HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Acoustic Werkes CIEM

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #16

I went down to their clarke quay shop but unfortunately it still under renovation. Should be open by 21st May according to their FB page.
jerome1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

I have a problem getting a good fit with universal IEMs. So I'm looking to get a cIEM for gym use that isn't too expensive and these seem to be a good deal.

Sadly, as mentioned before, after seeing my impressions Kevin from Null audio told me that A1D will be difficult to make due to the larger bore it requires.

So I might ask them to tune the A2H with a bit more bass.

P.S: At this price I'm really not expecting to sound anywhere close to the Merlin or SE846. What I want is an engaging and fun IEM that keeps me motivated during my workouts.
An iem between 846 and merlin... I recommend rooth ls4
GotBetrayed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #18

Any comments on the Rooth LSX 10 drivers or the LS-8+... seems can't find any reviews on the LSX...
sinus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why don't you go try it yourself?
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #20

Ya lor... good answer... but seems online not many user reviews ler...
Old 17-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

For 10 drivers the ones that are more commonly discussed are the UM Mentor and Noble Kaiser 10.

Like I said, the best is to go and audition them yourself.

Because the reviewer's ears and your ears are not the same. How you guys hear are different, and preferences are different.
Aegis_Yeo likes this.
Old 18-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #22

For AAW three variants; which one is much closer to TF10 sound signature? TF10 and ue700 is my only balance armature reference iems that i'm using right now. I want to try the aaw models and kindly share some thoughts before I run to null audio.
eclipse.mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nothing beats going down to hear them yourself.
Old 18-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #24

Guys..... at The Central now.... Null Audio empty and looks like closed.... website says it should be open. Wanted to demo the AAW iems.

Edit: retard move didn't see previous posts. Though another guy also was there expecting it to be open
Lookingforiems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #25
Master Member

For 10 drivers the ones that are more commonly discussed are the UM Mentor and Noble Kaiser 10.

Like I said, the best is to go and audition them yourself.

Because the reviewer's ears and your ears are not the same. How you guys hear are different, and preferences are different.
Have tried both UM Mentor and Kaiser 10.

My choice, the UM Mentor.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #26

Guys..... at The Central now.... Null Audio empty and looks like closed.... website says it should be open. Wanted to demo the AAW iems.

Edit: retard move didn't see previous posts. Though another guy also was there expecting it to be open
Bro, I went down there, trying to find the shop. I see the Facebook page and saw that they open at 1pm. I left, went back at 1, then saw shop under renovation. I then saw they had another shop at peninsula shopping centre, headed there, to find that it was some art shop. Damn suay.
jerome1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #27

Bro, I went down there, trying to find the shop. I see the Facebook page and saw that they open at 1pm. I left, went back at 1, then saw shop under renovation. I then saw they had another shop at peninsula shopping centre, headed there, to find that it was some art shop. Damn suay.

Haha maybe a bit of miscomms there. I think Kevin doesn't update FB or the website often. In fact, I asked him whether the store would be open on FB at ard 2 and he only replied at 10
Lookingforiems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #28

Haha maybe a bit of miscomms there. I think Kevin doesn't update FB or the website often. In fact, I asked him whether the store would be open on FB at ard 2 and he only replied at 10
Yea, I have to say communication with them isn't the best and requires a lot of patience. I sent an email to Kevin over a week ago and haven't heard back from him yet. So I emailed customer support and even with them it can take 2-3 days before you get a reply. If you're lucky they'll reply within a couple hours though.
cpxmkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #29

Short Review on AAW & Null audio

Went to the shop today to do some auditioning on the 3 different types of AAW. Prefer the A2H series, good bass,good music. Whereas for A1D, good music but in term of bass, weaker. Those who like slightly lighter bass can go for A1D. A1D is slightly better shure 215e though. A2H in my opinion, is a level up S215e.

Most importantly, i really like their new shop concept and services. Makes me feel like a real customer, even had a small discussion with the person in charge on the design. There are sample faceplate and shell for customers to mix and match while sitting on their sofa LOL. Really free to audition those iems as well. i believe most of you all here will understand what i mean i.e. no "staring' stress from staff. Another thing to look out for is their "localized services"-AAW(Made in Singapore) though the earphone drivers are from US.
zxtay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #30

Likely Will drop by tomolo... by the way, what promo they having now? Good discounts?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.