Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a ATH-CKS77X black from Stereo just now.
Pretty impressive bass.
Not overpowered but tight.
;)

Randius

Reaction score
Two latest products from Audio Technica made their appearance at the recent Hong Kong audio show - the HA5050H and HA22Tube.

The HA5050H has a completely different design from the HA2002/5000/5000ANV and does not have any of that famous, wooden front panel at all (WTH?!). It features direct DSD decoding, supports 32/384, uses EBBCC vacuum tube and class A bipolar junction transistors for the amplification and 8 headphone jacks! There are two jacks for each impedance value of 16/32/64/600 ohm. Only two headphones can be plugged in at the same time but they can be of different impedance. It accepts both RCA and XLR inputs.

AT_HA5050H.jpg

Couldn't get much info on the HA22Tube.

AT_HA22Tube.jpg

Above images are from Mobile01 forum.

Last edited:

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice crosses on ur pics bro.
Pls reload. I wanna see the HA22 Tube.

Randius

Reaction score
OMG...

The HA5050H looks amazing
So are the specs and features.

Think u can forget about Luxman and hoot this.

Seriously hoping the price is not exorbitant.... Thankfully it will only be available earliest next Spring. Now it is still undergoing tuning.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Seriously hoping the price is not exorbitant.... Thankfully it will only be available earliest next Spring. Now it is still undergoing tuning.

It looks damn old school
My kind of gear
That's y I fell in love with Luxman integrated amp

iichigoz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone tried or have the Ath-W1000X?

Though of getting it but Jaben doesn't have the demo set for it.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two latest products from Audio Technica made their appearance at the recent Hong Kong audio show - the HA5050H and HA22Tube.

The HA5050H has a completely different design from the HA2002/5000/5000ANV and does not have any of that famous, wooden front panel at all (WTH?!). It features direct DSD decoding, supports 32/384, uses EBBCC vacuum tube and class A bipolar junction transistors for the amplification and 8 headphone jacks! There are two jacks for each impedance value of 16/32/64/600 ohm. Only two headphones can be plugged in at the same time but they can be of different impedance. It accepts both RCA and XLR inputs.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/randius/AT_HA5050H.jpg[IMG]

Couldn't get much info on the HA22Tube.

[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/randius/AT_HA22Tube.jpg[IMG]

Above images are from Mobile01 forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up Randius bro. Saw the AT-HA5050H news recently leaked on another forum, the AT-HA22Tube pics are new to me though nv seen the previews before. Understand that these 2 amplifiers models were announced during the recent Hong Kong A/V show 2013. Was actually waiting for more news/specs regarding the AT-HA5050H to turn up before cross-posting it here, but still kudos and appreciated much for the nice information and updates.

Since there's currently no information on ATH Japan side, I supposed that means the AT-HA7000BTL is still on schedule and they shd be announcing it as part of their product line-up for this yr, prolly sometime ard late-Oct onwards. Hopefully it will be an interesting product as well.

I think from what I gathered from the other forum I read, I think the reason why AT-HA5050H has 6 headphone output jacks is because they have dual-jack inputs catered for both 3.5mm and 6.3mm sizes. I don't have the official specs with me yet since the information/official specs is not released by ATH Japan yet, but the above information shd be correct given that I have seen diff ATH headphones plugged into this amp during the A/V show demo, and I rem the W series are only released with 6.3mm headphone jacks and the AD2000X only with 3.5mm headphone jacks.

I think ATH is now trying to cater to IEM users apart from main headphone users in terms for their amplifier product line-ups, and personally i think they are being quite considerate in this area and is def a very nice touch.
:)

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pricing wise, personally my guess is no need to think one. Those with newer model name is always much more pricier than prev predecessor models one gg by ATH's traditions for their IEM/headphone products. So i think for AT-HA5050H since it's a new model, confirm is more or less over 140,000 yen liao (though the usual SRP right now for HA5000 under japanese market is ard 84,000 yen or thereabouts, due to their open pricing practices)

Still patiently waiting for the AT-HA7000BTL announcement though, then srsly decide whether to hoot HA5000 or not. Time for wallet to do tanking soon!
:s22::s22:

Randius

Reaction score
I think from what I gathered from the other forum I read, I think the reason why AT-HA5050H has 6 headphone output jacks is because they have dual-jack inputs catered for both 3.5mm and 6.3mm sizes. I don't have the official specs with me yet since the information/official specs is not released by ATH Japan yet, but the above information shd be correct given that I have seen diff ATH headphones plugged into this amp during the A/V show demo, and I rem the W series are only released with 6.3mm headphone jacks and the AD2000X only with 3.5mm headphone jacks.

From the picture, the HA5050H actually has 8 headphone jacks and they all seem to be for 6.3mm plug.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HPeaSXu.jpg

SuEn0dL.jpg

Able to see the above pics? I'm sorry for not being able to provide larger resolution pics but this size is prolly the best i could find online. From the design, it seems the top portion of output jacks labelled A are meant for 3.5mm pin jacks, while bottom portion labelled B are meant for 6.3mm pin jacks. I don't see why ATH would design all 8 jacks as only 6.3mm sizes when you alrdy labelled as A and B differently on the bezel itself, and u can only have 2 headphone inputs plugged in at the same time.

Also something worthy of reminder, that is personally as an owner of the AD series, i believe the AD2000X is designed and comes only with 3.5mm jack pin as default, although a 6.3mm headphone adapter shd be provided out of box as well same as my AD1000PRM. While for ATH's W-series headphones, afaik all are designed with 6.3mm jacks. Look at the first picture closely agn, you will see what i mean.

iichigoz

Reaction score
I do have the W1000X but what will you like to know? :)
Oh, im deciding between the w1000x and the he500. I mostly hear vocals kpop. Which should i get or would u recommend me another model for its price... Thanks!

shsh91

Reaction score
Hi Aaron do you have any info on the AT-HA30USB? Can't seem to find what DAC that they are using lol

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pricing wise, personally my guess is no need to think one. Those with newer model name is always much more pricier than prev predecessor models one gg by ATH's traditions for their IEM/headphone products. So i think for AT-HA5050H since it's a new model, confirm is more or less over 140,000 yen liao (though the usual SRP right now for HA5000 under japanese market is ard 84,000 yen or thereabouts, due to their open pricing practices)

Still patiently waiting for the AT-HA7000BTL announcement though, then srsly decide whether to hoot HA5000 or not. Time for wallet to do tanking soon!
:s22::s22:

Is the HA5000 110V only?

Randius

Reaction score
Able to see the above pics? I'm sorry for not being able to provide larger resolution pics but this size is prolly the best i could find online. From the design, it seems the top portion of output jacks labelled A are meant for 3.5mm pin jacks, while bottom portion labelled B are meant for 6.3mm pin jacks. I don't see why ATH would design all 8 jacks as only 6.3mm sizes when you alrdy labelled as A and B differently on the bezel itself, and u can only have 2 headphone inputs plugged in at the same time.

Also something worthy of reminder, that is personally as an owner of the AD series, i believe the AD2000X is designed and comes only with 3.5mm jack pin as default, although a 6.3mm headphone adapter shd be provided out of box as well same as my AD1000PRM. While for ATH's W-series headphones, afaik all are designed with 6.3mm jacks. Look at the first picture closely agn, you will see what i mean.

AT_HA5050H_Specification.jpg

image is from Mobile01 forum.

If you blow up this image of the product specification, unless there is a mistake, it actually states 2 sets of 6.3mm headphone output (A & B). Since that booth was managed by AT, I am expecting the specification to be correct.

Forgot to mention that it also supports USB input :)

Last edited:

Randius

Reaction score
Hi Aaron do you have any info on the AT-HA30USB? Can't seem to find what DAC that they are using lol

I had tried looking for that info for some time and found nothing as well. You planning on getting it?

shsh91

Reaction score
I had tried looking for that info for some time and found nothing as well. You planning on getting it?

Im looking for a usb dac, as small as possible. Not which is good. Heard from kenz that audioquest one cannot support windows 8? Can't remember.

Need something that can be supported with Windows 7 and 8 64bit.

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a usb dac, as small as possible. Not which is good. Heard from kenz that audioquest one cannot support windows 8? Can't remember.

Need something that can be supported with Windows 7 and 8 64bit.

UD100 can ornot ar?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.