Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] What You Hate/Dislike Thread

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Great Supremacy Member

haven't even 2nd page already bashing each other

the title hate/dislike already knew it will become a flaming/bashing thread

there's no point in creating a like/hate thread since everyone like different signature/budget restrain

your 2nd post already says it all...
it's all you, it's subjective

if you don't like a certain review, then post it in that review thread instead
or write a review yourself...

reported thread for mod to close it
Randius likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
Master Member

I'm just stating an example of what this thread will turn out to be. And now you are using my example to generalise?

If I were to go the flow of your thread. The thing I dislike would be this thread. Nuff said.
Taeyeonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #18

I won't say this is a good thread nor will I say it is a bad one.. As cliché goes, one man's poison is one man's meat, so why is there an appreciation thread and not the opposite, like this thread? When one likes a product, he can commend about it in appreciation thread , sometimes accurate sometimes skewed people's purchasing judgment.. And I like TS's creativity here of not following the masses and be different, I seldom see similar thread in other places.. So in a sense, this thread may be the "watching partner" to keep overhyped items in appreciation thread in balance.. Everything has 2 sides to a coin, only when we are exposed to both sides then we can make informed decisions... Of course at the end of the day, it still hinges on people's sincere and truthful inputs
capri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #19

First of, I was never impressed by Westone's UM1. it sounds very thin, the bass impact is almost non-existent and it sounds extremely dry to me.

For would-be buyers, please try this before you purchase it. I had no idea why people choose the Um1 over the e2c back then. I obviously got the e2c and didn regret it.
You mentioned that it depends on individual tastes, so the UM1 suits their tastes more than E2C, enough said.

And people sell off stuffs, be it entry level or top notch, because they either find it not really suitable (not everything can be auditioned), in need of cash or they are after the next best thing. So it is not necessarily a case of overhype.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Master Member

There's a reason y I've been watching from the sidelines here.
Enjoying my popcorn and coke.
Guan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #21

One iem that I've tried that I seriously didn't understand the appeal of is the SM3. But then again this was in meet conditions with my own (not necessarily most synergistic) source.

I like the idea of this thread, lets see how it turns out.
jelt2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

yeah first few posts went out of topic already. maybe shld be closed?

can tell why people are abit ruffled maybe due to my first few "bashes"? I say things as it is (in my opinion of course) and yes others might have different opinions its totally fine I welcome it.

well its kinda the reaction I expected from some of you so its fine.

This thread was meant as a source for those who find that their opinion differs from the general consensus and want to express it in a place they wont get shot down by the "audiophiles"
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
Master Member

I'm still enjoying my popcorn
Hoping for more drama here
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

ask mr koelsch come give his opinion. im surprised he hasnt posted yet
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

So much negativity in this thread lol because of the threat title

Anyway, I don't really like se846. I know right now there are 2 distinct camps of haters and likers for it. I for one am not find the 846. Tried it at mook. Can't remember what filter it was but it was overly warm and bassy and didn't lacked the resolution you might expect from a flagship model

Don't like miracle also. But not really don't like, more of wouldn't get. I would rather get Merlin instead.

Haven't tried 3a, 4a and 8a but from reviews, I don't think I might like the 3a and the 4a. Hopefully I can demo them soon to get an accurate impression of them

Don't like my Chris himself cable

Don't like the normal mainstream stuff like jays and beats. Beats studio is good. But for the price I'd rather get something else along the HD series
RazorLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #26

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned SE846

I miss the minions

OT: I agree with Razor, through two separate occasions when I demoed the SE846 (once during Mook, once at JEM's ConnectIT), I found the bass overly prominent, too much in quantity and not as tight/controlled. In addition, I even compared the clarity to my W4R and found it lacking.

Additional information: At Mook, I used the DX100 w/1.3.7 firmware to drive the SE846; At JEM, I used the AK120 w/1.32 firmware. I believe they had the Balanced filter on the SE846, as I asked.

If I had to recommend a flagship UIEM at similar price range, I'd much rather recommend the Sennheiser IE800 (do take note that the highs may be a bit too sibilant for some) or AKG K3003; However, they are not without flaws.

Last edited by SenGuards; 05-09-2013 at 08:10 PM..
SenGuards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #27
Master Member

ask mr koelsch come give his opinion. im surprised he hasnt posted yet
He busy with something else

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned SE846

I miss the minions
SE846?
Nay, enough has been said about it liaoz.
I add in some more later SE846 owners BTH, burst out crying later.

Lol. Just kidding.

Minions?
Oh, they are busy.
I made them collate my MO orders.
Lol.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
Master Member

hey i like this thread too.
like TS said, there's more truth in these kinda threads rather than appreciation threads where everyone seems to blindly justify their expensive hoots.
chikyblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

So much negativity in this thread lol because of the threat title

Anyway, I don't really like se846. I know right now there are 2 distinct camps of haters and likers for it. I for one am not find the 846. Tried it at mook. Can't remember what filter it was but it was overly warm and bassy and didn't lacked the resolution you might expect from a flagship model

Don't like miracle also. But not really don't like, more of wouldn't get. I would rather get Merlin instead.

Haven't tried 3a, 4a and 8a but from reviews, I don't think I might like the 3a and the 4a. Hopefully I can demo them soon to get an accurate impression of them

Don't like my Chris himself cable

Don't like the normal mainstream stuff like jays and beats. Beats studio is good. But for the price I'd rather get something else along the HD series
if 3a is exactly like the 3ai, its really good in the sensed that its detailed and sub bass is there. however, the mids are kinda non-existent. felt really empty for me in that area.

if you like lush mids, doubt ull like the 3ai
Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
Master Member

never like shure iem. test 215, 535 but didnt find it amazing. always find the design awkward to put on for me. my conclusion is the price doesnt match its performance.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.