Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Audeze Mobius gaming/audiophile headphones

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GotBetrayed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Audeze Mobius gaming/audiophile headphones

Just got a pair of this yesterday... Was thinking hard what to get for my gaming/music purpose...

My choices were down to Sony Wh 1000XM3 vs Audeze Mobius.
Will be using it at home most of the time for gaming/movies/music.

Most gaming headphones don't fit my requirements and when I heard the Mobius over bluetooth mode, I was blown away. Really super impressive.

Although its on the heavier side... 350 Grams vs Sony's 255 grams, this one doesn't feel uncomfortable even after long hours of usage.

Sound wise I am still experimenting and switching around stereo/Hi res/7.1 modes.

Would like to say that this is perhaps the best bluetooth wireless headphones I have ever heard for music purposes. Extremely versatile for gaming with the 3d effects too (100 mm planar magnetic drivers).

Waiting for the headphones to burn in more.... really no regrets buying this headphone.

Only cons is that, on higher volumes, people outside can hear you and it doesn't have active noise cancelling. Other than that, the audio quality is really superb.

I owned a Sony MDR 1000x previously. This audeze mobius sound quality is really superior to it.

Very niche though, need to use it wired to your pc via USB to experience the full functionality.
Bonn likes this.

Last edited by GotBetrayed; 26-12-2019 at 04:36 AM..
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Great Supremacy Member

Just got a pair of this yesterday... Was thinking hard what to get for my gaming/music purpose...

My choices were down to Sony Wh 1000XM3 vs Audeze Mobius.
Will be using it at home most of the time for gaming/movies/music.

Most gaming headphones don't fit my requirements and when I heard the Mobius over bluetooth mode, I was blown away. Really super impressive.

Although its on the heavier side... 350 Grams vs Sony's 255 grams, this one doesn't feel uncomfortable even after long hours of usage.

Sound wise I am still experimenting and switching around stereo/Hi res/7.1 modes.

Would like to say that this is perhaps the best bluetooth wireless headphones I have ever heard for music purposes. Extremely versatile for gaming with the 3d effects too (100 mm planar magnetic drivers).

Waiting for the headphones to burn in more.... really no regrets buying this headphone.

Only cons is that, on higher volumes, people outside can hear you and it doesn't have active noise cancelling. Other than that, the audio quality is really superb.

I owned a Sony MDR 1000x previously. This audeze mobius sound quality is really superior to it.

Very niche though, need to use it wired to your pc via USB to experience the full functionality.
Congrats on your purchase!

Planar magnetic drivers
chesterqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Congrats on your purchase!

Planar magnetic drivers
Thanks Chester. No horse man hear Liao Liao on floor cannot get up.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #4

Great sharing. Indeed the Mobius while marketed as a gaming headphones sound so good for audio that I too bought one myself. But I got HyperX Cloud Orbit S as a review which is identical to Mobius. I have to let go of one of them since it makes no sense to keep both.

In terms of sound quality, I feel that the Cloud Orbit S has slightly elevated sub-bass, while the upper-treble has slightly less presence. Even after over 30 hours burn-in, the difference seems obvious for my ears to detect. Perhaps itís just a batch difference, or it might be an audio engineerís decision to tune up the lower frequencies a little. I reckon the Cloud Orbit S tuning fits the target consumers, but nevertheless the difference is really minor, my ears would get used to either headphones after a while and almost could not tell much difference.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.