HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1291

Hello, sharing this android app for using your android phone as a webcam, DroidEye - Make video simple.
There are many other similar android apps which can do streaming either over wifi or 3G... So, got the latest android phone? Don't throw away that old one! Why pay more for an IP camera?!
kopitalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #1292

Wifi on your phone means you are operating at wifi speed. What Linksys model are you using? Is it on wireless G or N?

Night vision means it s operating based on temperature. Thus it is only B/W image.
it is wireless G. would there be a big difference if another router is used?
Jasonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #1293

Jasonium,

For some reason, the graphics processor is not meant for IP Camera streaming. You take an iphone and you will see the difference in the streaming. The Aztech model is an OEM of Wansview brand so, they are using similarly what the VStarcam H Series were using. But due to the nature of the APP, I find that it becomes a disservice to the hardware. Kinda strange why Aztech didn't come out with their own APP instead of just using OEM APP.

When I was on H series, using Android n iPhone side by side in LAN, you can see the difference in the streaming. Android can't keep up with the iPhone. I was using iphone 4S comparing to SIII back then. Even now, if I use my S4 to compare, it simply cannot make it as compared to iPhone's streaming, not even matching iPhone4.

Personally wise, I do not appreciate LINKSYS products. I find their product very inconsistence in their wireless performance, just like the PACE router that Singtel gives us for broadband.

And IP Camera can never match the real-time capture of the CCTV system for sure. Unless its an industrial type IP Camera. Trust me, the price is very expensive but it does matches the quality of CCTV system. Those IP Cameras that are widely available in the stores, they can't match the quality and motion detection of the CCTV system.
wow. you guys seriously research these things really well - thanks for info above

I might just go for cctv - some packages out there go for 1k+ for 4 cams/ mic, pull wires, video box recording, android/iphone viewing, pay more for IR, and no PTZ.

also, since to monitor my baby in the cot - use ipad (2nd hand ipad, facetime or other app). sounds very kiasu, but maybe 2nd hand is even cheaper n easier to fix than ipcamera/ wires/ etc. then again, its a separate topic/ research.
Old 25-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #1294
Master Member

it is wireless G. would there be a big difference if another router is used?
A few of my cameras are wireless G, but they have no issue. Only thing is they are not HD. One should expect HD images to be more jerky.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #1295
Master Member

Check if mobile livecam is using 3G as internet (source). If yes, u r better off with ip cameras. Period
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #1296
Master Member

also, since to monitor my baby in the cot - use ipad (2nd hand ipad, facetime or other app). sounds very kiasu, but maybe 2nd hand is even cheaper n easier to fix than ipcamera/ wires/ etc. then again, its a separate topic/ research.
I started looking at wireless IP cameras 6 years ago when my eldest daughter was born. I want something more than a traditional baby monitor,which could only let me hear but not see. Now my 3rd child is already 3 years old, and I have accumulated over 20 cameras in all.
Old 26-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #1297

reborn

thanks for advice guys - i learnt alot last few days. in fact, i event made a trip down to Areit building (guess what - i forgot it was the original aztech building) down at Ubi to fix another product - my aztech homeplug (unconsciously becoming a fan).

What i found so far - very different from my 1st experience for the WIPC408HD IP cam product.

After testing it on my PC - i found the resolution and speed is very good. it can run 1280*720 at 4096 bitrate, at 30 fps without breaking a sweat.

i do find that the IR kicks in very early - its pretty bright here but once IR/ night vision kicks in - everything goes greyscale. no more color.

one plus point is the IP cam is a webserver. just point to the IP e.g. 192.168.1.100:8081 - you can start managing recording, resolution, audio, PTZ, multicam (wierdly it can.. remember this is the webserver of 1 camera, not a software i install on my pc), motion detection, etc.

the problem is - i had alot of trouble configuring - but since i met a new friend at Aztech support (very helpful guy) - he teamviewer into my PC and help set it up.

the limitations of the camera is as such -

many antivirus such as AVG and AVAST will interfere with connection between PC and IP CAM - they have to be disabled (till i find a way).

IE10 cannot be used with this IP CAM (in fact, chrome and mozila does not work too). you have to use IE9.0 (which comes with windows 7).

the above limitations might give you guys a little sour aftertaste and i apologize if i hurt aztech sales on this - but i believe future firmware patches for this very new product should fix it.

also, a friend noted that if you are doing recording - do note that IP Cam can suck up your bandwidth fast, killing your downloads/ video stream/ gaming/ etc - especially if you use several IP cams recording at once. also note that SD cards have read/write life.. which basically dont last that long - so buy many cheap ones rather than one expensive one (imo)

i think its a great hardware for $175 from simlim - and i believe software is coming to fix it - hence this is a keeper

thanks again for all - hope the above helps.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #1298

hi everyone, anyone using trendnet TV-IP851WC?
eugenemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #1299
Banned

Just bought a vstarcam from from challenger. Its not even powering up
Axisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #1300
Master Member

Just bought a vstarcam from from challenger. Its not even powering up
Return for rma or go to challenger for 1 to 1 exchange within 7 days. The connector should b the main problem (short 10 cm connector). I got tat problem also with one of my unit previously
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #1301
Master Member

I might just go for cctv - some packages out there go for 1k+ for 4 cams/ mic, pull wires, video box recording, android/iphone viewing, pay more for IR, and no PTZ.
In case if you are keen, Challenger FUNAN got DVR which you can DIY, $599 with 500GB HDD. Saw it when I was there.

It comes with 4 x IR Dome Cameras at 600TVL, 18metre cable should be more than enough for a normal home.

Can view over iphone/android.
Old 28-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1302

Vstarcam F series, how to disable the IR? Thank you.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #1303
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, anyone know how to enable the POE on the IP Camera, i bought a dlink dcs 2310l and it come with POE but when i just plug in the ethernet cable to the router port, dun see got any power coming in.

[/SIZE]
Biogentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #1304
Master Member

hi, anyone know how to enable the POE on the IP Camera, i bought a dlink dcs 2310l and it come with POE but when i just plug in the ethernet cable to the router port, dun see got any power coming in.
Your router or switch must support POE too, you know.
Old 29-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #1305

Looking for cam to record. No need real time viewing. Any recommendation?
behling is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.