HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Discussion] Which Music Streaming Services Are You Using? Spotify or Tidal or others?

View Poll Results: Which music streaming service you using?
Spotify 17 85.00%
Tidal 1 5.00%
Others 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Thumbs up [Discussion] Which Music Streaming Services Are You Using? Spotify or Tidal or others?

Unlike in US, SG music streaming services are quite limited
but not to mention video streaming which is totally none.
Recent launch of tidal for SG which offer lossless music streaming.
However despite Tidal quality is better, the library, playlist,
features are still not matured yet unlike Spotify.
Certain artist or tracks Tidal does not offer them to be stream
unlike Spotify which have a huge library.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #2

I actually use both at the moment, with TIDAL being on 30 days trial. I would prefer the Spotify over TIDAL because of the interface, playlist, etc and it's cheaper.

I might consider signing up for the TIDAL if the subscription is cheaper and if I get the Sony ZX2 to fully able to appreciate the higher resolution streaming. I have an iPhone and also the PHA-2/3 portable DAC but the "brick" is cumbersome and might not make it for me. All down to personal choice. There is a plus though. TIDAL offers "offline" mode which allows the user to listen to his favourite tracks without incurring huge data bills.

At home, when I am listening to my Mac set-up, TIDAL would win hands down due to the quality of the music files. The problem is that the files are huge and sometimes, there is some disconnection.
crazypaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #3

I actually use both at the moment, with TIDAL being on 30 days trial. I would prefer the Spotify over TIDAL because of the interface, playlist, etc and it's cheaper.

I might consider signing up for the TIDAL if the subscription is cheaper and if I get the Sony ZX2 to fully able to appreciate the higher resolution streaming. I have an iPhone and also the PHA-2/3 portable DAC but the "brick" is cumbersome and might not make it for me. All down to personal choice. There is a plus though. TIDAL offers "offline" mode which allows the user to listen to his favourite tracks without incurring huge data bills.

At home, when I am listening to my Mac set-up, TIDAL would win hands down due to the quality of the music files. The problem is that the files are huge and sometimes, there is some disconnection.
Hi, can you share if you have any problem playing HIFI mode of Tidal. I can't seem to get it to play, maybe it's my internet connection.
muah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Spotify premium can also use offline/download the songs
moozmoow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Seems like that some users using Tidal on ISP other than Starhub having
problems.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #6

Tidalhifi and im on singtel, yes buffering around 5 sec before song plays but not a big problem as i use my iphone 6 128 gb to store songs in offline mode and im also with spotify premium when it comes to chinese and cantonese songs. Still when it comes to quality, if you can't hear the difference check your equipment or otherwise stay on spotify, you might not be the target market.

If the offline download hangs just restart the phone it will restart quickly again.

Last edited by manualvin; 25-02-2015 at 08:07 AM..
manualvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
Master Member

I use TTpod
Taeyeonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.