Wireless IP Camera thread

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I have never tested recording to NAS/hard disk, so I do not know if sounds are recorded together with video. Maybe I will include this part into my future testing.

On a separate note, the power adaptor to my H series has gone kaput. I could detect a faint burnt smell from the power adaptor. Now I need to look for an adaptor that output 5V. I have quite a few adaptors, but none output at 5V. *SIGH*

alpha1ma

Reaction score
Thanks to Dr_ARCHer's reviews, I got the SMC some months ago. While I've been happy with it so far, it lacks a feature that I want - record audio with the video to NAS. It only records the video.

Does anyone know of any cam that will record both video and audio to NAS?

Thanks.

=O i did use recording function, dlink 2121 does record both video and audio.

I'm not using any software other than the browser. On my mobile, I am using IP Cam Viewer on the Android platform. I think there is a version for iPhone too. IP Cam Viewer can support many brands/models of IP cameras.

ar thanks for telling. 2.99 by robert chou?

does it have the function of changing the video size for specific cams?

Hmmm.... I have never tested recording to NAS/hard disk, so I do not know if sounds are recorded together with video. Maybe I will include this part into my future testing.

On a separate note, the power adaptor to my H series has gone kaput. I could detect a faint burnt smell from the power adaptor. Now I need to look for an adaptor that output 5V. I have quite a few adaptors, but none output at 5V. *SIGH*

=O why not recording?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
ar thanks for telling. 2.99 by robert chou?

does it have the function of changing the video size for specific cams?

=O why not recording?

Yes. There is also a free version that is ad-supported. You can try that one first before deciding to buy it. At least, there is a free version for Android. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to change the video size. However, it does scale nicely to the screen, be it horizontal or vertical.

I don't do recording because I use it to look at the image directly.

alpha1ma

Reaction score
Yes. There is also a free version that is ad-supported. You can try that one first before deciding to buy it. At least, there is a free version for Android. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to change the video size. However, it does scale nicely to the screen, be it horizontal or vertical.

I don't do recording because I use it to look at the image directly.

ar i couldnt find the free version. i think apple dont have it.

thanks for the info. =)

ohh icic, thought recording will give you more flexibility in case something happens. since the ip camera is already there. =:p

btw are you connecting the cameras through wireless network? or do you have a lan network at home?

i have been experiencing frequent disconnects in one of my cameras, i suspect is poor connectivity due to my aztech homeplugs. wondering how you connect them. >.< are you able to observe fluid motion when viewing from office or hp? sometimes i get low fps, the people moving in steps, haha. wondering if its my home network problem, internet upload speed or my hp connection. :(

danlim

Reaction score
is there any free motion detct software, where it will start recording once motion detected?

alpha1ma

Reaction score
is there any free motion detct software, where it will start recording once motion detected?

used to use dlink software to record but requires com to be switched on 24hrs

now i use the dlink ip cam function to record when motion is detected, to nas

molecule

Reaction score
I follow this thread with great interest. :)

Just shipped an Ali brand ip cam to try out. If good may get more to set up simple home survellience!

molecule

Reaction score
Am using the web based interface. Any additional features or advantages eg. Faster refresh if use the provided sw?

I

ipcam-central.com

More info on the NC530

Hi all,

You can also use the SmartEye NC530 on a MAC s well. This camera will support audio as well since it does not utilize the ActiveX component, which all other cameras discussed used. This additional to the SD card slot which is expendable to 32GB.

Thanks
David K

The H-Series no-brand name that I mentioned is actually the SmartEye NC530.

If you are using an IP app on your mobile phone (I am using IP Cam View for Android Devices by Robert Chou) and you have the H Series camera, select SmartEye NC530 as your camera brand and model.

mugenvti

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got 3 Dlink DCS 2121 and a NAS for recording based on motion detection. Remote viewing on iphone or desktop are working perfectly.
No complaint on the recorded image quality and sound.

But a very sad disappointment of DCS212 is the field of view is really too narrow. I would like to ask if any expert know of any additional lens to add onto DCS212 to increase the field of view (wide angle lens etc) so that I do not need to install 2 ip camera at see the whole corridor?

Thk in advance.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got 3 Dlink DCS 2121 and a NAS for recording based on motion detection. Remote viewing on iphone or desktop are working perfectly.
No complaint on the recorded image quality and sound.

But a very sad disappointment of DCS212 is the field of view is really too narrow. I would like to ask if any expert know of any additional lens to add onto DCS212 to increase the field of view (wide angle lens etc) so that I do not need to install 2 ip camera at see the whole corridor?

Thk in advance.

Yes, I'm using a small wide angle lens to increase the FOV. Read here

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2966892&page=4

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2966892&page=5

The price of the wide angle lens being sold at that shop is pretty expensive. Just take a look at the product and then get it from other shop.

Last edited:

systemx

Master Member
Reaction score
Any affrdable ip camera + iphone app combo to recommend that provides audio too?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Try the F series (named F series as per Mediapro's pricelist). Price is S$199. Has pan-and-tilt function, built-in IR illuminator, and capable of B/W IR mode.

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I discover the POWER ADaptor cable that comes with ip cam is not long enough.

Any way to extend it without using the Extension cord ?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

I discover the POWER ADaptor cable that comes with ip cam is not long enough.

Any way to extend it without using the Extension cord ?

Just go to 2nd level SL SQ backlane shops there's an electrical shop there who can help you do that. I've used his service many times

:)

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

Only 1 shop ?

Actually, if you've spare cables and you know how to test it with a multimeter you can also DIY. Or if you've friends who're electrician they also can do it for you. Alternatively, try at other electrical hardware shops.

:D

Last edited:

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you've spare cables and you know how to test it with a multimeter you can also DIY. Or if you've friends who're electrician they also can do it for you. Alternatively, try at other electrical hardware shops.

:D

Nope, both i also dun have. Guess have to spend a few dollar on this.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, you just need to find two wires, cut the wire on your power adaptor, and join the two wires to the wire on your power adaptor. You can then use sticky tape to tape up the joining. A bit unsightly, but almost zero cost.

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, you just need to find two wires, cut the wire on your power adaptor, and join the two wires to the wire on your power adaptor. You can then use sticky tape to tape up the joining. A bit unsightly, but almost zero cost.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.