HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Annoying sounds when I plug in my earphones to my computer audio jack.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #16

Hey, glad you got a good deal! How's the new soundcard?

I'm curious though... that Creative PCI soundcard doesn't have headphone output either right? Did it solve your problem? Or were you just getting it for the features and for better sound on your speakers?

What headphones/earphones are you using, by the way? Just curious.

Are you planning to use a DAC together with the soundcard? You may have to switch devices (in software) when switching from speakers to headphones then... the sound won't come out from both the soundcard AND the DAC at the same time, as far as I know...
Brandon Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #17

Hey, glad you got a good deal! How's the new soundcard?

I'm curious though... that Creative PCI soundcard doesn't have headphone output either right? Did it solve your problem? Or were you just getting it for the features and for better sound on your speakers?

What headphones/earphones are you using, by the way? Just curious.

Are you planning to use a DAC together with the soundcard? You may have to switch devices (in software) when switching from speakers to headphones then... the sound won't come out from both the soundcard AND the DAC at the same time, as far as I know...
thanks the soundcard's great. it did help to reduce the noise significantly. i'm also pleasantly surprised that they provided a headphone with mic in the packaging sounds great after activating x-fi crystalizer.

the soundcard only has one output for 2.1 speakers and the same output for headphones. but i connected my front panel outputs to the card via a 2x5pin. when using headphones, i can still hear a bit of noise at the background, i believe its the casing's lousy wiring that is causing the noise. maybe some sleeving might help but i'm too lazy this is gd enough for me for now.

am using the creative given headphones now, sent my beyerdynamic dt231 in for repairs yesterday. think it uplorry liao. any headphones to recommend?
lifesgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #18

last time upgrade from a very very old 4.1 creative speakers to aegoM, i was very impressed at all the extra sound i get to listen to from the same old songs that i have.

and now, aegoM match with a soundcard, all i can say is my ears are very very happy
Old 17-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #19

good luck with the x-fi audio... i think for 74$ its a good deal, considering the next step, x-fi titanium is about twice of it...
nismo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #20

good luck with the x-fi audio... i think for 74$ its a good deal, considering the next step, x-fi titanium is about twice of it...
thx. well it provides what i need for now more than happy alrdy.
Old 18-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #21

haha sure. im also using it... my onboard even went completely dead., no sound at all...

the x-fi audio at that price is considered good already... enable my front panel back and sounds better than onboard... plus free headset. lol
nismo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #22

am using the creative given headphones now, sent my beyerdynamic dt231 in for repairs yesterday. think it uplorry liao. any headphones to recommend?
Hey, I have that too! Actually, I bought it for my wife some time back. Nice set of headphones!

I'm currently using the Audiotechnica ATH-AD300 headphones. I like it for the clear, open and natural sound... it's pretty neutral sounding, not too bassy and not too punchy. And I really love the comfort... especially with its "Self-adjusting 3D Wing Support Housing" which you'll get on their entire ATH-Axxx and ATH-ADxxx range. Best of all, it only costs $80! Good enough for me... for music and movies anyway. Not sure about games though. You may want to look for something with more bass and punch.

Ah yeah, the AD300 is open-backed, so some sound will leak out... I'm not sure if it will wake the wife. :p The entry-level closed-back model (in this series) would be the ATH-A500.

Well... hope your Beyerdynamic DT231 comes back ok.
Brandon Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #23

Hey, I have that too! Actually, I bought it for my wife some time back. Nice set of headphones!

I'm currently using the Audiotechnica ATH-AD300 headphones. I like it for the clear, open and natural sound... it's pretty neutral sounding, not too bassy and not too punchy. And I really love the comfort... especially with its "Self-adjusting 3D Wing Support Housing" which you'll get on their entire ATH-Axxx and ATH-ADxxx range. Best of all, it only costs $80! Good enough for me... for music and movies anyway. Not sure about games though. You may want to look for something with more bass and punch.

Ah yeah, the AD300 is open-backed, so some sound will leak out... I'm not sure if it will wake the wife. :p The entry-level closed-back model (in this series) would be the ATH-A500.

Well... hope your Beyerdynamic DT231 comes back ok.
yeah hope my headphones is repairable. although its still an entry level headphone, the sound produced was much better than some expensive branded headphones i have tried. else then time to upgrade
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.