Any good earphones for running?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Any good earphones for running?

any bro got good recommendation?
Kaixis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

Looking for some wireless ones also, can be either true wireless, or just bluetooth ones, in which case it must be magnetic and able to "clip" into a necklace config.
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:29 AM   #3

B&O H5

HamsterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

Plantronics BackBeat Fit
fnpb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #5

Nuforce BeSports 3
slayer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #6

Looking for some wireless ones also, can be either true wireless, or just bluetooth ones, in which case it must be magnetic and able to "clip" into a necklace config.
The new B&O E8 is quite good. ordered a unit and waiting for it now....
musicsg_com likes this.
Jason8811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #7

Am using jabra elite for running. I'm not too sure about others but for jabra, it fits really well I never have an issue of the buds falling off and most impt is no drop connection.
musicsg_com likes this.
Coless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #8

If you are using specifically for running, then I also recommend Jabra Elite Sport. It comes with heart-rate monitor so that you can connect to the fitness apps to track your progress. the Jabra app also has voice coaching to give you motivation.

The earbuds are really chunky, and if you have small ears, it might feel really tight, so that may be of concern.

It is also sweat-friendly, and after runs you can wash it in running water.

In terms of audio quality, Beoplay H5 and E8 are quite impressive, very audiophile sound, bright treble, nice bass. H5 cable is braided, and gets dirty easily. E8 is true-wireless, looks clean and small enough, but Beoplay earphones do not have ear-fins to hook to the ears, so there is a risk of dropped if you do not wear tight enough or if you have sweaty ears.

If you do not need fancy voice coaching or HRM, then I would like to recommend V-MODA Forza Metallo Wireless. It's one of the lightest and slimmest neckband. Due to the design, the cables do not slide to one side causing the cable to tug to one ear or slide off the neck when hanging around the neck. It is sweatproof. Retail is S$289.

For more traditional wireless earbuds, try Jaybird Freedom or X3. Freedom earbuds are super small but battery only 4 hours. X3 has longer battery but earbuds protrude out of the ears. Both have earfins to secure the earbuds to the ears, and cable tie to keep them close the head to prevent cable swing. The Jaybird app can customise the sound, very good for picky listeners. Both are selling less than S$200 after discount.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #9

Any with FM radio function?
schmeichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #10

None of the branded earphones have FM radio, but those from China does.

Alternatively, how about earphones with built-in storage? You can then download music and listen.

Another alternative: this Sony bluetooth headset connects to normal earphones via 3.5mm cable (earphones included but you can swap to your favourite earphones).

https://www.lazada.sg/sony-sbh54-ste...-14152170.html

Reviewed it 2 years back, you can read for more functional details.
http://musicphotolife.com/2015/12/so...eadset-review/
mcylo likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #11

Yamaha apt wireless
creative_vitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #12

If you are using specifically for running, then I also recommend Jabra Elite Sport. It comes with heart-rate monitor so that you can connect to the fitness apps to track your progress. the Jabra app also has voice coaching to give you motivation.

The earbuds are really chunky, and if you have small ears, it might feel really tight, so that may be of concern.

It is also sweat-friendly, and after runs you can wash it in running water.

In terms of audio quality, Beoplay H5 and E8 are quite impressive, very audiophile sound, bright treble, nice bass. H5 cable is braided, and gets dirty easily. E8 is true-wireless, looks clean and small enough, but Beoplay earphones do not have ear-fins to hook to the ears, so there is a risk of dropped if you do not wear tight enough or if you have sweaty ears.

If you do not need fancy voice coaching or HRM, then I would like to recommend V-MODA Forza Metallo Wireless. It's one of the lightest and slimmest neckband. Due to the design, the cables do not slide to one side causing the cable to tug to one ear or slide off the neck when hanging around the neck. It is sweatproof. Retail is S$289.

For more traditional wireless earbuds, try Jaybird Freedom or X3. Freedom earbuds are super small but battery only 4 hours. X3 has longer battery but earbuds protrude out of the ears. Both have earfins to secure the earbuds to the ears, and cable tie to keep them close the head to prevent cable swing. The Jaybird app can customise the sound, very good for picky listeners. Both are selling less than S$200 after discount.

The Jabra Elite is really good and fit my ears perfectly. Those with smaller ear canals better to try them before you purchase though as the nozzle seems to be quite big.
musicsg_com likes this.
dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #13

I second this. Been using it and can say it is just awesome. Great battery life and reliable performance. An open design seals the deal for me.

Backbeat Fit :-
Stable and comfort with a flexible neckband design
Waterproof design that meets IP57 rating plus sweatproof nano-coating
Interactive audio coaching and workouts
Enjoy your music while remaining alert to your surroundings
Up to 10 m wireless range
With up to 8 hrs of listening from a single charge
Battery voice alerts

To view picture 3w.stargate.com.sg/product/backbeat-fit/
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

None of the branded earphones have FM radio, but those from China does.

Alternatively, how about earphones with built-in storage? You can then download music and listen.

Another alternative: this Sony bluetooth headset connects to normal earphones via 3.5mm cable (earphones included but you can swap to your favourite earphones).

https://www.lazada.sg/sony-sbh54-ste...-14152170.html

Reviewed it 2 years back, you can read for more functional details.
http://musicphotolife.com/2015/12/so...eadset-review/
Rather just get this and you can clip onto your shirt than run.

That Sony SBH54 is good but buggy.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #15
Greater Supremacy Member

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.