2014: What were your best and worst hoots?

Kiatseng36

Reaction score
Definitely more impressed with Flow than Hugo

As I always say the both of them seem to start from different premise: the Hugo is a portable which can double up as part of a desktop rig, while the Flow starts off by being a transportable for your laptop (hence the user installable mSATA SSD capacity) which can also be used as a portable.

The Hugo is certainly musical. Colored but musical. The Flow tends towards being more neutral but with the option of filters for PCM and DSD.

As for which is better, it really depends on what you are looking for and what is your preferred sound signature. I am fortunate that I just enjoy the music. :)

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As I always say the both of them seem to start from different premise: the Hugo is a portable which can double up as part of a desktop rig, while the Flow starts off by being a transportable for your laptop (hence the user installable mSATA SSD capacity) which can also be used as a portable.

The Hugo is certainly musical. Colored but musical. The Flow tends towards being more neutral but with the option of filters for PCM and DSD.

As for which is better, it really depends on what you are looking for and what is your preferred sound signature. I am fortunate that I just enjoy the music. :)

Agreed.
Lucky we have wider range of appreciation

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course, Kenz thinks I have too wide a range at times. ;)

He only stick to that few brands. Of coz he would think it that way. At least he step out from Jh, he is making an effort to appreciate more :x
I sense a incoming bomb from him soon!

Kiatseng36

Reaction score
He only stick to that few brands. Of coz he would think it that way. At least he step out from Jh, he is making an effort to appreciate more :x

Heheh! Umbrellas open...!

Let's try to catch up again soon. I've been a bit tied up because I'm pretending to hold down an office job again. That comes with some inconvenience...

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heheh! Umbrellas open...!

Let's try to catch up again soon. I've been a bit tied up because I'm pretending to hold down an office job again. That comes with some inconvenience...

Anytime! I guess many more hoots coming your way!
Hear say fitear aya and fitear fitear demo coming in this month or next. :s34:

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Of course, Kenz thinks I have too wide a range at times. ;)

Tsk tsk ... far too wide my dear Kiat :s13:

Both the Hugo and Flow are amazing transportable to me.

Hugo has fantastic acoustic reproduction and highly nimble to handle most genre. It has its own flavor to stand on its own.

The Flow is musical to a fault, and brings a good dose of body to the music. Whatever you throw at it, the music just sounds enjoyable as music should be enjoyed.

Having either, and we should be fortunate to enjoy our music quite a fair bit.
Having both, .... well ... if we could be so lucky. ;)

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score

Boo! :vijayadmin:

We all have our preference, can't fault me for that right? :s8:

Layla and Angie are coming .. who knows?

Currently having way too much fun with my Legend R. :)

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score

Well kiat, u know my sig.
Hee.

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boo! :vijayadmin:

We all have our preference, can't fault me for that right? :s8:

Layla and Angie are coming .. who knows?

Currently having way too much fun with my Legend R. :)

Am quite sure u will hoot either or both :x
You are not name Singapore ultimate jh **** for no reason ahahhaha.
But I guess angie and layla will be good to audition, since it is jh first try on something that will be reference sounding

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Am quite sure u will hoot either or both :x
You are not name Singapore ultimate jh **** for no reason ahahhaha.
But I guess angie and layla will be good to audition, since it is jh first try on something that will be reference sounding

Sure :s8:

We'll see how that goes. Jerry Harvey makes great sounding custom in-ear monitors and the original JH13pro has been my reference for a very long time.

Kiatseng36

Reaction score
Tsk tsk ... far too wide my dear Kiat :s13:

Both the Hugo and Flow are amazing transportable to me.

Hugo has fantastic acoustic reproduction and highly nimble to handle most genre. It has its own flavor to stand on its own.

The Flow is musical to a fault, and brings a good dose of body to the music. Whatever you throw at it, the music just sounds enjoyable as music should be enjoyed.

Having either, and we should be fortunate to enjoy our music quite a fair bit.
Having both, .... well ... if we could be so lucky. ;)

Lips, do not unpurse.... ;)

Kiatseng36

Reaction score
Anytime! I guess many more hoots coming your way!
Hear say fitear aya and fitear fitear demo coming in this month or next. :s34:

Hmm... As Kenz and Guan22 will tell you, there have been a few since the last time... ;p

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... As Kenz and Guan22 will tell you, there have been a few since the last time... ;p

I suppose if they were to list out the stuff that you did not hoot will be a much shorter list!

Kiatseng36

Reaction score
Haha! You guys give me too much credit. :) Anyway, focusing thin trying to get the desktop rig to a decent state. Just sent the DAC back for upgrading the board so that I can playback DSD 128 and DXD, and a fuse bypass. During the two weeks it is away, the transportables have to step up to the plate. Quite pleased thus far once I get away from making unreasonable comparisons with the desktop DAC. :)

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
Have to say though, FitEar FitEar is a name on the levels of Ferrari LaFerrari.

(and since Sirens are, mythologically speaking, genderless, you could have JH JH. Something I suspect Kenny to have a predisposition for.)

Last edited:

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Have to say though, FitEar FitEar is a name on the levels of Ferrari LaFerrari.

(and since Sirens are, mythologically speaking, genderless, you could have JH JH. Something I suspect Kenny to have a predisposition for.)

Oi ... :vijayadmin:

borrow from Guannie, zzzeeeeeeebbbbaaaaaiiiii Licky :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.