HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #5431

Bro port forwarding and ddns are things in the past.

Nowadays, setting up a camera is very straight forward.

Server hosted by Amazon. I think you can trust them better.

Does it allow u to view the live video on a laptop ? Without installing any software? I don’t the admin rights to my office laptop
Hot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #5432
High Supremacy Member

i am sure ur Sineoji can do it...

Yes but the ip cam must allow u to configure the TCP/IP ports. Without it, port forwarding wouldnít work
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #5433
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does it allow u to view the live video on a laptop ? Without installing any software? I donít the admin rights to my office laptop
Oh sorry bro.

I think not possible without running emulators.

I'm using the apps to view on mobile.
Old 19-10-2019, 02:08 AM   #5434

i am sure ur Sineoji can do it...
Yup, the older version of sineoji can do that. Not sure about the latest model

By the way, I was referring to Wyze. Thanks
Old 19-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #5435

Oh sorry bro.

I think not possible without running emulators.

I'm using the apps to view on mobile.
Thanks bro for sharing !
Old 19-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #5436
Supremacy Member

After all the fake Sineoji users were exposed, their server seems having problem now.

Future buyers should avoid.
I've been having intermittent issues with Sineoji streaming over the last few weeks. Only when off-site. When connected to the same network there's no issue. Feedback to Dean and he checks then he says connection no issue.

Been quite disappointed with Sineoji. Pricing is like double the comparable Xiaomi camera. You do get installation services, but the after-sales support from Sineoji is not very good. Don't get me wrong, Dean is fantastic. But when Sineoji migrated to a new app they kept all the old devices on the old outdated app saying "not compatible". Never seen that before in the tech space.

Also the old units don't have firmware updates. New units claim "face detection intelligent monitoring" - these are obviously software side, but they will not update the old cameras with new features.

Bought a new Xiaomi IP camera when I needed a new one instead, half price. Everything is much better in terms of interface/software and the off-site streaming is reliable. Cross fingers though, maybe after 1-2 years will become crap like Sineoji.
Old 19-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #5437
High Supremacy Member

if the cam itself dont have face detection hardware. Even upgrade the software for face detection intelligent monitoring also cannot use..

I've been having intermittent issues with Sineoji streaming over the last few weeks. Only when off-site. When connected to the same network there's no issue. Feedback to Dean and he checks then he says connection no issue.

Been quite disappointed with Sineoji. Pricing is like double the comparable Xiaomi camera. You do get installation services, but the after-sales support from Sineoji is not very good. Don't get me wrong, Dean is fantastic. But when Sineoji migrated to a new app they kept all the old devices on the old outdated app saying "not compatible". Never seen that before in the tech space.

Also the old units don't have firmware updates. New units claim "face detection intelligent monitoring" - these are obviously software side, but they will not update the old cameras with new features.

Bought a new Xiaomi IP camera when I needed a new one instead, half price. Everything is much better in terms of interface/software and the off-site streaming is reliable. Cross fingers though, maybe after 1-2 years will become crap like Sineoji.
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #5438
Supremacy Member

if the cam itself dont have face detection hardware. Even upgrade the software for face detection intelligent monitoring also cannot use..
I don't think there is "special" face detection hardware. Maybe the camera will need better processor or specs to do face detection, but it should be in the software.
Old 19-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #5439
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think there is "special" face detection hardware. Maybe the camera will need better processor or specs to do face detection, but it should be in the software.
Yeah I think better lens will do. Software is the key.

I think their ddns server has a problem?
Old 20-10-2019, 01:20 AM   #5440

e;123298422]I don't think there is "special" face detection hardware. Maybe the camera will need better processor or specs to do face detection, but it should be in the software.
Face detection doesn’t seems to be able to tell 2D and 3D apart. I happen to have a big picture in my room. The Sineoji cam keep homing onto the picture whenever I turned on face recognition
Old 20-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #5441
Master Member

Dafang still a good buy?
acidcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #5442

Hi bros, Iíve both Sineoji and Xiaomi wireless cameras at home. But they seem to always appear offline. Any reason why thatís so? Iím using it to monitor my baby and helper. So Iíll need it up
d_liaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #5443
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi bros, Iíve both Sineoji and Xiaomi wireless cameras at home. But they seem to always appear offline. Any reason why thatís so? Iím using it to monitor my baby and helper. So Iíll need it up
Were they working previously?

If working, were they down together?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #5444
Supremacy Member

Were they working previously?

If working, were they down together?
mine is down as well... and both down together...
evilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #5445
Arch-Supremacy Member

mine is down as well... and both down together...
Eh what's the commonality?

Is it your router?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.