HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 AM   #5056
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pt716v mounting kit is different from pt528v which is more versatile. It seems that pt716v mounting kit is for ceiling mount only ?
I'm not sure, I never used the mounts provided before. It's always left untouched in the boxes.
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #5057

Hi guys, currently using Sineoji PT528V IP Camera, attached to a high ceiling. Recently the SSID of the wifi changed.

Any idea how to update the new SSID with the IP Camera without taking it down and reconfiguring / connecting ethernet cable?

Edit: Trying to reconfigure the IP Camera doesn't really work. Created a guest network with the identical SSID as the old network and I managed to access the IP Camera. Keyed in the new SSID and saved. Was not able to access the IP Camera again after that no matter what I did.

Had to hard reset and reconfigure.
You can follow this video to setup your Sineoji cams. Very intuitive

goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #5058

Hi all, I have been looking around and reading, trying figure out what camera best suit my needs. I need it mainly for general security purposes and monitoring my kids when I'm at work.

My requirements are as follows:
Easy to set up and install
Wide angle with clear images
Live viewing with Audio (to be viewed on phone)
Motion sensor/Able to set timers to record
Cloud storage preferred (free/non-subscription based), SD card optional
Reasonable price as I may set up 2-3 cameras.

Would really appreciate some assistance or recommendation as I'm quite a tech idiot.
finalkian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #5059

The PT716V also seems to have a wider FOV than the 528V even though specs put the same 120 degree. It's using a micro usb port for power so you can easily power it up with your powerbank or USB charger as long as it can supply 1.5A. I'm using my one of the ports in my Aukey 5 port 60w charger to power the camera. There's also lesser connections behind, you will lose the audio out and mic in port from the PT528V as well as the alarm ports.
Yes agree. The sineoji PT716V angle is much wider.

Taken from Sineoji YouTube channel

Last edited by vvaness40; 13-07-2018 at 11:47 AM..
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 06:04 PM   #5060

I ordered a Sineoji 714v online last week. Need an additional cam for my corridor walkway as there were some blind areas due to the walls in between. Dean mounted the cam on to the ceiling of the corridor, unlike the older models where it goes too the walls.

It looks good though on the ceiling. Great work but more work is involved, looking at Dean doing it.

Camera is fast as usual in connecting and streaming , similar to my Sineoji 498V and 528v. Kudos to Dean, great work and sorry about my dog kept barking
sgnimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #5061

sineoji 716 is really cool..

I will be upgrading to a wifi mesh soon, setting up the sineoji cams will be the standard procedure I guess ?
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 12:16 AM   #5062

Thumbs up Sineoji

I had a very fruitful experience with Sineoji tech support! I was advised by myrepublic that i had to do port forwarding to connect my ip cam. alas that was not the problem at all when i was unable to connect to the ipcam via the mobile app. I whatsapped late night but amazingly still got a reply with clear and precise instructions. I have been trying to connect for a few hours but didnt want to reach out to tech support as it was late and didnt expect an answer. Very rare to meet such proactive tech support executives. We will be equipping the rest of our home with Sineoji now.
hudarahmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #5063

Hi, asking on behalf for relatives

If I purchase sineoji cam directly from their web store. Does it comes with installation? If not, What are the charges ?

Thanks !
Hot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #5064
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, asking on behalf for relatives

If I purchase sineoji cam directly from their web store. Does it comes with installation? If not, What are the charges ?

Thanks !
Hi you may contact Sineoji direct (Dean) at +65 8363 5195. You can call, sms or Whatsapp
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #5065

Hi you may contact Sineoji direct (Dean) at +65 8363 5195. You can call, sms or Whatsapp
Thanks! Will wats app dean tomorrow
Hot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #5066

Sineoji Camera is really good but its very low fps when viewing in Full HD sadly, is there any good 30fps IP cam recommendation?
You can set the fps to max 30 via WebUI but it will take up a lot of memory from your microsd card.
barrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #5067
Master Member

sineoji no cloud option?
consigliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #5068

sineoji 716 is really cool..

I will be upgrading to a wifi mesh soon, setting up the sineoji cams will be the standard procedure I guess ?
You have to hard reset the cams first. Then you have to isolate the mesh. The rest are plain standard protocol , using the sineoji app to setup.
Don't forget to connect to the 2.4 band to setup.
earthlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #5069

I had a very fruitful experience with Sineoji tech support! I was advised by myrepublic that i had to do port forwarding to connect my ip cam. alas that was not the problem at all when i was unable to connect to the ipcam via the mobile app. I whatsapped late night but amazingly still got a reply with clear and precise instructions. I have been trying to connect for a few hours but didnt want to reach out to tech support as it was late and didnt expect an answer. Very rare to meet such proactive tech support executives. We will be equipping the rest of our home with Sineoji now.
Mine has already been installed with Sineoji and so is my relatives too
earthlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:30 AM   #5070

Is the sineoji mounting done by adhesive or drilling ?
Jardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.