HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #5131

Can Sineoji set a timer, turn on and record for a specific time frame? e.g.: 9am-6pm only.
KayElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #5132

Just bought the Sineoji PT716V cam.

Realized the motion sensor recording ... too sensitive.. set to "1" sensitivity will also record when screen nothing moving... anyone knows how to set so that it will record only when real reasonable object/human moving??

Also how to setup ONVIF/port forwarding to view on 4G? I have tinycam pro installed on my android phone!
didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 AM   #5133

On the Sineoji cameras, what’s the difference between administrator, operator and observer? I can log on to any of these and still see the passwords for all the user types.

Also, is there a way to download a recording file from the sd card without having to remove the card?

Using IOS app.
mmchaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #5134

Can Sineoji set a timer, turn on and record for a specific time frame? e.g.: 9am-6pm only.
Yes you can , go to your Sineoji app, select the blue i symbol (settings). Go to sdcard.
On the recording time schedule, on it and you can see the days and the time to turn on the recording. Save it after you set them.
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #5135

On the Sineoji cameras, what’s the difference between administrator, operator and observer? I can log on to any of these and still see the passwords for all the user types.

Also, is there a way to download a recording file from the sd card without having to remove the card?

Using IOS app.
Administrator - you have full rights to change the camera settings,view live and pan the camera.
Operator - you can view live and pan the camera but no access to the camera settings.
Observer - you can view live but you can't pan and no access to the camera settings

To download the recording file, check the IP address of the camera. Then within the same network, go to your web browser and enter the IP address of the camera http://192.168.a.b:8081/sd

You can download the clips from the recording folder.
Old 17-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #5136

Administrator - you have full rights to change the camera settings,view live and pan the camera.
Operator - you can view live and pan the camera but no access to the camera settings.
Observer - you can view live but you can't pan and no access to the camera settings

Thanks but something must be seriously wrong then, as I can logon as an operator or observer, list devices and enter device information where I can see and change all the passwords including
Administrator. I've tried this on a new ipad, and from a different network too.

To download the recording file, check the IP address of the camera. Then within the same network, go to your web browser and enter the IP address of the camera http://192.168.a.b:8081/sd

You can download the clips from the recording folder.
Thanks, works but hard to find and undocumented?
mmchaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #5137

[QUOTE=mmchaisi;117651520]Thanks but something must be seriously wrong then, as I can logon as an operator or observer, list devices and enter device information where I can see and change all the passwords including
Administrator. I've tried this on a new ipad, and from a different network too.

This is a software bug for iPhone iOS for operator and observer user which we have fixed it. You may update the app to version 8.5 next week when it goes live on the app store for download.

Android does not have this bug.

As of now, you may change the guest and observer password via the web UI interface on the web browser by logging into the ipcam IP address followed by the port 8081. Then go to the settings, user settings and change the operator and observer access from there.
monfrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #5138

Actually, as a freelance installer myself. Here's my sharing to everyone who is keen to install CCTV or IP Cameras. PS. I do not sell any IP Cameras, I do installation only.

Industrial practice, we always make sure our clients change their camera's password and writes down somewhere so that they will not forget.

Even if we need to setup the camera using our phone, we will in the presence of the owner delete off the camera from the app before we leave.

Everyone should take note that manufacturer uses the same password by default for all their cameras. YOU SHOULD INSIST TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

Next, as consumers, be fair to us installers, your router if faulty is of no fault of ours. If you need us to come back and re-configure, we have the right to charge.

Also, some cameras have poor compatibility with routers cos of their wifi module. One example I came across is vstarcam, one of their camera series' wireless module does not work well with starhub's issued D-link router.

While wanscam's camera can work without an issue with these routers. There is a good set of cameras from ezviz but only available via amazon, it is the same as Netgear's ARLO series, but with better battery life of 10 hours as claimed on paper specs. I have only hands on 1 unit so far, by a family staying in landed property. Camera is only 720P but resolution is good and stable connectivity and streaming. Hope Amazon launch here soon.

PM me if you need help with mounting and installing for all brands of IP Cameras.
Hi, can PM me your contact? Looking for someone to help in the installation.
survey4cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #5139
Arch-Supremacy Member

any wireless ip camera from sineoji?if need to connect power cord its also fine
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #5140

I heard so many good reviews about Sineoji ipcam.. however after using the Sineoji PT716V.. i find there is one major letdown:

Not so good motion-activated recording:
a) unable to set higer fps/bitrate - it records using cam default firmware setting which i believe is 6fps.
b) too sensitive even at setting "1" - it records when nothing/nobody is moving at all.
c) not very well recorded - only able to capture when object is 80-90% move off..

good thing is picture is clear and turning the cam is fast and smooth... video recording is able to set at higher fps/bitrate (however its different from motion-activated recording not sure why so strange) - also settings will revert back to default settings once you click "view HD" on the Sineoji Plus phone apps.. its a bug...

i believe some users do want to have the feature of motion-activated recording instead of looking through the full recorded video which can take forever scanning through.

hope the new firmware is able to solve above such issue if not may switch back to vstarcam.. at least the motion-activated recording is damn solid and smooth.
didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #5141

I heard so many good reviews about Sineoji ipcam.. however after using the Sineoji PT716V.. i find there is one major letdown:

Not so good motion-activated recording:
a) unable to set higer fps/bitrate - it records using cam default firmware setting which i believe is 6fps.
b) too sensitive even at setting "1" - it records when nothing/nobody is moving at all.
c) not very well recorded - only able to capture when object is 80-90% move off..

good thing is picture is clear and turning the cam is fast and smooth... video recording is able to set at higher fps/bitrate (however its different from motion-activated recording not sure why so strange) - also settings will revert back to default settings once you click "view HD" on the Sineoji Plus phone apps.. its a bug...

i believe some users do want to have the feature of motion-activated recording instead of looking through the full recorded video which can take forever scanning through.

hope the new firmware is able to solve above such issue if not may switch back to vstarcam.. at least the motion-activated recording is damn solid and smooth.
I am a user of the same camera you have, sineoji PT716V, I do have PT713V and PT528V as well. Your information was incorrect, probably you are not familiar with the parameters and settings. You have to play it more often before you get it correct. Let me correct you and guide you through.

Motion recording can be recorded in FULL HD but you need to set it to 1st stream and turn off the 24 hours recording option. Besides, the 6fps is baseless as you claimed as that is the frame rate based on live streaming subject to the bandwidth of the network such as your mobile data network. Not the recording. Check out my motion detection recording with the same camera as yours sineoji PT716V, which I requested my brother to tigger the motion alarm in singapore with a recorded clip recorded and screenshot it with the media information. 25 frames per second.

Secondly, the reason why it was recording despite there is no motion is because you set to 1.
1 is the most sensitive and 10 is the least sensitive. You have to determine the best value subject to your environment surroundings. Obviously, being the most sensitive at 1 will trigger the recording despite no motion.

Besides, it is kind of contradicting that you mention it is recorded despite there is no motion and yet you claimed that only able to capture when object is 80-90% move off..which doesn't happen to me with the same cam I am using.

You claimed that settings will revert back to default settings once you click "view HD" on the Sineoji Plus phone apps.. its a bug... It is not a bug, you have need to define in the settings of the camera "the dpi" to 1st stream from 2nd stream. After you done that, go to your sineoji app, select HD mode. This will stay in HD mode even when you exit the app and log in again in the next attempt. But I turn off this feature instead, only when I need to view on HD, then I will tap HD in the app as I want to avoid enormous data usage on my data plan in case I blew it. But of course if you have unlimited data plan, by all means you can turn on that HD permanently.

I am currently in California and I verified what you claimed was incorrect by remote accessing my sineoji cam in Singapore, perhaps you are not familiar with the settings. As soon as you get your hands on it, this will work.

My favourite app for sineoji cameras is the tinycam Pro. That app is really top notched for professionals.

Cheers !

Last edited by Dave27; 30-11-2018 at 11:25 PM..
Old 01-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #5142

Dave27, a good tutorial, helps those who are relatively new, especially the configuration section. Although mine is a Sineoji 714, my alarm motion recorded are in HD H.264. Anyway thumbs up to that tutorial of yours.

The tinycam is awesome, thanks to Dean ! He helped me to set it up during the mounting and installation when I ordered it.
earthlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #5143

Saw Sineoji Pt713v going for $159 valueclub member at Challenger today. Good buy indeed but I already had 2 sets which I bought at $165 with the free mounting and installation promo 2 months ago.
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #5144

Those days Sineoji cams promotion with the free mounting services, including drilling and trunking with wires was really a steal. Too bad, the promotion has ended since.

Double sided tape will give way if you mount on the ceiling especially false ceiling. The best is mount with the screws and bracket provided in the box.
sgnimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #5145
Master Member

Those days Sineoji cams promotion with the free mounting services, including drilling and trunking with wires was really a steal. Too bad, the promotion has ended since.

Double sided tape will give way if you mount on the ceiling especially false ceiling. The best is mount with the screws and bracket provided in the box.

The promotion is back...valid from 4th Dec 2018 to 30 Dec 2018

NCMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.