HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #4636

Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding.
The advise is to get it to work local first.... the venture to port fwd for external acess.

I think we discussed this a few pages before this but i xant remember for which brand.

1. Whats ur local internal IPaddress?
2. Did u change the port no? (HTTP)

EDIT: http://www.sineoji.com/downloads/sin...usermanual.pdf says the default for the PT-308 is Http://192.168.1.99:99

If you know the answer to the above two questions; I wld use "Generic" with 554 as RTSP port and get wifi / internal acess done first.

Last edited by Phumba; 11-05-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Phumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #4637

Go to your webui - Setting - Image - Ircut setting. Set it to 950, the IR will not set in too early. Hope it helps.
My sineoji cameras work best with IRcut at 900. Guess that you have to try one that works best in your environment.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #4638

Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding. Only sineoji viewer andriod and ios p2p works. Pls help.
Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

Here are some screenshots of the Sineoji cams in Tinycam app during the night (lights on)

Night vision lights completely off in Tinycam app

formic likes this.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #4639

Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

Here are some screenshots of the Sineoji cams in Tinycam app during the night (lights on)

Night vision lights completely off in Tinycam app

Thank you for the information and help, goodwill.
What sort of connection ur cam on? Wifi or lan?
My local lan connection, i manage to get 10fps with ir led off. With ir led ON, i get max 20 fps. I guess the color rendering hog the processing. Decoding h.264 hw/sw no diff in tiny ipcam apps. What sort of fps ur getting?
formic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #4640

The advise is to get it to work local first.... the venture to port fwd for external acess.

I think we discussed this a few pages before this but i xant remember for which brand.

1. Whats ur local internal IPaddress?
2. Did u change the port no? (HTTP)

EDIT: http://www.sineoji.com/downloads/sin...usermanual.pdf says the default for the PT-308 is Http://192.168.1.99:99

If you know the answer to the above two questions; I wld use "Generic" with 554 as RTSP port and get wifi / internal acess done first.
Thank you for the advise.
I am able to connect via onvif n wanscam profile on local ip but no success if forward port 554,8080:8081.

8080 is default onvif n 8081 is default video port. Maybe port 8080 crash with my remote asus router main page. More test needes.

Appreciate ur help.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:35 AM   #4641

I am able to connect via onvif n wanscam profile on local ip.....
Progress none the least.

STEP 1
If u confirm u can access tinycam locally via wifi, then u know ur internal ip address and port.

STEP 2
Then u need to configure your router... to open the external port....
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/114093/

So the idea is...
A. When ur at home on wifi, you open a web browser.... and type http://192.168.0.xxx:yyyy
This will allow u to get the ipcam webpage config page.

B. When you are OUTSIDE on mobile data, you will type:
http://external_ip_add:external_port_no

https://whatismyipaddress.com will give u your external IPadd. The external port no is done by you on your router.

If u can do this successfully... ur TinyCam will be a matter of transffering these numbers into the app in the correct places. U shld be able to do it. Also note what goodwin posted for his Sineoji settings.... its already many steps in the correct direction.

Appreciate ur help.
You are most welcome.

Last edited by Phumba; 12-05-2017 at 01:43 AM..
Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #4642
Master Member

You can look at the first few posts of this thread, which shows you how to set up port forwarding on your router, and using a dynamic DNS service. That way, you don't need to reconfigure your mobile app to use the dynamic IP address given by our ISP.

I have been using this method for the last 10 years, and I have over 20 cameras at home (mostly different brands).
formic likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #4643

You can look at the first few posts of this thread, which shows you how to set up port forwarding on your router, and using a dynamic DNS service. That way, you don't need to reconfigure your mobile app to use the dynamic IP address given by our ISP.

I have been using this method for the last 10 years, and I have over 20 cameras at home (mostly different brands).
Thank you Dr_Archer,
I have static IP and with Asuscomm DDNS.
my remote router web admin at port 8080 and Asus USB application for Medial server+FTP port 8081 crashes with the PT528V onvif and video port.
Will try further and get back with the finding.
Old 13-05-2017, 10:37 AM   #4644

Contact sineoji and look for Dean. He will be able to help you, the last time, he came over to my place and configure it for me with Tinycam app.

I can used either the sineoji app or tiny cam app.
skintigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #4645

I use a 2nd hand synology NAS to record and FTP all 6 cam.

No point using NVR, becoz e NAS provides NVR functions.

If u get a DLink NAS, the 320L can be purchased at 90 SGD or 2nd hand @ 30 SGD. Most important -- the HDD should be a brand new one and 3.5".

Must be quite fun havving so many cams...

You using a Dlink NAS or NVR? Or both?
Yuppie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #4646

I'm able to get my 528 to work on tinycam on android. No problem.
Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding. Only sineoji viewer andriod and ios p2p works. Pls help.
josephlpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #4647

was finally able to get it work.

Using foscam or wanscam setup for tinycan apps, it works flawlessly.

Using local port is straight forward as like goodwin's post, but for ONVIF, when forward port 8080 to other other port like 58080 it cannot work.

Guess I will just use wanscam setup instead of Onvif.

Thank you all for the help.
Old 15-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #4648

was finally able to get it work.

Guess I will just use wanscam setup instead of Onvif.

Thank you all for the help.
Congats
formic likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #4649

I use a 2nd hand synology NAS to record and FTP all 6 cam.
Probably a stupid question, but you paid for the additional licences? They only have 2 as standard for Synology/QNAP right?

No point using NVR, becoz e NAS provides NVR functions.

If u get a DLink NAS, the 320L can be purchased at 90 SGD or 2nd hand @ 30 SGD.
I started with a NVR but it was laggy and while OK, not great. It died prematurely and I went to a PC instead.
Old 15-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #4650

Your reputation as thread originator/starter precedes you...... since year 2010......

Can you share your set up details?
Wired or wireless?
What NVR? Which brands?
Problems? General advise?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.