HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree470Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #5476

Just bought this ipcam Reolink RLC-511W, as price suddenly drop by half. to 69.99 from 139. Singapore amazon. Came in 2 days.

https://www.amazon.sg/Wireless-Secur.../dp/B07Y1HX2VQ

Pretty robust and good camera... Fully suited for even outside operation
ronnie_gogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #5477
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pretty robust and good camera... Fully suited for even outside operation
For private property and outdoor or commercial is OK.

I think not practical for HDB homes.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #5478
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xiaomi apologizes after user of security camera saw images from strangersí homes

https://www.abacusnews.com/xiaomi-ap...box=1578046703
Old 08-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #5479
High Supremacy Member

Anyone using Amcrest & Hikvision ptz cameras?
t258jgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #5480

Trial completed.

Already signed up for Wyze CMC for ~$2 per month.
Can you share how you signed up for it?
It seems to be only available for US and Canada and I can't choose Singapore under Country when trying to set my billing method.
Yod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #5481
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can you share how you signed up for it?
It seems to be only available for US and Canada and I can't choose Singapore under Country when trying to set my billing method.
I am using AMEX CC and my brother's address in US.
Old 30-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #5482
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone sineoji offline? Is it because of their server or my internet? Both my camera down
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:01 AM   #5483

I've been experiencing this since last year Sept 2019. Whilst Dean has been very helpful, the intermittent connection remains unresolved.

After resetting all my Sineoji cam and Asus Router, problem remains - especially trying to connect via M1 4G will make my blood boils.

I'm on 700 series...... not too sure if upgrading to 800 series would resolve the issue.

Anyone sineoji offline? Is it because of their server or my internet? Both my camera down
Reechet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #5484
High Supremacy Member

If you can access @ home using same network but not outside

If you know how, you can do port forwarder @ your router and change the ddns setting inside your Cam to use free ddns so you can access it

Some good router come with free ddns.. If have, than no need to register free one.

I don't have Sineoji Cam but my Cam has similar setting with Sineoji one

Last edited by harky; 03-02-2020 at 07:45 AM..
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #5485

If you can access @ home using same network but not outside

If you know how, you can do port forwarder @ your router and change the ddns setting inside your Cam to use free ddns so you can access it

Some good router come with free ddns.. If have, than no need to register free one.

I don't have Sineoji Cam but my Cam has similar setting with Sineoji one
800 series cannot configure the high port number. So u are dependent on Sineoji apps
Hot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #5486

Hi all!

I'm looking for recommendations of a good IP Cam for my home to replace my current TPLink NC450's. I have been using the NC450's for the last few years and they have served me absolutely perfectly all this while except that I now find myself in a position where I need to replace one and add one more to my system. Unfortunately the NC450 is no longer in production and I cant find any legacy stock locally. TPlink's updated offerings(kasa & tapo) both use 2 different apps and lack much of the functionality the NC450's had, which is a no go for me.

The camera system will serve 2 primary functions, 1) Home Security, 2) Child/Baby Monitoring. I have tried a few different brands of ipcams over the years and have put together a pretty specific list of requirements, all of which the NC450's fulfill with the exception of 1080p video.

1) Must be at least 720p, 1080p is much preferred though, 2020 and all.

2) Must have ethernet connectivity as an option, though if u have a wifi-only cam that you absolutely swear by, I could be persuaded to look into it. Most current gen IP cams operate wifi-only and frankly even with my extremely overkill mesh wifi AC network with static IP's assigned to each camera, I have yet to find a wifi-only cam that is reliable. Every cam I have tried in the last few years(I have tried quite a few, NC450 included) will drop signal/lag/freeze on and off occassionally while on wifi-only(even viewing locally) and that is not acceptable to me. The NC450 works flawlessly on ethernet though.

3) Must have 2 way audio/mic.

4) Must have Pan/Tilt, optical zoom isnt necessary.

5) Must have a web setup interface or at least the ability to somehow configure static IP addresses per camera.

6) Must have a mobile app for remote viewing or at least be compatible with some universal IP cam app of sorts, such as TinyCamPro. From my testing, DLink's 8525 and TPLink's Kasa and Tapo are all not compatible with most universal apps.

7) Must have microsd storage, I'm not a fan of cloud storage.

8) Must be able to record continuously on a loop. I was actually rather surprised to learn when researching replacements that many current gen IP cams, even those with microsd storage, only record a short clip when motion/sound is detected and have no option for continuous loop recording.

Recently I tried DLink's 8525LH and looked into a few other brands' top offerings and they all seem to fall very short of this requirement list so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I realize this is a "Wireless" IP Cam thread and I'm looking for one with ethernet but I have searched the forums and dont see anywhere else more appropriate for my question.

Last edited by Biodhe; 03-02-2020 at 06:55 PM..
Biodhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #5487
High Supremacy Member

oh tht bad... no web interface?

800 series cannot configure the high port number. So u are dependent on Sineoji apps
Old 03-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #5488
High Supremacy Member

I using Wanscam.. seen to be do what u want LOL
cheap also.. u can google on it.

and i think u can look for cam with ddns support.

Hi all!

I'm looking for recommendations of a good IP Cam for my home to replace my current TPLink NC450's. I have been using the NC450's for the last few years and they have served me absolutely perfectly all this while except that I now find myself in a position where I need to replace one and add one more to my system. Unfortunately the NC450 is no longer in production and I cant find any legacy stock locally. TPlink's updated offerings(kasa & tapo) both use 2 different apps and lack much of the functionality the NC450's had, which is a no go for me.

The camera system will serve 2 primary functions, 1) Home Security, 2) Child/Baby Monitoring. I have tried a few different brands of ipcams over the years and have put together a pretty specific list of requirements, all of which the NC450's fulfill with the exception of 1080p video.

1) Must be at least 720p, 1080p is much preferred though, 2020 and all.

2) Must have ethernet connectivity as an option, though if u have a wifi-only cam that you absolutely swear by, I could be persuaded to look into it. Most current gen IP cams operate wifi-only and frankly even with my extremely overkill mesh wifi AC network with static IP's assigned to each camera, I have yet to find a wifi-only cam that is reliable. Every cam I have tried in the last few years(I have tried quite a few, NC450 included) will drop signal/lag/freeze on and off occassionally while on wifi-only(even viewing locally) and that is not acceptable to me. The NC450 works flawlessly on ethernet though.

3) Must have 2 way audio/mic.

4) Must have Pan/Tilt, optical zoom isnt necessary.

5) Must have a web setup interface or at least the ability to somehow configure static IP addresses per camera.

6) Must have a mobile app for remote viewing or at least be compatible with some universal IP cam app of sorts, such as TinyCamPro. From my testing, DLink's 8525 and TPLink's Kasa and Tapo are all not compatible with most universal apps.

7) Must have microsd storage, I'm not a fan of cloud storage.

8) Must be able to record continuously on a loop. I was actually rather surprised to learn when researching replacements that many current gen IP cams, even those with microsd storage, only record a short clip when motion/sound is detected and have no option for continuous loop recording.

Recently I tried DLink's 8525LH and looked into a few other brands' top offerings and they all seem to fall very short of this requirement list so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I realize this is a "Wireless" IP Cam thread and I'm looking for one with ethernet but I have searched the forums and dont see anywhere else more appropriate for my question.

Last edited by harky; 04-02-2020 at 08:57 AM..
Old 04-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #5489

I using Wanscam.. seen to be do what u want LOL
cheap also.. u can google on it.

and i think u looking for cam with ddns support.
Nice, I looked it up, it's an ONVIF cam so it will definitely work with my app, and seems to have everything i need, very affordable too! Thanks for the recommendation!
Biodhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #5490

oh tht bad... no web interface?
Not sure wat u mean by web interface. U can configure it with a web browser but it does not support port forwarding
Hot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.