HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1456

So ur SSID cannot be scanned via cam? Is ur wireless channel below 11 or above 11?
Yea. The ssid cannot be viewed via cam. The channel is set to auto and currently it is showing as 13.
Old 29-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #1457
Master Member

Yea. The ssid cannot be viewed via cam. The channel is set to auto and currently it is showing as 13.
H6837WIP only supports up to channel 11 lah... This was mentioned before. If you ask your reseller, they should have told you also.
crazydeals likes this.
Old 29-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #1458
Master Member

had tried several times successfully to "Add camera" on Samsung Note 2 and S2 for vstarcam T7848WIP after launching the 'VsCam' app but it still show 'no online camera". May someone assist how can I override this issue.
Did you connect your camera to the router? Does your LAN port blinks? Call the tech support for help if no
Old 29-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #1459

Hi geckoSG,
Since the T7838WIP was setup a few days ago with the Aztech Homeplug (wifi extender) in the hall, I had successfully 'Add Camera' with online view on the iPhone 3GS, iPad 2 and 2013 Nexus 7 except Samsung Note 2 and S2. Thus I suspect that it might be some setting on the android phones I need to make adjustment.
Keith TBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #1460
Master Member

Errr... Dun think so... Cos my bro using note 2 also can see. Try flashing ur firmware if persist bah. Saw got new webui firmware
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #1461

FOSCam IP Camera Order CLICK Below to access HWZ thread and more info:

FOSCAM FI8910W / FI9820W Offers

PM or Call me for more queries.

Cheers!
Marc
MarcAllReadyFibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #1462
Master Member

Dr_Archer, our delivery will b delayed. China 1 week holiday n too much order to fulfill sia... MARIX called me early this morning to apologies for the delay. Seems tat VStarcam business is growing
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #1463
Master Member

Dr_Archer, our delivery will b delayed. China 1 week holiday n too much order to fulfill sia... MARIX called me early this morning to apologies for the delay. Seems tat VStarcam business is growing
Thanks for the update. Not a problem for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #1464

I started to think that , actually going for an IP Camera that can record to NAS is a good idea, in case of camera damage by theft or stolen, i still get a backup clip inside NAS
What if NAS is stolen?

I ordered Dropcam.com , their cloud service is US$99 per camera per year and US$50 for each additional camera providing 7-day archive records. Dropcam constantly uploads video to the cloud. I am sure NAS will work out cheaper on a longer run, but I don't mind paying for convenience and easy to work solution.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #1465

H6837WIP only supports up to channel 11 lah... This was mentioned before. If you ask your reseller, they should have told you also.
I was not aware of this one and neither the reseller informed me about this. Anyways, thanks for your advice. I have changed channel to 1 and now its working...
Thanks a lot...
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #1466
Master Member

I was not aware of this one and neither the reseller informed me about this. Anyways, thanks for your advice. I have changed channel to 1 and now its working...
Thanks a lot...
No worries, why didn't you call your reseller for tech support? Even MARIX support their existing clients when warranty expires less site visits.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1467
Master Member

What if NAS is stolen?

I ordered Dropcam.com , their cloud service is US$99 per camera per year and US$50 for each additional camera providing 7-day archive records. Dropcam constantly uploads video to the cloud. I am sure NAS will work out cheaper on a longer run, but I don't mind paying for convenience and easy to work solution.
Wow, pretty expensive solution per annum... But is a good idea, I've yet got a chance to test out. My only worry is the bandwidth you need. HD Cameras effectively needs 2Mbps to stream HD contents out on average minimum. If 4 cameras, you need at least about 8mbps out to the cloud server.

Maybe I need more research in this area.

Dr_Archer, what's ur take on this?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #1468

Wow, pretty expensive solution per annum... But is a good idea, I've yet got a chance to test out. My only worry is the bandwidth you need. HD Cameras effectively needs 2Mbps to stream HD contents out on average minimum. If 4 cameras, you need at least about 8mbps out to the cloud server.

Maybe I need more research in this area.

Dr_Archer, what's ur take on this?
4 cameras need 2Mbps dedicated according to their requirements. It is 720p video:
How Much Bandwidth Does Dropcam Use? : Dropcam Support
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #1469

No worries, why didn't you call your reseller for tech support? Even MARIX support their existing clients when warranty expires less site visits.
I called them and they suggested some steps. but it never helped to solve the issue. Then they said they will have to charge me 50$ to come onsite to rectify the issue. That is why I came looking for help here and glad that I was able to get a solution
Old 03-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #1470
Master Member

Onsite is definitely chargeable. They need salary to survive too. Yours is parrallel import unit rite? Did urs come wif PSB approved adapter? Just curious.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.