Acoustic Werkes CIEM

jelt2359

Reaction score
I like both the W300 and W500 a lot, but when I asked if this was a duo-flagship type of scenario, Null Audio told me that they only have one flagship, and it is the W500.

Which one you prefer (300 vs 500 vs others) is of course up to you, as they both sound quite different.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one requested for longer canals? AAW ciems till before 2nd bend of ear right that was what I was told when I sent in my iem for reshell :s11: Will it sound better if the canal is longer?? :o (loved deep fit of er4s)

It depends. Just do the shell according to your impressions can le

icecapt

Reaction score
No one requested for longer canals? AAW ciems till before 2nd bend of ear right that was what I was told when I sent in my iem for reshell :s11: Will it sound better if the canal is longer?? :o (loved deep fit of er4s)
Mine the right side seemed to go beyond the 2nd bend..But that's because my bend is earlier than normal i think

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well when I tried to request for longer canals, the person like quite reluctant and tried dissuade me leh :s11:

Try to go the normal way don't act zai. Deep insertion could be damaging to your ears. Sound may not be good as well.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well when I tried to request for longer canals, the person like quite reluctant and tried dissuade me leh :s11:

reason is that, their tuning is based on the depth of the canals.

any longer... or shorter, would have a sonic effect in delivering the intended sound signature.

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys :o

Did not visit here for quite a while now :(

If you guys don't remember, I hooted the M20 right after my final O level paper last year and got the free 3 weeks expedite + discounted price and upgraded to Arete cable. Said that I will GPGT but never got to it :(

I was at Soundwaves earlier to audition the Custom Art lineup and the person working there was using UE TF10 + Effect Audio cable.

I didn't hear the TF10 before so I asked if I could borrow his to compare to my M20.

Surprisingly, they sounded very similar. I dare say it almost sounds identical. Almost. Just that the TF10 sounded slightly more refined. But the M20 is up there :s22:

The person there force fit my M20 and he also thought that the M20 almost sounded identical to his TF10 with the exception of the TF10 being more refined and with better separation.

Just food for thought :o

Didn't see many M20 impressions here, if any at all so I'd thought I'd leave this here :(

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not trying to act zai, just want more isolation. Don't be so smart aleck to try shoot everyone down can?

Did I shoot down anyone? Why don't you do it? Request for longer canals and share your findings here.

omtastic

Reaction score
Hi guys :o

Did not visit here for quite a while now :(

If you guys don't remember, I hooted the M20 right after my final O level paper last year and got the free 3 weeks expedite + discounted price and upgraded to Arete cable. Said that I will GPGT but never got to it :(

I was at Soundwaves earlier to audition the Custom Art lineup and the person working there was using UE TF10 + Effect Audio cable.

I didn't hear the TF10 before so I asked if I could borrow his to compare to my M20.

Surprisingly, they sounded very similar. I dare say it almost sounds identical. Almost. Just that the TF10 sounded slightly more refined. But the M20 is up there :s22:

The person there force fit my M20 and he also thought that the M20 almost sounded identical to his TF10 with the exception of the TF10 being more refined and with better separation.

Just food for thought :o

Didn't see many M20 impressions here, if any at all so I'd thought I'd leave this here :(

I am not happy with my M20. It is up for sale in the forums already. I really like the TF10 sound and my M20 sounds nothing like the TF10 IMO.

I am glad you are enjoying the M20 though!

destrozer

Reaction score
Did I shoot down anyone? Why don't you do it? Request for longer canals and share your findings here.

Well, you never had any experience with longer canals as well, right? What makes you think longer canals means act zai? What if it was better?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, you never had any experience with longer canals as well, right? What makes you think longer canals means act zai? What if it was better?

Different companies/manufacturers have different guidelines to the depth of the nozzle for their products, but deep fit is generally associated with musicians because of the need of extra seal they might need.

But yes, in some cases, deeper fit is better. Like my Legend R.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Let the company decide. End of story. If it is indeed better, the company would have done it for everyone already.

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
I am not happy with my M20. It is up for sale in the forums already. I really like the TF10 sound and my M20 sounds nothing like the TF10 IMO.

I am glad you are enjoying the M20 though!

Oh really? :(

I guess it have to be the cables then :s22:

I'm using the M20 with the Arete while the tf10 I tried was using an effect audio cable.

The m20 was a leap of faith for me tho. The end product sounded nothing like the demo so I was surprised that it sounded similar to the tf10(that I tried) :s22:

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw I have tried the stock cable and there is a huge difference from the arete

The arete makes a huge difference and improves the sound tenfolds :o

Totally worth the upgrade imo

icecapt

Reaction score
Btw I have tried the stock cable and there is a huge difference from the arete

The arete makes a huge difference and improves the sound tenfolds :o

Totally worth the upgrade imo

Sure or not, I think I better buy a cable instead of upgrading my iems next time :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.