HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi 45W USB-C power adapter review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Master Member

Xiaomi 45W USB-C power adapter review

May i know what was the setup used to charge the iPad Pro 12.9"? I'm using the Xiaomi 45W charger with the Apple USB-C to lightning cable and charging my 2015 iPad Pro 12.9" and can't get it to charge any faster than the normal Apple adaptor.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

apple is slow to adapt faster charging standard.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Master Member

May i know what was the setup used to charge the iPad Pro 12.9"? I'm using the Xiaomi 45W charger with the Apple USB-C to lightning cable and charging my 2015 iPad Pro 12.9" and can't get it to charge any faster than the normal Apple adaptor.
I used Apple's own USB-C to Lightning cable too. I no longer have the charger with me, but this sounds like one of the devices doesn't recognize the other, thus causing fast charging to not start. You can try:

1.) Removing and reinserting the C end of the cable when you notice it isn't fast charging to force a re-detection

2.) Flip over the cable's C connector and plug it into the charger again

3.) Turn off the charger and turn it on again

In short, many third parties use their own methods to enable charging support for Apple devices. This can lead to improper detection. There is no sure-fire way to solve this - sometimes, plug out/plug in the cable again helps; sometimes, flipping the connector helps; and sometimes, turning the power off (or on) before plugging in the cable helps.
chucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #4

Agree with yours !
Old 09-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

Quite laggy when using after sometimes ,but such price are giving such quality can't expect too much. I only like the screen bigger.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #6
Master Member

Quite laggy when using after sometimes ,but such price are giving such quality can't expect too much. I only like the screen bigger.
I found the problem. At a certain point, Apple updated iOS to detect if the charger used is 3rd party or Apple's own charger. All 3rd party chargers are now only able to charge at normal speeds. I have switched to an Apple USB-C charger and am able to get fast charge speeds.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.