Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

bobozhang137

Reaction score
Is it worth hooting ckw1000?

At its retail price. there are alot of other iems that can perform alot better than it. But there something in its sound that makes it stand out from the other iems from what i can remember the last time i tried it.

acquired taste.

tomomibaby

Reaction score
At its retail price. there are alot of other iems that can perform alot better than it. But there something in its sound that makes it stand out from the other iems from what i can remember the last time i tried it.

acquired taste.

worth hooting 2nd hand(if have)?considering UM aero or get this and stick to it :)

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth hooting ckw1000?

You are coming from which universal iem/CIEM? If you have nv own any of their previous popular CK series IEM line-ups from ATH (CK10/CK100/CK100Pro/CK90Pro etc), but you have heard before some of their woodies portable cans like ESW9/ESW11 and yr music collection largely comprises of classical/instrumental stuffs, I would say CKW1000ANV is prolly worth a buy if you have nothing against recessed midrange.

In comparison to the CK10/CK100/CK100Pro family, speaking from my current ownership/experience with the above IEMs, all 3 possess quite an upfront and brighter presentation/signature in terms of the midrange/upper-mids region, that makes these belong to the slightly more lively/energetic crowd when listening. That does not mean that the CKW1000 has a dark treble response, not in anyway but in comparison to the above 3 IEMs as mentioned by me, it does sound like a more laidback IEM if u ask me.

The CKW1000ANV is def an acquired taste like what bobozhang has mentioned, it has more of that weightier/fuller lower-mids body/timbre comparatively to all 3 of the above-mentioned CK family IEMs, and definitely possess a warmer SQ signature overall. These are all based on my demo impressions based on my personal experience of the CKW1000's, as usual YMMV.
:o

bobozhang137

Reaction score
worth hooting 2nd hand(if have)?considering UM aero or get this and stick to it :)

um aero is their triple driver? If it is i rather you stick to the aero. Imo its the best of their lineup, speaking from testing their demos at stereo. Custom user may say otherwise.

The ckw1000 is only good for certain genres(cant handle metal for nuts). The isolation is soso. microphonics prone. no removable cable.

tomomibaby

Reaction score
um aero is their triple driver? If it is i rather you stick to the aero. Imo its the best of their lineup, speaking from testing their demos at stereo. Custom user may say otherwise.

The ckw1000 is only good for certain genres(cant handle metal for nuts). The isolation is soso. microphonics prone. no removable cable.
Ok thanks :D

orangecounty

Reaction score
The CKW1000ANV is def an acquired taste like what bobozhang has mentioned, it has more of that weightier/fuller lower-mids body/timbre comparatively to all 3 of the above-mentioned CK family IEMs, and definitely possess a warmer SQ signature overall. These are all based on my demo impressions based on my personal experience of the CKW1000's, as usual YMMV.

i second the CKW1000ANV. It brought me to the W3K. Once you go woodie, you never go back....

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i second the CKW1000ANV too. It brought me to the W3K. Once you go woodie, you never go back....

I'm glad someone in here owns the CKW1000ANV and is currently enjoying them well. Do you have any prev experience with some of their CK family line-ups such as the CK10/CK100/CK100Pro models? Would be great if we can gather some written comparisons against the CKW1000ANV from other local owners as well.

bobozhang137

Reaction score
i second the CKW1000ANV. It brought me to the W3K. Once you go woodie, you never go back....

I walked a different path from you. The first woodie i got was the esw9. It was beautiful. Sound was detailed, had a great soundstage. Highs were a little lacking, but nevertheless sufficient. Lows were great, though due to the light clamp the subbass tends to hide when you're outside. Mids were smooth. Just a little recessed. It was warm overall. At that point of time i listened to pop/jazz. Namely jaychou and michael buble.

But due to the genres i was slowly exposed to. Metal and Progressive trance/house. I started to crave bass and speed. Thus i bought the Sennheiser HD25 (adidas ver). Satisfied me in almost every way. But for some reason i itch to go back to the esw9 everytime i crave jazz or slow sentimental music.

Then i bought the esw11ltd which i currently share a love/hate relationship with. =X

No regrets though.

Ultimately it boils down to what kind of genres you listen to in my opinion.

Last edited:

orangecounty

Reaction score
I'm glad someone in here owns the CKW1000ANV and is currently enjoying them well. Do you have any prev experience with some of their CK family line-ups such as the CK10/CK100/CK100Pro models? Would be great if we can gather some written comparisons against the CKW1000ANV from other local owners as well.

Hi Haonan, I have been reading your posts (which are very detailed, informative and helpful)for some time now. I am embarrassed to say that I don't really have much to share. The CKW1000ANV was an impulse buy for me at Bic Camera. I have no prior experience with the CK10/100/100Pro models. However, the wooden cans struck a cord with me and I have been pretty much stuck on woodies. However, i do enjoy my Grados 225i now and then when i like to listen to some rock.
I find them a good complement to the AT cans.

tomomibaby

Reaction score

would you recommend getting ckw1000 for vocal/pop(mainly japanese artistes)?i own b4 the CKm series,last auditioned ckw1000 was like last year....cant seems to find Ck series for sale:(

Last edited:

orangecounty

Reaction score
I walked a different path from you. The first woodie i got was the esw9. It was beautiful. Sound was detailed, had a great soundstage. Highs were a little lacking, but nevertheless sufficient. Lows were great, though due to the light clamp the subbass tends to hide when you're outside. Mids were smooth. Just a little recessed. It was warm overall. At that point of time i listened to pop/jazz. Namely jaychou and michael buble.

But due to the genres i was slowly exposed to. Metal and Progressive trance/house. I started to crave bass and speed. Thus i bought the Sennheiser HD25 (adidas ver). Satisfied me in almost every way. But for some reason i itch to go back to the esw9 everytime i crave jazz or slow sentimental music.

Then i bought the esw11ltd which i currently share a love/hate relationship with. =X

No regrets though.

Ultimately it boils down to what kind of genres you listen to in my opinion.

I totally agree on the genre observation.

I listen to mainly jazz, hence AT works for me. I can't help having this feeling that AT totally brings japanese music to another level. I have a lot of fun listening to hikaru utada on the ATs.

bobozhang137

Reaction score
would you recommend getting ckw1000 for vocal/pop(mainly japanese artistes)?i own b4 the CKm series,last auditioned ckw1000 was like last year....cant seems to find Ck series for sale:(

Go down to jaben to test the ckw1000. They should still have a few sets there =x

And yes, for some reason ath works very well with jap music. Its like they specifically tune it to compliment it.

tomomibaby

Reaction score
Go down to jaben to test the ckw1000. They should still have a few sets there =x

And yes, for some reason ath works very well with jap music. Its like they specifically tune it to compliment it.
:eek:Jaben still have it..will find time to go down and try=:p
Agree,Ath work well with jap music

joviar

Reaction score

Jaben has ck100pro for audition. You could go try try.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't own any of the CKM series myself with the exception of CKM500i which I bought for my sis. It has quite claustrophobic soundstage details with neither the reknowned clarity/transparency traits that I was quite used to mainly frm the CK100/CK100Pro, so unfortunately I don't hold that much of a positive impression towards the CKM family, even the CKM99 which I have tried b4 too which was also reviewed by plenty of pple on Head-fi previously.

You likely won't have any probs with CKW1000ANV when it comes down to vocals/contemporary pop in terms of japanese artists, as ATH gears are usually tuned quite specifically towards J-pop genre for some reason. (maybe because they are a japanese company at heart) As shared under my own CK100Pro review on Head-fi, I have mentioned before I listen to quite abit of japanese artists myself personally, and my current music library are made up exclusively of at least 90% from japanese artists alone. Some of my fav J-pop artists includes but not limited to are miwa, Ikimonogakari, JUJU, Mika Nakashima, Fukuyama Masaharu, EXILE, Nakata Yasutaka etc.

From my prev auditioning experience, the CKW1000 is only just slightly more recessed in terms of midrange response when compared to CK10/CK100/CK100Pro family, but they have quite a reasonable amount of bass and nice body/timbre so they usually go extremely well with most mainstream male vocals/jazz genres to my own findings. Best to go listen to them for yrself agn at Jaben when ya free, they shd still have a few pairs avail IIRC.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.