1964 Ears

Seth Lee

Reaction score

Yes mine is not perfectly build and the finishing of 1964 can be better and again I am happy for what i paid :) and more important is the SQ 😁😁

here is the official, the v6s is being offered at sgd1399 and a launch promo of sgd1299 including refits should the need arise :s12:

but not sure the next pay cheque will come in time :(

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to listen to the 1964s.

Across the range is actually pretty good. What was surprising was how close the tonality of the 1964s are to the JH Audio's JH13 (pre-freqphase). So for those wanting a JH 13-like sound, may find the 1964s a value for money alternative.

Although they have the same tonality as JH13, the range, including V6 and V6stage, have a less resolving nature. The accuracy in translating the music is somewhat lesser in an A/B with the JH13. V6 and V6s each have their own lifts here and there, in the mids and highs, to differentiate themselves from each other and the JH13. This give them a somewhat personalized character, which is a good thing.

And i believe it will only improve with more burn-in given they're fairly new.

The demo fit were a bit of a handful, so my impressions should be taken with some care.

aamaterasu

Reaction score
here is the official, the v6s is being offered at sgd1399 and a launch promo of sgd1299 including refits should the need arise :s12:

going direct might be a better choice imho.At that price it is even higher than um miracle which is 1.2k only.

Probably there is more hassle but you can have direct contact with 1964 if you have any impromptu change of request. But if you prefer a hassle free process, i think the price might be worth it.

my 2cents

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can always order direct, no need to pray that your pay cheque comes earlier or not and still enjoy a wonderful price for the V6S.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spent ~2hrs at e1 yesterday trying out the VEs and the 1964s. i think i'll just mention both and copy and paste, since i listened to all at one go so naturally will cross-compare.

first off with the VEs...

started with stage 2, not expecting too much since it's the lowest model. i got a pleasant surprise. it's the sig i like, though i could do with a little more resolution. it has a very nice body and musicality, coupled with a little rolled off snappy treble yet with zero sibilance, i'm enjoying it so much i could just go on forever without getting fatique.

stage 3 thins out a teeny bit while retaining a very nice bass texture and has better resolution and clarity. however i wasn't quite happy with the treble. i felt it sounded a bit flat and artificial compared to the stage 2.

stage 4 is like stage 3 on steroids. didn't like the bass quantity. i felt it's too overwhelming and will easily induce fatique.

basically, in stage 2, i wished for stage 3's clarity and resolution. in stage 3, i wished for stage 2's treble.

comparing with the 1964s....

v3.... it's like a thinner/weaker stage 3. i prefer the v3's treble decay though. it sounded more natural.

v4.... aiyo... didn't like it at all. seems to V sounding. bass quantity too much for me, and upper mids was a tad bright.

v6.... my most preferred 1964 among the 3. it's like a refined v3 with more muscle and body. it's like balancing between the VE stage 2 and 3. the positive is, the VEs seem to be tuned to be sibilance-free. it's very ear-friendly, but when i listened to the v6, it adds back the right sparkle at the right spots which i really liked. the Sses have the kind of shimmer that tickles the ears but didn't breach my threshold to become sibilant.

v6s was not available so didn't get to try that.

overall feel:

the VEs seem to be less airy, and perhaps a little faster treble decay especially with the stage 2. the 1964s seem to be airier and have a more natural treble decay and a nice sparkle.

i did a quick a-b between VE stage 2 and 334/alo sxc-24. 334 has a more emphasized upper mids which makes the vocals open up a bit. i like both and it would be difficult to definitively conclude which one i prefer, although the stage 2 does stand a very good chance. it's a matter of signature, and i really love the stage 2's.

i spent much lesser time with the 1964s so exactly where does the v6 stand among the VE, i think i have to give them another go to have a better feel. just one thing for sure if factoring in VE, the v3 and v4 are confirmed out of my consideration (together with the stage 4).

however, except for v4, i preferred the rest to any of the rooth demos i've tested recently.... the ls4, lsx5, ls6, ls8 and ls8+. i was actually enjoying all the VEs and 1964s (less the v4) but wasn't enjoying any of the rooths at all when i tried them recently. they just sounded a bit off to me. however the pricing difference may suggest some reasonable expectations from the respective models but for this impression i just put pricing aside la.

my overall preference from most preferred:

legend:
> : slight preference
>> : normal degree of preference
>>> : can actually consider out liao

VE stage 2 > 1964 v6 >> VE stage 3 > 1964 v3 > VE stage 4 >>> 1964 v4

source: dx50 fw1.2.2

music: small selection of my usual stuff... olivia ong, maroon 5, stacey kent, bob acri etc. this time in wav, no more mp3 :s13:

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went e1 again today to listen to the v6s and spend more time with the rest. end up still prefer v6 to v6s. v6s has a slightly heavier bass and is tighter but didn't like the treble. felt it was abit "pinched" and came off a tad peaky.

spent most of the time swapping to and fro v6 and stage 2. can't have the best of both worlds i guess. so my revised preference:

VE stage 2 = 1964 v6 >> VE stage 3 > 1964 v3 > 1964 v6s = VE stage 4 >>> 1964 v4

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went e1 again today to listen to the v6s and spend more time with the rest. end up still prefer v6 to v6s. v6s has a slightly heavier bass and is tighter but didn't like the treble. felt it was abit "pinched" and came off a tad peaky.

spent most of the time swapping to and fro v6 and stage 2. can't have the best of both worlds i guess. so my revised preference:

VE stage 2 = 1964 v6 >> VE stage 3 > 1964 v3 > 1964 v6s = VE stage 4 >>> 1964 v4

then went e1 again and change preference again :s13:

Aegis_Yeo

Reaction score
I would like a review please. Looking at V6, V6-Stage and UM Miracle and UM Mage. Skipping the Merlin cos they are too bass heavy.

Hmmmm I can do a review for v6s in 2 or 3 weeks but as for the other iems might be a bit hard. Although based on demo units only and using v6s as the bridging point, v6's soundstage is smaller and bass is a lot less but your clarity and clarity comes out a lot more. Comparing with merlin, I can't say for sure that the bass of the v6stage is as heavy or on par with the merlin but I feel it's quite near and the overall presentation is more shiok than the merlin for my ears. Miracles wise, I personally like it for the details but I can be really piercing for some songs. Do note that I'm not saying that I'm for sure correct as this is based on the sound I like and I could not try the um models with the 1964 models next to each other so until I do that, take what I say with a pinch of salt; p

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And who might that be?:s8:

Last edited:

finclk82

Reaction score
1964ears having promo for international orders.

Check out Music Sanctuary's facebook post. Not sure if E1 also having this promo. Today is the last day though!

https://www.facebook.com/musicsanctuary249?fref=ts

10609582_329177827260739_3083579727618392796_n.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.