Old 29-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #121

First GSS hoot came
lunarsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #122
High Supremacy Member

First GSS hoot came
Where hoot... how much dmg
Old 29-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #123

Null audio, $62.10. Pre order it during their promotion.

Where hoot... how much dmg
lunarsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #124
Honorary Member

experimenting with usb decrapifiers.

Nitrile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #125
High Supremacy Member

2nd hand hootz 'upgrade'

koroshiya8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #126
Supremacy Member

experimenting with usb decrapifiers.

Do let us know how it goes, thinking of getting a Schiit Wyrd and perhaps a line conditioner. Just realized my electrical supply damn noisy, got some cheap magnetic filters and it helped cleared out the soft watery static and crackling sound on my speakers. Didn't know a simple thing like magnets on electrical cables can clear out all that noise.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #127
Supremacy Member

I experience clicking sound when using dx80 usb dac. Could the USB port affect such problem?

Do let us know how it goes, thinking of getting a Schiit Wyrd and perhaps a line conditioner. Just realized my electrical supply damn noisy, got some cheap magnetic filters and it helped cleared out the soft watery static and crackling sound on my speakers. Didn't know a simple thing like magnets on electrical cables can clear out all that noise.
Old 29-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #128
Supremacy Member

I experience clicking sound when using dx80 usb dac. Could the USB port affect such problem?
Had read that USB ports supply both data and current at same time, so it can get noisy as well. Not sure about this, hence, asking Nitrile bro for some feedback.

When I played UT3 (yes, some of us still play it, albeit SP only) and when the game engine is engaged (the part where you're supposed to click 'Fire' to start the game), I'd noticed a soft whirring noise, I'd thought that it was it infamous coil whine. When I play some music, I don't hear that noise, so I figured it couldn't be helped.

I was told by the Oppo technician that my electrical outlets and extension cords were prolly very noisy. I was at SLS yesterday and bought eight pieces of these magnetic filters (see below). I'd used them on my speaker power cables, both my Gustard X12 and H10, my computer PSU cable (don't think this one was necessary, but hey, since I'd gotten quite a few, I figured why not)

Suddenly, when I play UT3, I don't hear that noise anymore, couldn't believe my ears! Tried playing UT3 a few times separately through the course of the day and got the same result, no more weird noise from my speakers.

Last edited by Gaminator; 29-06-2016 at 08:16 PM..
Old 29-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #129
Supremacy Member

Spoiler!

Suddenly, when I play UT3, I don't hear that noise anymore, couldn't believe my ears! Tried playing UT3 a few times separately through the course of the day and got the same result, no more weird noise from my speakers.
time to invest on some proper power conditioning
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #130

Very happy to hoot it from TB
Overall very sastified

obichacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #131
Supremacy Member

time to invest on some proper power conditioning
Oh yeah, I'm looking into this. Looking at a Weiduka AC8.8 and also wanna try the Schiit Wyrd, doesn't hurt to clean up signal from the USB ports as well. Any thoughts on these gears?
Old 29-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #132
Master Member

Very happy to hoot it from TB
Overall very sastified

Care to share the link for this adapter? Looking for something like this also...
uplorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 10:51 PM   #133

Care to share the link for this adapter? Looking for something like this also...
Hope you can link over
http://tmqd.me/h.BUNcP?cv=AAFbJqeL&sm=e1bb36
obichacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 11:34 PM   #134
Arch-Supremacy Member

Had read that USB ports supply both data and current at same time, so it can get noisy as well. Not sure about this, hence, asking Nitrile bro for some feedback.

When I played UT3 (yes, some of us still play it, albeit SP only) and when the game engine is engaged (the part where you're supposed to click 'Fire' to start the game), I'd noticed a soft whirring noise, I'd thought that it was it infamous coil whine. When I play some music, I don't hear that noise, so I figured it couldn't be helped.

I was told by the Oppo technician that my electrical outlets and extension cords were prolly very noisy. I was at SLS yesterday and bought eight pieces of these magnetic filters (see below). I'd used them on my speaker power cables, both my Gustard X12 and H10, my computer PSU cable (don't think this one was necessary, but hey, since I'd gotten quite a few, I figured why not)

How much one of these costs? I may want to try with my tube amp's power supply
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #135
Supremacy Member

How much one of these costs? I may want to try with my tube amp's power supply
Hey bro, it's $2/pc, bought it from a shop on 2nd level in SLS. Shop is located t back past AVIT (I've sworn to never step into AVIT ever again) on the right.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.