it should be a piece of cake at quite a good price.

Last edited by Phumba; 06-03-2017 at 04:56 PM..
Phumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #4532

I tried downloading on my iPhone but unable to open the zip file

Hi. I don't use FOSCAM, so I could be wrong.

But I do not think you can upload firmware to the camera from a phone. I could be wrong I stress again.

I would think the only way is via a PC, either LAN cable or wifi.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #4533
Master Member

for those using sinoeji 528, what's these buttons for?

tap on them, but nothing happened.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #4534

for those using sinoeji 528, what's these buttons for?

tap on them, but nothing happened.
I have asked before, these buttons are for the outdoor cameras.
sgnimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #4535
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Dlink range with LAN cables are mainly at 640p for LAN connections. Which by todays standards, is pretty sub standard, esp if you have gigabit speeds.

FYI, I checked out this brand called Dahua today in SimLim, apparently new in Singapore but making good progress in the UK. 3MP, POE, dome type, outdoor enclosure for SGD 150+.

My only concern with some brands is Firmware support, of which I am of the opinion that the "bigger" brands, seem to have a better grip of. Your milage may vary.

I came it to add, there is a chap on Carousell, who is selling HikVision, 1.3MP dome, LAN connection cameras 2nd hand. Am not related to the seller. And you buy at your own risk. But if you know how to deal with the connections, it should be a piece of cake at quite a good price.
dahua is a known brand within china just like hikvision
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #4536
Master Member

I have asked before, these buttons are for the outdoor cameras.
oops sorry, must have missed that out while reading thru this thread.

while the video streaming quality is much better than an unknown chinese brand that my parents got, i can't deny that i am a little disappointed with the sineoji interface.

to pan and tilt, i am forced to use the arrows indicated on the screen. on the chinese-made camera, i can simply swipe on the screen.

zooming in/out is also a slow process (i assume it is the "+" and "-" symbols on the top left corner). the chinese-made cam interface just need to pinch.

still exploring the interface, but initial impression is -__-
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #4537

dahua is a known brand within china just like hikvision
Agreed. Apparently their Skylight/Twilight series is quite kick ass on another international forum. Apparently.....
Old 08-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #4538
Supremacy Member

thanks for the input. I think i may go with sineoji or dahua, looking for microsd card recording vs a hdisk recording and also lower cost cam

Last edited by Phases; 08-03-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Phases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #4539
High Supremacy Member

I bought this So far so good

ok, i not going to waste time.

This is HW0021 1080p version which i bought in Taobao which cost RMB270 (not included international shipping) ship vs 4px

If u want, u can get from this seller
https://wanscam1.taobao.com/shop/vie...r_id=451878979
I understand this seller review not much but mainly their business is at aliexpress

Ask for HW0021 1080p, dont bid the one which put on sale as this 1080p only sell when you ask for it. And remember to ask for 3pin plug (英规电源). As for DDNS label (DDNS标签) you need to request from them if nt they wont give as now most ppl use mobile app.

all these are take under normal circumstances which basic use at all house on normal usage.

Refer this to another model which i buy Wanscam IP camera HW0046 (960P)
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...-post4117.html

For SAFETY MARK Registered adapter:
U can get from here, it work fine as i am using this.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/VSTARCAM-S...WITH/423471132
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SAFEVUE-SA...6836/440700700
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #4540

For those who use Sineoji, , what are the settings I should use for motion email alarm ?
sgnimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:24 PM   #4541
Arch-Supremacy Member

Late last year, went to meet a client at an international school and saw several Sineoji IP cams deployed at the school premises.

is there any recommended micro sd card for sineoji cam? in term of speed type or any class 10 type is good enough?

thanks!
evets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #4542

thanks for the input. I think i may go with sineoji or dahua, looking for microsd card recording vs a hdisk recording and also lower cost cam
FYI, I dont think Dahua 's have SIM card recording. I could be wrong.

The earlier post about Wascam could also be of interest for you I guess.

I would like to gently add, that since you ALREADY have LAN cable connections, you should could consider network recording over SIM card recording. Or at least weight out the pros and cons and if which would fit your needs over the long run.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #4543

is there any recommended micro sd card for sineoji cam? in term of speed type or any class 10 type is good enough?

thanks!
Class 10 is good enough. I am using samsung Evo microSD
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:09 PM   #4544

Had my Sineoji 528 camera installed c/o Dean. He went to my place even at late night. Little hiccup during initial setup due to my router, but it's all working now.
paolodegu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #4545

For those who use Sineoji, , what are the settings I should use for motion email alarm ?
In the sineoji app, enter this parameters as shown below under the email settings if you are using gmail. Receiver 2 can be an alternate email address.

Enjoy !

goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.