HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1471

Onsite is definitely chargeable. They need salary to survive too. Yours is parrallel import unit rite? Did urs come wif PSB approved adapter? Just curious.
I am not sure if its parrallel import. Bought through Forum advertisement only
Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #1472
Master Member

Wow, pretty expensive solution per annum... But is a good idea, I've yet got a chance to test out. My only worry is the bandwidth you need. HD Cameras effectively needs 2Mbps to stream HD contents out on average minimum. If 4 cameras, you need at least about 8mbps out to the cloud server.

Maybe I need more research in this area.

Dr_Archer, what's ur take on this?
I see two different functions/service.

First service is that of surveillance. You need cameras (IP or CCTV type) and DropCam is selling that. Most models nowadays share the same OEM, and there are only so many OEMs (most are based in China). Would you buy say a HP desktop, or would you prefer to build your own using similar parts (including perhaps the mobo).

The second service is that of storage. For the recorded video, you need to store it somewhere, and what DropCam is offering is a cloud storage service. If you are those that have a paid Flickr account where you store the photos you took with your camera, you would probably be interested in the cloud storage offered by DropCam. On the other hand, if you keep your photos on your own hard disks/NAS/SAN/DAS etc., you probably won't be interested in their cloud storage.

Yes, your NAS can be stolen, but you can harden it by locking up your house, storage cupboards, putting Kensington locks etc. With cloud storage, you need to rely on the service provider to have a hack-proof security.

For me, I look at my network of IP cameras as a surveillance system to check out on my children and not a security system. I have a separate security system (alarm, motion sensors etc.) for my house, and I am not using my IP cameras to replace that but to complement that.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #1473

Hi

Does anyone know which models of wireless IP cameras can record to Dlink-323 nas?
Thanks.
teogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1474
Master Member

Today went to meet the mgr of marix to check on the status of our stocks. Saw the engineers already mounted the outdoor cam T7833WIP @ balcony. Demo will b available soon i guess.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #1475

Hi

Hey, need ip camera advise, please look for easynsg on google.
Hardcor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1476

Wireless IP Camera

Can anyone tell any useful link to know about wireless IP camera in detail?
Allan Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #1477

Hi, i have problem with my Aztech WIPC408HD last mth i can do video recording but now i cant it keep show recording fail. anyone can help me ?
im using M1 fiber blackbox and Asus RT-N56U wireless modem..
fatworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #1478

WIRELESS IP CAM QUERIES

Hi,
I've been observing the Q&A. Not sure what's the problem but you may find the answer on easynsg webpage support page even if you are not using EasyN IP camera. Most of these manufacturers use the same reference design.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #1479

You may look easynsg on Google.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #1480
Master Member

Allan, wat sort of info u need abt IP cam? This thread is full of them. What you want to know about IP cam? Maybe post your questions here and we can try to help

Last edited by geckoSG; 10-10-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #1481

Hi.newbie here, I am thinking of getting an IP camera for home use to monitor maid and kids during day time while I am at work.

If I shut down wi-fi at night and turn it on again the next morning will the IP camera automatically connected to the wi-fi and come to alive again.

Also any recommendation on the boardband speed requirement for a normal non-HD motion detect camera and what is the estimated data usage per month.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
limchooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #1482

I have been using Dropcam since a week or so and it works rock solid. For newbies that don't want to play with too much technical stuff and NAS, it is a great solution. Just keep in mind that Dropcam is constantly uploading the video, so according to the reports it uses around 60GB per camera / month (you can switch the camera to SD mode should you wish so). It does reconnect automatically upon losing WiFi connection.

All communication with the camera and settings is through the internet. You can also schedule the camera to switch off or on on particular times or you can turn on location scheduling which works together with iPhone app.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #1483
Master Member

Limchooc,

Most IP cameras should b able to find the wifi, from your usage pattern, u just want to monitor during day n switch off router n cam during the night.

This isn't a problem for most of the camera. In fact, it doesn't cost u much to have router on 24x7. Bandwidth wise, even HD camera streaming wouldn't kill ur 2GB plan. Most people didn't get a chance to view too constantly on their phones.

Uploading bandwidth. Keep it minimum 1mbps for good smooth streaming at least from my own tests n experience wif various brands

VStarcam now supports single login and setup once so that when u setup the cams via single login account n the details will remain on the cloud. Anywhere u go, as long as u have ur login details, no more need to worry what is the qr code of the camera.

They will release this info tomorrow. I'm sharing here in advance as a spoiler. :p

Last edited by geckoSG; 10-10-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #1484

Btw, Dropcam has just released Dropcam Pro (US$199), you can find more info and comparison below:
https://www.dropcam.com/product
Also full good review here.

If I knew I would perhaps wait few days more as I just bought Dropcam (US$149). Anyway, Dropcam works fantastic for me and they have just polished their online website and updated mobile apps with new functionalities, such as pinch to zoom etc
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #1485
Master Member

Stiwipl, quick check wif u since u own 1 dropcam. Zoom is digital or optical? Next, does it have IR LED at night? Night vision depends on surrounding light or? How long is the power cable? And the storage of 720p (1280x720) to cloud, how smooth is the recording? Cos 4 cams only uses 2mbps to upload. It means each cam uploads at ard estimated 512kbps, which is quite a low bitrate to see 720p. Sorry a lot of question cos very interesting product from the way u describe it here.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.