Astell & Kern AK320

Dysprosium

Reaction score
From AK's FB page:

New Limited AK Reference Player will be announced on monday!
The AK xxx! Under 2000€
Available only till end of January 2016!
and
new headphones by JH coming in 2016!

Not csb huan. :eek:

Seth Lee

Reaction score
From AK's FB page:

New Limited AK Reference Player will be announced on monday!
The AK xxx! Under 2000€
Available only till end of January 2016!
and
new headphones by JH coming in 2016!

Not csb huan. :eek:

the new AK3xx will debut at ISSE next weekend

crazypaladin

Reaction score
New product in such a short span of time after releasing AK380 and AK Jr. I wonder what segment of music players is AK targeting this time round.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lower end than AK380 but higher end than AK240?!

No, it's a new series implemented by Astell & Kern. It's was price at $2599 which is lower than the AK240.

Sound for flac format I find is better than the AK380.

fumoffuXx

Reaction score
AK320 no horse run.......except for DSD....beats everything about the AK380. Sound Sig..similar to the AK240 but leaner sounding gud gud!

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AK320 no horse run.......except for DSD....beats everything about the AK380. Sound Sig..similar to the AK240 but leaner sounding gud gud!

Yup, if you are not playing DSD, then I think AK320 is a good choice.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know anything about AK320's signature coz when I tried 2 units at ISSE, both played punk on me. Wouldn't stop skipping, so I basically heard the AK320 doing skipping workout rather than DAP duty.

In any case, $2,599 for a DAP that doesn't do DSD natively? Though I'm an advocate of listening to DSD on home setups due to the computing power needed, surely there has to be better options out there for the thick wad of cash. Of coz, as always, YMMV.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know anything about AK320's signature coz when I tried 2 units at ISSE, both played punk on me. Wouldn't stop skipping, so I basically heard the AK320 doing skipping workout rather than DAP duty.

In any case, $2,599 for a DAP that doesn't do DSD natively? Though I'm an advocate of listening to DSD on home setups due to the computing power needed, surely there has to be better options out there for the thick wad of cash. Of coz, as always, YMMV.

You went ISSE ?

Did you visit the room where the uncle demonstrate a number of snake oil products but the item looked cheap and it's expensive.

What is your opinion ?

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
You went ISSE ?

Did you visit the room where the uncle demonstrate a number of snake oil products but the item looked cheap and it's expensive.

What is your opinion ?

Didn't go to that room. Was pretty impressed with Audio 88 and ATC rooms. The SCM40A is :eek:. Effortless, with good balance of clarity and musicality.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't go to that room. Was pretty impressed with Audio 88 and ATC rooms. The SCM40A is :eek:. Effortless, with good balance of clarity and musicality.

Audio 88 and ATC rooms, I feel it's so so.

Quite impressed with Sky Audio, Modular Audio and Xaudio room.

And the AE 301 is so small and cheap but the sound is impressive.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In any case, $2,599 for a DAP that doesn't do DSD natively?

I asked that person in charge, he told me if can played, then the price won't be $2599 liao.........................:D

I think this brand, Astell & Kern really is pricing too expensive if comparing to other DAPs in the market. But there will always be died hard fans around.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score

Case of diff strokes for diff people ba. That's y got so many rooms to listen to. :D

I asked that person in charge, he told me if can played, then the price won't be $2599 liao.........................:D

I think this brand, Astell & Kern really is pricing too expensive if comparing to other DAPs in the market. But there will always be died hard fans around.

More like always have loaded people around. LOL.

adequate

Reaction score

This confirms Uncle Jeremy's elite status. :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.