HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #166
Supremacy Member

"You know what SGS? A day or so ago, I would've agreed with you man. I really woulda.

But that was then; and this is now, and life is a strange, strange mistress. For today, I'd honestly take the modded Series 5 over BOTH UERM and Andro. These are literally MY awesomesauce dream phones. The timbre, dynamics, bandwidth and soundstage presentation of a dynamic melded with the speed and precision of a BA driver. It's bonkers man. I have no idea what the hell happened in the last day or so but I've had these running constantly while I'm not listening to them and bass amplitude is now just perfect on these. About at the same level across the board as Andro, matching them in pretty much every metric but arguably better in terms of prat, tone and extension. It's bonkers dude.

These give up absolutely nothing to either the UERM or the Andro and best them both in things that matter to me (tone, soundstage presentation, bass) To borrow a phrase from James, these are absolute stunners. I am having serious, serious thoughts of selling the Andros man. The only thing they have over the modded Series 5 to me is their incredible smoothness and lushness but the modded Series 5 with 2 very thinly cut layers of swab are literally 90% of the way there. And out of the ZX2? The Andro's advantage in smoothness is completely nullified. None of the hardness of the iPhone 6 is present at all.

Regardless, I would trade in that teensy bit of more smoothness that Andro's got for the more more accurate sounding upper mids of the modded S5. (Female vocals, and electric guitars sound glorious!) Beyond that, they simply sound more vivid and alive to me than even the Andro. Yes, I can't even believe this ****, but it's true. I've gone back and forth between the two for hours and it's always the same conclusion.

Hell, I can always pick up a pair of Andro later when they're like $550 or so (dig what happened to Jupiter. Ouch!) when people have moved onto the next thing, but it's like why? Better build quality? Arguably worse fit for my ears? The prestige? These are irrational reasons to drop literally $1000 more over the modded S5. The modded S5 out of the ZX2, DFR, iPhone, whatever... is just incredible sounding. Easily on Andro's level. The most hilarious overachieving phone I have heard PERIOD.

So if the Andro and UERM were the best values in TOTL-Dom, these must be like getting a coupon voucher in the mail for a free TOTL phone and having publisher's clearing house have a Victoria's Secret model personally deliver them to your door LOL. I'm almost certain I'm gonna post a FS ad for the Andro in the coming week. I'm dead serious."

knn wu nia boh? Got dragon got phoenix.

after work go hoot liao. pcb. MTL.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #167

LHS @ Sim Lim Tower lor.

1 hour can get liao.
Why 1 hour? They made on the spot?
obichacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #168
Supremacy Member

Why 1 hour? They made on the spot?
yes they do, on the spot.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #169

yes they do, on the spot.
Great feel like I wanna them redo my balanced jack
obichacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #170
Honorary Member

"You know what SGS? A day or so ago, I would've agreed with you man. I really woulda.

But that was then; and this is now, and life is a strange, strange mistress. For today, I'd honestly take the modded Series 5 over BOTH UERM and Andro. These are literally MY awesomesauce dream phones. The timbre, dynamics, bandwidth and soundstage presentation of a dynamic melded with the speed and precision of a BA driver. It's bonkers man. I have no idea what the hell happened in the last day or so but I've had these running constantly while I'm not listening to them and bass amplitude is now just perfect on these. About at the same level across the board as Andro, matching them in pretty much every metric but arguably better in terms of prat, tone and extension. It's bonkers dude.

These give up absolutely nothing to either the UERM or the Andro and best them both in things that matter to me (tone, soundstage presentation, bass) To borrow a phrase from James, these are absolute stunners. I am having serious, serious thoughts of selling the Andros man. The only thing they have over the modded Series 5 to me is their incredible smoothness and lushness but the modded Series 5 with 2 very thinly cut layers of swab are literally 90% of the way there. And out of the ZX2? The Andro's advantage in smoothness is completely nullified. None of the hardness of the iPhone 6 is present at all.

Regardless, I would trade in that teensy bit of more smoothness that Andro's got for the more more accurate sounding upper mids of the modded S5. (Female vocals, and electric guitars sound glorious!) Beyond that, they simply sound more vivid and alive to me than even the Andro. Yes, I can't even believe this ****, but it's true. I've gone back and forth between the two for hours and it's always the same conclusion.

Hell, I can always pick up a pair of Andro later when they're like $550 or so (dig what happened to Jupiter. Ouch!) when people have moved onto the next thing, but it's like why? Better build quality? Arguably worse fit for my ears? The prestige? These are irrational reasons to drop literally $1000 more over the modded S5. The modded S5 out of the ZX2, DFR, iPhone, whatever... is just incredible sounding. Easily on Andro's level. The most hilarious overachieving phone I have heard PERIOD.

So if the Andro and UERM were the best values in TOTL-Dom, these must be like getting a coupon voucher in the mail for a free TOTL phone and having publisher's clearing house have a Victoria's Secret model personally deliver them to your door LOL. I'm almost certain I'm gonna post a FS ad for the Andro in the coming week. I'm dead serious."

knn wu nia boh? Got dragon got phoenix.

after work go hoot liao. pcb. MTL.

seriously fapping to the sound

the sound is amazing, everything else is just right but the bass could be overwhelming for some,

thats why some pple over at SBAF even bothered trying to mod these

enjoyable and non-fatiguing
Nitrile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #171
Supremacy Member

Was thinking of hooting the ipurifier 2 after work...but the TFZs are cheaper and seem more fun.

Lol decisions.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #172
Master Member

Interesting, how much is the Series 5? I'm one of those who'd gotten the Jupes when released here....
koroshiya8 likes this.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #173
Honorary Member

Interesting, how much is the Series 5? I'm one of those who'd gotten the Jupes when released here....
dude, i have an andromeda on order

waiting till hair turn white

series 5 is $102

you can audition the 3 and 1 too but i feel 5 is most balanced

3's bass is too booming.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #174

Budget Hoot
Great hoot!
Where did u hoot it from?
And how much was the damage?

I've been thinking of changing my HPA4 to the HPA4BL so that I can use the 12V power instead of USB power.
LongBigBronzeElephantFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #175
Supremacy Member

Ipurifier 2 hooted~
Old 04-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #176
Honorary Member

Ipurifier 2 hooted~
wanted to hoot that at first but the B male connector would make it hard to work with my mojo

left with uptone regen and w4s recovery

the regen would take quite awhile to arrive and didn't want to wait so went with the recovery instead.

seems to have cleared up the noise on my mojo from my windows PC.. very noticeable.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:30 PM   #177
Supremacy Member

wanted to hoot that at first but the B male connector would make it hard to work with my mojo

left with uptone regen and w4s recovery

the regen would take quite awhile to arrive and didn't want to wait so went with the recovery instead.

seems to have cleared up the noise on my mojo from my windows PC.. very noticeable.
Im actually using it on my mojo now...connection abit mafan but it will connect and work.

* it also comes in micro USB connection
Old 04-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #178
High Supremacy Member

same here, still holding on to the jupiter.. feel like selling but i think the money i get back will not be able to get something close to this unless i top up a few hundred bucks for something else..
koroshiya8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #179
Master Member

same here, still holding on to the jupiter.. feel like selling but i think the money i get back will not be able to get something close to this unless i top up a few hundred bucks for something else..
Same here, holding on to mine as well. Anyway, I still like how it sounds so I'm fine with it. Still, the TFZ Series 5 looks like a good budget hoot.....hence, my interest.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #180
Supremacy Member

Same here, holding on to mine as well. Anyway, I still like how it sounds so I'm fine with it. Still, the TFZ Series 5 looks like a good budget hoot.....hence, my interest.
There's a crap load of chi-fi now that seems to punch above their price bracket.

I have a Rose Mojito ear bud coming in (soon i hope).

well report back when it comes in.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.