HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Acoustic Werkes CIEM

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #76

Really?? Went on Saturday dun have sia...
What's the difference?
W500 is a 1DD + 4 BA configuration with 3 adjustable sound signature dial built on the shell. It comes with a Vitesse Black Edition Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Copper Earphone Cable as default.

Must ask one ar? Not on the table on the left leh

I didn't know of its existence lol
It is not launched offically yet. I didn't ask, I just happened to be there on the day which Kelvin 1st brought the prototype in.

He offered a chance for my friend and I to test it out and give feedbacks, I even nailed the price which they have set internally...

I regular customer that's why lol. The owner ask me hear w500 and ask for my opinions. I simply told him my opinions and hope that they can further fine tune it. I guess I heard the prototype. But the level of refinement vs merlin is huge. Merlin and ls5 way too inferior in my opinion. If u like alot of bass and stuff go for merlin, w500 has a Soundstage that makes it sound like u are sitting in the middle of the auditorium.
I agree with you that it sounds better than merlin and LS5 for sure and it got the great soundstage.

Tested it with AK240 + DSD tracks...
Legend2127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #77
Master Member

Ooo the final one will have adjustable sound signature too?
deaththeorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #78

W500 is a 1DD + 4 BA configuration with 3 adjustable sound signature dial built on the shell. It comes with a Vitesse Black Edition Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Copper Earphone Cable as default.

It is not launched offically yet. I didn't ask, I just happened to be there on the day which Kelvin 1st brought the prototype in.

He offered a chance for my friend and I to test it out and give feedbacks, I even nailed the price which they have set internally...

I agree with you that it sounds better than merlin and LS5 for sure and it got the great soundstage.

Tested it with AK240 + DSD tracks...
Not the best news to hear for a 3-day old Merlin owner... hahaha!

I did try the W300 months ago and felt that the soundstage was tooooo wide and separation was tooooo much to my liking, which resulted in music that is a little difficult for me to focus. Just my opinion though.
burping_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #79
Master Member

I did try the W300 months ago and felt that the soundstage was tooooo wide and separation was tooooo much to my liking, which resulted in music that is a little difficult for me to focus. Just my opinion though.
Yaaaa! Like in some stadium. Damn gay the soundstage.
Old 25-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #80
Master Member

Anyway I sent in my old old old um3x in for reshell and add the w100 driver... What do the experienced members think? Bad decisions good decisions
Old 25-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #81

Yaaaa! Like in some stadium. Damn gay the soundstage.
Like that my roxanne's soundstage is like what?

personal preference leh...
Old 25-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #82

Haven tried the Roxanne before so no comments, but cannot imagine if is going to be even wider than W300...

From Livewires Dual to Merlin, the soundstage already increased significantly for me.

If it is wide but very thin & lean in between the vast space then is probably not for me. But if it is wide but very lush and filled then i might get poisoned...
burping_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #83

Haven tried the Roxanne before so no comments, but cannot imagine if is going to be even wider than W300...

From Livewires Dual to Merlin, the soundstage already increased significantly for me.

If it is wide but very thin & lean in between the vast space then is probably not for me. But if it is wide but very lush and filled then i might get poisoned...
U better keep your cards at home then...
Old 25-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #84
Master Member

Roxanne even wider??
I already can't imagine myself listening to w300 for long sia :/ same as burping boy I find it excessive
Old 25-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #85
Supremacy Member

Roxanne even wider??
I already can't imagine myself listening to w300 for long sia :/ same as burping boy I find it excessive
I feel roxanne Soundstage lose to w500. Go hear both. I feel the w500 tuning better than roxanne. Iem doesn't mean more driver mean better.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #86
Master Member

I feel roxanne Soundstage lose to w500. Go hear both. I feel the w500 tuning better than roxanne. Iem doesn't mean more driver mean better.
Very true... Like I felt that a1d was better than a2h
Old 25-08-2014, 11:38 PM   #87
Supremacy Member

To be honest I think w300 is the best model in aaw currently. W500 wider Soundstage but in terms of vocal intimacy, clarity, static imaging, separation and prat, not as fine tuned as w300. Maybe the w500 final version will deserve the title of flagship. But atm, w300 wins merlin, ls4 ls5, miracles etc. The high frequency sound emitted from it is damn imba.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #88

Anyone know how does the A2H-V compare to like, maybe the GR07. At first I was saving up to get the Noble 3C or 1964 V3, then now there's a Singapore based CIEM company with cheap price.
Gryphus0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #89
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone know how does the A2H-V compare to like, maybe the GR07. At first I was saving up to get the Noble 3C or 1964 V3, then now there's a Singapore based CIEM company with cheap price.
Why don't you go down and try all of the ciems you have in mind?

If you like what you hear, the decision will come naturally.
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #90
Master Member

Never heard the gr07 but I'd like to mention that the v versions have a mid hump rather than a v shaped sound sig contrary to what I expected when I saw the name
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.