[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess there must be people enjoying the andromeda now.. for me , my Jupiter just got replaced in this same batch.. i almost forgotten how Jupiter sound like already :(

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess there must be people enjoying the andromeda now.. for me , my Jupiter just got replaced in this same batch.. i almost forgotten how Jupiter sound like already :(

:s13::s13::s13: I also bo notification lor~

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
xpost from EDMW:

anyways these just arrived from amazon, 15 USD with shipping

FHVupte.jpg

up against my other IEMS
from left to right and cheapest to most expensive

KZ ZS3 (8 USD w/o shipping)
TFZ Series5 (100 SGD)
Westone 4R (700 SGD)
Campfire Audio Andromeda (1500 SGD)

It91MGR.jpg

in terms of sound :
andromeda >>> TFZ Series 5 > KZ ZS3 > Westone 4R

the westone 4Rs are really piss poor value for money after listening to the cheapo china IEMs.
TFZ Series 5 is only slightly better than KZ ZS3 but more than 4 times the price (almost 10 times the price if you don't count shipping)
andromeda blows everything else away though., but its 100X more expensive than the KZ ZS3 :s22:

best value for money is KZ ZS3 without a doubt.. must buy IEM for the year.

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your Series 5 got do the self mod also ar?

I poke the hole and removed the metal grill :s13:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally received my replaced Jupiter.

Shout out to ConnectIT for helping in this.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
xpost from EDMW:

anyways these just arrived from amazon, 15 USD with shipping

FHVupte.jpg

up against my other IEMS
from left to right and cheapest to most expensive

KZ ZS3 (8 USD w/o shipping)
TFZ Series5 (100 SGD)
Westone 4R (700 SGD)
Campfire Audio Andromeda (1500 SGD)

It91MGR.jpg

in terms of sound :
andromeda >>> TFZ Series 5 > KZ ZS3 > Westone 4R

the westone 4Rs are really piss poor value for money after listening to the cheapo china IEMs.
TFZ Series 5 is only slightly better than KZ ZS3 but more than 4 times the price (almost 10 times the price if you don't count shipping)
andromeda blows everything else away though., but its 100X more expensive than the KZ ZS3 :s22:

best value for money is KZ ZS3 without a doubt.. must buy IEM for the year.
Zs3 value for money max

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very initial impressions is that ED12 sits between ATE and ZS3......... more impressions coming.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow..so fast you selling on carousell?

Strictly no sales thread :o

Here is my impressions after running through a few songs.

Quick face off
new ED12 vs reigning Champion ZS3.

5agm11.jpg

Summary/Overall impressions
Similar to ZS3, the earphone reacts very well with High resolution audio such as FLAC and other lossless format. Sound is average at lossy source.

Physically, the ED12 uses the same rubbery cable as the ATE which to me is fine. Similar to the ATE, ED12 also does not come with memory wire, thus the seller also sent a pair of Ear Hook with the ED12. Initially i was not comfortable with the default silicon tips that came by default, thus i swap it by using the ATE ones and well how good it fitted.

Tested Track - Silent Shout (FLAC)/Hey Eugene (FLAC)

Treble
The ED12 is more forward with the vocals and also brighter. Suspect fatigue will set in faster as compared to ZS3.
ZS3 sounds smoother comparatively.
The ED12 says 'do you understand what i am saying!', while the ZS3 says 'i'm telling you this is what i mean.'

Mid Range
No significant difference i can pick out here.

Bass
The ED12 is more controlled as compared to ZS3, which to a small group of users the ZS3 bass can be overwhelming at times. The ZS3 says 'set me free', while the ED12 is set loose but with a lease on.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving the ZS3 and ED12 some burn in before seriously listening to them. But quick listen, I don't know, perhaps my personal preference + some hearing loss + HFM HM901s, I kinda prefer the ED12 presentation of songs.....need more time to assess though.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving the ZS3 and ED12 some burn in before seriously listening to them. But quick listen, I don't know, perhaps my personal preference + some hearing loss + HFM HM901s, I kinda prefer the ED12 presentation of songs.....need more time to assess though.

gxgx... ... yours is with Mic or without ?

For the ED12 i been listening and comparing since afternoon. after about 2 hours of run in the sound has improved, and with high res audio it is considered very very good for this price range. personally i would prefer a more in between this and ZS3 but between the 2 i still take ZS3 as i feel the treble can be overwhelming at times. But those who likes vocals may like the ED12.. just purely my opinion.

What is your impression so far ?

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gxgx... ... yours is with Mic or without ?

For the ED12 i been listening and comparing since afternoon. after about 2 hours of run in the sound has improved, and with high res audio it is considered very very good for this price range. personally i would prefer a more in between this and ZS3 but between the 2 i still take ZS3 as i feel the treble can be overwhelming at times. But those who likes vocals may like the ED12.. just purely my opinion.

What is your impression so far ?
Alamak, I'm DaGamer from blue forum lah. As for which sounds better, well, after leaving them to burn in on my HM901s and Fiio X3 II, and testing them on the HM901s, I tentatively say I prefer the ED12. Perhaps I'm having issue getting a good fit with the ZS3, but it seems to me that the ED has a better all round sound, smoother mids, bass seems to be tight, and nice treble energy that isn't sparkly......remember, you're talking to someone who's something of a closet treblehead. Heck, even the treble on my IE800 doesn't bother me (guess it's one advantage of been older.....hearing loss!)

Looking to further reassess my ZS3 by getting a nice Weston 2pin cable (will share duty between the two) and perhaps some Comply tips....I use silicon tips only if bo pian (like the IE800), whereas I prefer Comply tips on my Jupiter and Parterre.

My test setup -
china%20iem2_zpsl1ivdvrj.jpg

Last edited:

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
New toy is finally in. Toxic Hydra 18 pure silver litz bling for my 334. :D

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Elevated the KZ ED12 to 'higher end' by using an old high end cable I had forgotten about that was lying in my drawer. Stuck the cable, Effect Audio Thor Silver 8 conductor, onto the ED12....will have to wait till tomorrow to listen to it as I'm going to JB today.
effect%20audio%20thor%20silver%208%20wire_zpsjrr8o4ts.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.