HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

<$300 MP3 player

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
Master Member

i like the idea of ZX1 so much. If sony can offer CC installment, I sure hoot wan... if slowly spend.. i feel not so bad...

ZX1 zhould compare with AK120/AK240 bah?
Agree with FatalethaL, just let your ears do the talking, BUT if there is something that to u hear and thank u can afford down the road, get that
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Also, pick something that suits your songs/playlist (which in turns appeals to you what you're hearing)

even if you have the best DAP out there, it does not necessarily mean you would like it as well...

hence you see some people have multiple daps (like me) for different purposes. eg clip zip for faster paced/tempo music. but i use the clip zip for exercise or wat lah~
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #18
Master Member

Also, pick something that suits your songs/playlist (which in turns appeals to you what you're hearing)

even if you have the best DAP out there, it does not necessarily mean you would like it as well...

hence you see some people have multiple daps (like me) for different purposes. eg clip zip for faster paced/tempo music. but i use the clip zip for exercise or wat lah~
haha yeah like fathal bro here will pick AK over my ZX1 anytime cos he prevers the sound sig and the representation.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #19

haha yeah like fathal bro here will pick AK over my ZX1 anytime cos he prevers the sound sig and the representation.
yes I agree.. let the ears led the way and the pocket complain...

Need to find time to audit all of these nice players.. I'll be busy next week, but to potentially outlay so much.. a cool head and neutral heart is needed...

Just take my time to listen...
Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #20

Legit point but seems to me edwinz wants something to tide over right now...

Worse come to worse, use Clip Zip first with E11, then go whack ZX1 straight?
heh heh.. managed to cool my anxious itchy heart and will tahan 1st...maybe will hijack the iphone 4 to use as my dedicated player as I have the 32pin connector for it to my E11. Very troublesome to take my extra lightning/32pin convertor cable along and is very messy while travelling.

decided not to revive my old MD player as I do not have time to burn the MDs and technically fidelity is not as good and maybe the battery life is not so good anymore...

Why did my iriver battery had to uplorry when I was not ready to audition new players yet.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

heh heh.. managed to cool my anxious itchy heart and will tahan 1st...maybe will hijack the iphone 4 to use as my dedicated player as I have the 32pin connector for it to my E11. Very troublesome to take my extra lightning/32pin convertor cable along and is very messy while travelling.

decided not to revive my old MD player as I do not have time to burn the MDs and technically fidelity is not as good and maybe the battery life is not so good anymore...

Why did my iriver battery had to uplorry when I was not ready to audition new players yet.
Well, anything goes as long you are ok with the sound

And perhaps the iriver battery uplorried to make you ready to audition new stuff?
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

interested in hooting the FiiO X3.

Om Mani Padme Hum
knightcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #23

Well, anything goes as long you are ok with the sound

And perhaps the iriver battery uplorried to make you ready to audition new stuff?
oooh.. seller is willing to ship me a new battery as a replacement.. shipping will take 1 month-ish though...

oh well...
Old 28-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #24

HiFiMan HM 700 at USD249 with free shipping to Singapore. Best part of it is that it comes with a balanced RE 400 . Personally, I prefer the player's output to be single-ended instead of balanced, but since it comes with a balanced RE 400 (the single-ended version is my preferred earphones now), you are essentially getting a music player and a high-quality earphones bundle for that price.

However, you should probably try the RE 400 first to hear if you like it. It's quite neutral sounding and may not be for everyone.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #25

HiFiMan HM 700 at USD249 with free shipping to Singapore. Best part of it is that it comes with a balanced RE 400 . Personally, I prefer the player's output to be single-ended instead of balanced, but since it comes with a balanced RE 400 (the single-ended version is my preferred earphones now), you are essentially getting a music player and a high-quality earphones bundle for that price.

However, you should probably try the RE 400 first to hear if you like it. It's quite neutral sounding and may not be for everyone.
thanks.. will consider...
looking at colorfly C3 too...as it is much cheaper...and I kinda like my Panasonic earphones for now..
Old 01-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #26

I decided to go for the colorfly C3 and I am very satisfied with my purchase and it is lighter on my wallet.

That said I am kinda sad my "mambo kings" CD sounds so sterile on the C3... other CDs are ok... My format was Flac.

It pairs nicely with my panasonic HJE 900. Nicely balance. Soundstage is wide. Engaging... (HJE900 traits btw...)

When I paired my Fiio E11 with the C3, it sounded only slightly better with my HJE 900.

When I tried my AKG studio 240s, it seems underpowered with the E11. I had the volume on 70% on the C3 (dun believe in going to max as I feel it sounds strained), and the knob on the E11 was close to the max...and the 240s sounded "sterile"... not the best pairing?...
However, soundstage is wider (than HJE 900) and instruments do not sound "muddy" and mixed...

Perhaps instruments/orchestras genre will sound good with the combo of C3+E11 and I felt some nice controlled low rumble that is balanced with the rest of the frequencies... I did read somewhere that AKG studio 240 may be too balanced/sterile for some, and I think I feel perhaps, the C3+E11 is a combo that emphasized this?

Or maybe I need to find a balance of C3 volume+ E11 gain settings to get the best combination for the AKG Studio 240s...

PS: Mambo kings sounding better now... maybe due to the following?:
-Plugged in charging to AC and listening to music
-Burn in. (not sure if this is true...)

Last edited by edwinz; 01-04-2014 at 04:05 PM..
edwinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.