HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asus RT-AX88U review (link aggregation support)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
PFG
Arch-Supremacy Member

Asus RT-AX88U review (link aggregation support)

Hi.
Just read the for the RT-AX88U and it's mentioned that the router doesn't support link aggregation. Are you sure about that? Because the specs on Asus's website reflect that the two AX routers they have including this one, support link aggregation.
PFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:37 PM   #2

Hi,

Can you direct me to the specs page that says it does?

The SG page only makes a small mention of 802.3ad aggregation in the specs sheet but it was never mentioned in press materials or anywhere else that link aggregation is supported. Not even when detailing the ports themselves.

Even the Ethernet ports themselves, if you look closely at the photo, has no visual indication.

But let me double confirm with ASUS.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
PFG
Arch-Supremacy Member

I believe we saw it on the same specs page at https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/R...pecifications/
The aggregation is first thing listed under features.

Ports for aggregation on the AX routers may not not labelled. An example is the RT-AC5300, which I'm using, has link aggregation via Ports 1 & 2 but are not labelled to indicate that the ports are for aggregation.

If the router is still with you, may I suggest checking via the settings to confirm aggregation support.
PFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 04:47 PM   #4

I have confirmed that it does indeed support port aggregation. Thanks for pointing out. The review has been amended accordingly.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.