HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] What You Hate/Dislike Thread

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

[OFFICIAL] What You Hate/Dislike Thread

I created this thread so that there will be more honesty in reviewing earphones rather then just hyping them up.

Would-be Buyers/Browsers should know whats "wrong" or rather, unimpressive with whatever they want to get, because often alot of hype blinds people and encourages rash and impulse buys.

obviously some users might think otherwise, feel free to argue their point.

Everyone can state something they are unimpressed about, and why. a little more elaboration would be appreciated rather then just stating what you hate.
To help browsers, try to state the source, cables or whatever came with the product when you were testing, or had it.

Finally please no "Self-Appreciation" posts here. stuff like "ooo you got better rig la", "Im poor you richer" and all those audioflirting is not appreciated here.

Last edited by Protagonist; 06-09-2013 at 03:16 AM..
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

First of, I was never impressed by Westone's UM1. it sounds very thin, the bass impact is almost non-existent and it sounds extremely dry to me.

For would-be buyers, please try this before you purchase it. I had no idea why people choose the Um1 over the e2c back then. I obviously got the e2c and didn regret it.
Noirkw likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

2nd, the RSA Tomahawk.

A kind guy lent it to me once to audition, if im not wrong was on ipod,tomahawk to my e530's. interconnects unsure what it was. maybe it was the ipod (cant remmeb which gen) but it sounds straight up like a volume increaser, none of the beautiful things made out in the reviews online.

I was totally dissapointed, but had to put up an "impressive" face in case I dissapoint the nice guy who lent it to me
Noirkw likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #4

I always tell my kids not to use the word 'hate' (same as those 'S' words)...

Anyway, I don't like ER4P/ER4S due to their deep insertion and thin/bright sound (IMO), and I don't like Klipsch IEMs due to their bad cables (too weak and microphonic). Had a Sony XBA-3 which I didn't like much either. So far that's about it.
fengwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #5

No offense, but I feel like there's more product bashing here than actual constructive feedback for would-be buyers.

Many times, the impression for the product is formed under less than ideal environments like ambient noise, lack of synergy in gear, limited time spent on product and more importantly, sound signature preference, among many other factors.

I was never impressed by Westone's UM1. it sounds very thin, the bass impact is almost non-existent and it sounds extremely dry to me.

I had no idea why people choose the Um1 over the e2c back then. I obviously got the e2c and didn regret it.
The above points highlight the fact that sound is a very subjective topic, and by adding the idea that you feel e2c is better without elaboration makes it seem like a biased opinion (bass, dry sound etc.)

I can understand the reason to manage hype but this seems more of a bash fest. If I may suggest, if you feel like a product is being hyped on a certain thread, you could post your feedback of the product and encourage the readers to demo the product before purchasing, and if possible, perhaps recommend a location where they can find the product to demo it.

Just my two cents.
FatalethaL and paul02 like this.
SenGuards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

No offense, but I feel like there's more product bashing here than actual constructive feedback for would-be buyers.

Many times, the impression for the product is formed under less than ideal environments like ambient noise, lack of synergy in gear, limited time spent on product and more importantly, sound signature preference, among many other factors.

The above points highlight the fact that sound is a very subjective topic, and by adding the idea that you feel e2c is better without elaboration makes it seem like a biased opinion (bass, dry sound etc.)

I can understand the reason to manage hype but this seems more of a bash fest. If I may suggest, if you feel like a product is being hyped on a certain thread, you could post your feedback of the product and encourage the readers to demo the product before purchasing, and if possible, perhaps recommend a location where they can find the product to demo it.

Just my two cents.
fair enough.. fair enough.. trying to keep things real ma. isnt a bashfest like u said. I mean some people may feel that they dont like a certain iem, but what if everyone else is praising it? surely there must be a place to raise the opinion isnt it?

yes if you refer to my first post i may have said it, but YMMV. some people's love is others hate. im not bashing anything YET. just commenting about how i feel.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Great Supremacy Member

everyone's ear are different
we hear different thing from one another
one man's meat might be another's poison

this thread is a total nonsense
Old 05-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

fair enough.. fair enough.. trying to keep things real ma. isnt a bashfest like u said. I mean some people may feel that they dont like a certain iem, but what if everyone else is praising it? surely there must be a place to raise the opinion isnt it?

yes if you refer to my first post i may have said it, but YMMV. some people's love is others hate. im not bashing anything YET. just commenting about how i feel.
True, but I think better channels would be to reply to threads or post where you feel a product is being hyped. If everyone posts what they dislike on this thread instead of on the actual product's thread, I would question the amount of reach of posts here, as it is less likely for buyers to read all the posts here to search for a feedback on the product.

In summary, better to post a reply on where the product was mentioned/hyped as that is where would-be buyers would read compared to a thread filled with dislikes for all sorts of products.
SenGuards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
Master Member

True, but I think better channels would be to reply to threads or post where you feel a product is being hyped. If everyone posts what they dislike on this thread instead of on the actual product's thread, I would question the amount of reach of posts here, as it is less likely for buyers to read all the posts here to search for a feedback on the product.

In summary, better to post a reply on where the product was mentioned/hyped as that is where would-be buyers would read compared to a thread filled with dislikes for all sorts of products.
You do know when certain threads are full of appreciators, and you just go in and bash the product, you're stepping on land mine right?
Not everyone here is appreciative of negative comments, although I see more importance in negativity than positivism.

The thing with most people is that they rather not post anything than posting something bad for fear of getting flamed. But then you're also right about this thread being a mix-bag of product impressions here and there.
SenGuards likes this.
angel99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Master Member

Westone 4. Too flat? It's been years since I last heard it, but that always have been my impression on it
aerolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

I think the idea of this thread is good. But we know it wont work out. Coz different ppl prefer different type of sig.
For some ppl, a bass heavy earphone to them might be some what no bass to those basshead.
It really depends on the individual's preference and signature liking. And not everyone listen things the same. So what we hear might not be what others are hearing also.
This thread will end up become a bashing thread at the end.
Rubick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
Master Member

Close this fail thread pls. It's the same logic like creating a thread for what singer do you hate. Pure flame bait thread.
Taeyeonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
Master Member

A thread for what do you love/like would be more practical. Posting pictures of your audio gears and write positive feedback and reviews for ppl who are hunting for gears.
Taeyeonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

You do know when certain threads are full of appreciators, and you just go in and bash the product, you're stepping on land mine right?
Not everyone here is appreciative of negative comments, although I see more importance in negativity than positivism.

The thing with most people is that they rather not post anything than posting something bad for fear of getting flamed. But then you're also right about this thread being a mix-bag of product impressions here and there.
yeah youre right well at least I tried hahaha idea was there could be done better really.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Close this fail thread pls. It's the same logic like creating a thread for what singer do you hate. Pure flame bait thread.
and creating a what singer do you love thread? alot of difference?

sorry but I feel theres more honesty in disliking stuff than in the sweet nectar of over-praising stuff that dont deserve to be cuddled.

dont even need to name products that are overhyped, go to bazaar side can see alot of ppl letting go of same "top notch" stuff.

true liking depends on one's individual taste. it applies for this thread. it ALSO applies to lovey dovey threads what. so you own something, you love it you expect others to love it to meh?

still depends on individual taste dude.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.