LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Master Member

Acoustic Werkes CIEM

Null audio have demos of it. Anyone went to try? only 249 for A1D
Spladox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #2

Null audio have demos of it. Anyone went to try? only 249 for A1D
Yes i went to try. for that price A1D is a no brainier for those who want to start small in their ciem adventure.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

bang for buck... and also personalised... jin ho liao.

i like their 1 dynamic driver more than the 2 driver one
KlavierX and Aegis_Yeo like this.
FatalethaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #4

I'm hooting the A2H-V soon.
Now just choosing the shell colour, faceplate colour/insert and maybe custom art.

Didn't like the single dynamic driver. Bass too heavy for me and the vocals weren't as nice as the vocal biased tuned A2H-V.
LongBigBronzeElephantFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

AAW should have my impressions by next week. I am still undecided which model to choose though. Either A2H or A2H-V. Has anyone had the chance to listen to both of them and can share their thoughts?

I have UM Merlin and SE846 as reference. Thanks.
cpxmkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

AAW should have my impressions by next week. I am still undecided which model to choose though. Either A2H or A2H-V. Has anyone had the chance to listen to both of them and can share their thoughts?

I have UM Merlin and SE846 as reference. Thanks.
I think you will like A2H better.
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #7

I think you will like A2H better.
Could you please elaborate and explain why you believe A2H would suit me better?

I like both Merlin and SE846 but they are not perfect IMO. To give you a better idea, here are my thoughts:

Merlin
+ dynamic, powerful, engaging bass
+ good soundstage
- mids are a bit too recessed
- treble extension could be better

SE846
+ compared to Merlin has a more spacious soundstage but I feel the space could be filled up better at times
+ impressive detail / instrument separation, more refined than Merlin
- bass extension is good but sounds dry and lacks body/weight of a dynamic driver and therefore sounds unnatural at times
- highs are too rolled off and lack that extra bit of sparkle even with white filter

I do prefer slightly forward mids which is why I'm considering the V model. But I'm afraid it might lack in bass then. I heard that in terms of bass quantity it goes like A1D > A2H > A2H-V. Since I can't demo them, this information isn't very helpful. This is why I'm asking if anyone living in singapore had the chance to listen to these and can compare against Merlin or SE846 which would be much more helpful for me.

Last edited by cpxmkl; 12-05-2014 at 06:44 PM..
Old 12-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

I personally feel that the 1 driver version has a very unique tuning. Very good for its price.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #9

I personally feel that the 1 driver version has a very unique tuning. Very good for its price.
I have been considering the A1D as well but after they saw my impression I was told that it could prove to be difficult to make them for my ear, since A1D requires a larger sound bore than A2H.
Old 13-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

I have been considering the A1D as well but after they saw my impression I was told that it could prove to be difficult to make them for my ear, since A1D requires a larger sound bore than A2H.
Since u own merlin and 846, why would u get these. Should upgrade to fitear 334
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Could you please elaborate and explain why you believe A2H would suit me better?

I like both Merlin and SE846 but they are not perfect IMO. To give you a better idea, here are my thoughts:

Merlin
+ good soundstage

SE846
+ compared to Merlin has a more spacious soundstage but I feel the space could be filled up better at times
- bass extension is good but sounds dry and lacks body/weight of a dynamic driver and therefore sounds unnatural at times
- highs are too rolled off and lack that extra bit of sparkle even with white filter

I do prefer slightly forward mids which is why I'm considering the V model. But I'm afraid it might lack in bass then. I heard that in terms of bass quantity it goes like A1D > A2H > A2H-V. Since I can't demo them, this information isn't very helpful. This is why I'm asking if anyone living in singapore had the chance to listen to these and can compare against Merlin or SE846 which would be much more helpful for me.
The A2H are tuned to be more neutral sounding compared to their A2H-V cousin, which results in less recessed mids but you lose a bit of the treble sparkle.

But since you have SE846 and Merlin, why not Fitear MH334 or Noble Audio Kaiser 10?
KlavierX likes this.
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Merlin
+ good soundstage

SE846

I can tell you a very honest opinion... it is difficult to find an IEM that sits between Merlin and SE846... As i myself owns a Merlin and also listened to the SE846.

Probably the few IEM can maybe sit in between is the Rooth LS10, Noble K10, Audio Technica IM70, RHA MA600, Xiaomi Piston II, Unique Melody Mentor (maybe?), JVC HA-FX850/750...

But the 1 Driver AcousticWerks is good for its price.... once burn in.. the sound may improve significantly.
Old 14-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #13

I'm currently using the SE215. I assume there is a huge difference between the A1D and my SE215? Really keen to get a CIEM.
jerome1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

I personally find the A1D sounds better than SE215.
Old 15-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #15

I have a problem getting a good fit with universal IEMs. So I'm looking to get a cIEM for gym use that isn't too expensive and these seem to be a good deal.

Sadly, as mentioned before, after seeing my impressions Kevin from Null audio told me that A1D will be difficult to make due to the larger bore it requires.

So I might ask them to tune the A2H with a bit more bass.

P.S: At this price I'm really not expecting to sound anywhere close to the Merlin or SE846. What I want is an engaging and fun IEM that keeps me motivated during my workouts.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.