HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #721

Hi Archer..... I'm encounting another problem...... I have manage to set up the camera and is able to use the Aztech IP Camera..... but I can't view the images through my Iphone or desktop in my office......How can I go about it? Care to advice? I'm using the Singtel wireless router 2wire 2700HGV-2/2701HGV-E... care to advice??? I'm really sorry as I'm a beginner......please help.......
Macrossvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #722
Master Member

Hi Archer..... I'm encounting another problem...... I have manage to set up the camera and is able to use the Aztech IP Camera..... but I can't view the images through my Iphone or desktop in my office......How can I go about it? Care to advice? I'm using the Singtel wireless router 2wire 2700HGV-2/2701HGV-E... care to advice??? I'm really sorry as I'm a beginner......please help.......
You need to configure the 2wire so that it can port forward external request to the internal IP. You also need to set up DDNS so that instead of type 132.43.44.35, you can have something like myipcamera.homeip.net.
Old 14-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #723

wireless IP camera recommendation

HiHI,
Have to ask for yr help, Dr Archer.
Ineed an IP camera that
1)uses sd card so need not on pc
2) able to select timing as i only need it to monitor 1 rm fr. 11pm to 7am
3) wall -mounted and can be easily dismounted
4)able to communicate via iphone
do u hv any recommendations? pls reply asap
denisewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #724
Master Member

Dr_ARCHer, Good focus on the drawing! Your kid have drawing potential. LOLz
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #725
Master Member

HiHI,
Have to ask for yr help, Dr Archer.
Ineed an IP camera that
Don't think I can help much. I use my IP cameras on a real-time basis rather than for recording. From what I know, cameras with SD card includes H series (SmartEye NC530 OEM), Edimax models (3030, 7000, 7110) and Dlink DCS5605/5635/52302121/5222). Not sure how the recorrding is activated i.e. is it by motion detection or time setting.

To be able to communicate, you need 2 way audio. Most have a built in mic, so you can hear at the camera's end. However, non have a built in speaker. They have an audio out port, so you can connect an external speaker to them.
Old 15-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #726
Master Member

Ineed an IP camera that
If you dun mind China Brand, VStarcam can do all, except for

Item 2. So far all the IP Cameras once online is viewable 24x7 unless your
camera is offline for some reasons. If you are talking about timing for recording, I'm sure VStarcam can meet your needs.

Bi-directional communication not that fantastic though. But the
LISTEN function is ok.
Old 15-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #727

If you dun mind China Brand, VStarcam can do all, except for

Item 2. So far all the IP Cameras once online is viewable 24x7 unless your
camera is offline for some reasons. If you are talking about timing for recording, I'm sure VStarcam can meet your needs.

Bi-directional communication not that fantastic though. But the
LISTEN function is ok.
Hi, where can I buy this VStarcam? How much is it?
Thanks!!
xiangqin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #728
Master Member

ANybody know if QNAP can use generic rtsp path for recording?
consigliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #729
Master Member

Hi, where can I buy this VStarcam? How much is it?
Thanks!!
MARIX IT DISTRIBUTION (S) PTE LTD is the distributor in Singapore, do a search on Google and you will find them, won't post any links here.

Understand JUNE got promotion pricing for both H6837WI n H6837WIP. Or you can call
them during weekdays at 65623390
Old 16-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #730

Hi
My H6837WI simply could not detect my wireless router (Asus RT-N56U) despite me toggling with the various settings. I have even reset the camera and to no avail. During the configuration stage when I did a scan of the wireless network around, the camera could pick up the SSIDs of the neighbouring wireless network but not mine. I have checked my router settings and could not pin dwn the reason. I am using WPA2 encryption.
topgann2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #731
Master Member

Hi
My H6837WI simply could not detect my wireless router (Asus RT-N56U) despite me toggling with the various settings. I have even reset the camera and to no avail. During the configuration stage when I did a scan of the wireless network around, the camera could pick up the SSIDs of the neighbouring wireless network but not mine. I have checked my router settings and could not pin dwn the reason. I am using WPA2 encryption.
What channel is your network on? Channel 12 and 13 generally give problems to certain equipment, especially those configured for the US market. If you can, set the channel of your N56U to a lower channel.
Old 17-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #732

hi,

sorry i don't mean to "barge" into this thread, but having some issue with my ip cameras. Some brief background on my home network of ip cameras. I am using prolink ip cameras that is connected via LAN through Homeplug which is eventually connected to my nas via my router. However i do notice after running a period of time, all my ip cameras will lose connection and not write into my nas. how to resolve this issue?
lchunl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #733
Master Member

hi,

sorry i don't mean to "barge" into this thread, but having some issue with my ip cameras. Some brief background on my home network of ip cameras. I am using prolink ip cameras that is connected via LAN through Homeplug which is eventually connected to my nas via my router. However i do notice after running a period of time, all my ip cameras will lose connection and not write into my nas. how to resolve this issue?
I can only think of a low-tech solution, which is to use a on-off switch timer to reset the cameras. You may have to restart the recording manually though.
Old 18-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #734

thanks for sharing, had thought of alternative solution prior i saw your post. Will do a rerouting for my NAS to connect to the rest of my ip camera instead of going through the router. cross my fingers but hope it work. will update you later when i back home.

btw i am thinking of accessing my ip cameras without through the prolink software. may i check what is the protocol ip camera is using? the prolink cameras use activeX for viewing via internet which my company block it..pls share.thanks
Old 18-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #735

Actually, you just need to find two wires, cut the wire on your power adaptor, and join the two wires to the wire on your power adaptor. You can then use sticky tape to tape up the joining. A bit unsightly, but almost zero cost.
looking into past post, hope you all don't mind my penny worth opinion..alternative to using the sticky tape, it is possible to do connect the two wires safely using the 3-pin plug and socket method. Tape can come loose and may be cause some risk.

1) strip the power adapter wires and screw it into the screw's post of the electrical plastic outlet (come in two flavours i.e. single and double, use the single one).
2) strip the extended cable and put all wires into a 3 pin plug. (guess there will not an earth wire).
3) strip the other end of the extended cable to your required plug.

it will be good to give some pict so that mayb i can advise better.

disclaimer clause applies.. so do it carefully and observe a few things:

1) Prior doing, know where you electrical circuit breaker is
2) Do not do it at night. it will be troublesome to find a torch.
3) be safe and don't do short cut.
4) wear rubber slipper at home.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.