HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #691

Just received my ESW9 headband replacement (3rd party) and I have no idea how to replace it? Anyone here had experience on changing theirs?

Tried Googling around but nothing useful
aerir25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #692

From eBay is it?
Bought mine from eBay and replacing the headband is PITA.
You need another pair of hands to help you.
You need to start by loosen the 2 small screws on both earcups. Then you can slide out the old headband from the metal strip.
Can't help you much as quite busy in the office now and my ESW9 is at home
widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #693

Yea, got it from eBay. Will try figure out later on tonight, at office as well
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #694
Arch-Supremacy Member

From eBay is it?
Bought mine from eBay and replacing the headband is PITA.
You need another pair of hands to help you.
You need to start by loosen the 2 small screws on both earcups. Then you can slide out the old headband from the metal strip.
Can't help you much as quite busy in the office now and my ESW9 is at home
Is there any reason that you guys are not buying the original ESW9 lambskin headband from AT SEA service centre directly? If you purchase from them directly I believe they should be able to replace the headband for you?

As far as I can recall someone else shared the pricing in here before and IIRC it's not exactly very expensive for the original genuine headband (considering this is lambskin protein leather made materials) Actually for my set the headband I also noticed ard 1 yr ago it started to suffer frm slight peeling too, but only for the bottom and sides that touches yr head, the brown portion on the top doesn't seem to degrade at all then again my pair is already 4 yrs old so it's probably meant to be.

Come to think of it, should have applied some protective leather solution to it last time, because all along this is meant for portable use so I nv really apply anything to its headband with those leather care products meant for protecting leather bag/shoes.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #695

Is there any reason that you guys are not buying the original ESW9 lambskin headband from AT SEA service centre directly? If you purchase from them directly I believe they should be able to replace the headband for you?

As far as I can recall someone else shared the pricing in here before and IIRC it's not exactly very expensive for the original genuine headband (considering this is lambskin protein leather made materials) Actually for my set the headband I also noticed ard 1 yr ago it started to suffer frm slight peeling too, but only for the bottom and sides that touches yr head, the brown portion on the top doesn't seem to degrade at all then again my pair is already 4 yrs old so it's probably meant to be.

Come to think of it, should have applied some protective leather solution to it last time, because all along this is meant for portable use so I nv really apply anything to its headband with those leather care products meant for protecting leather bag/shoes.
The headband is 100 from what I last know since I contacted them very early this year. Earpads are 60 per pair. I guess it's pretty pricey considering their market prices. The aftermarket ones are like 10+ odd bucks.
destrozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #696

My ESW9 has been with me since 07. I've recabled it myself last year and changed the headband this year.
The ori headband is not original leather (unlike the earpads), coz I cut opened and disected the headband when I replaced it with the eBay counterpart. If they use ori leather for the new EWS9 headband, then I stand corrected.
The eBay headband is only $1x, and I like to get my hands dirty...
Haonan likes this.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #697

My ESW9 has been with me since 07. I've recabled it myself last year and changed the headband this year.
The ori headband is not original leather (unlike the earpads), coz I cut opened and disected the headband when I replaced it with the eBay counterpart. If they use ori leather for the new EWS9 headband, then I stand corrected.
How about dissecting the TG!334?
destrozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #698

Lol! Wait until I have my own money printing machine at home
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #699

Cant seem to fit the headband properly and is not tight, any tips?
The original headband cost $100, that's why I bought it from ebay

Last edited by aerir25; 03-12-2013 at 09:49 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #700
Arch-Supremacy Member

The headband is 100 from what I last know since I contacted them very early this year. Earpads are 60 per pair. I guess it's pretty pricey considering their market prices. The aftermarket ones are like 10+ odd bucks.
Oh okay. Actually considering that the local prices for ESW9 are ard 438, I would say having an original genuine replacement for the headband priced at 100 bucks is considered reasonable in my eyes. But yeah, if we were to take references frm their usual online prices, that would be another issue altogether.

The original HP-ESW9 replacement earpads (genuine lambskin leather) from most japanese stockist in JP costs ard 2,480 yen so the prices there are definitely much friendlier. However after consideration of adding in the relevant overseas shipping fees such as EMS if one were to import in via sources like Tenso/PriceJapan, it prolly won't make that much of a difference anymore.

So I would still have to say a fair word for AT SEA that their quotations for each respective original replacement parts meant for the ESW9, are still pretty reasonable as a matter of fact.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #701
Arch-Supremacy Member

My initial impressions of the ESW9 according to what I felt with my hands, is that the top-most brown portion of the headband is made up of true lambskin leather, cos it feels soft and leather-like to the touch. (and so far this top-most portion of the headband for my set still hasn't suffer from peeling symptoms)

But the blackish portion definitely suffers from peeling issues (just took a look into the ATH-ESW9 appreciation threads on Head-fi, seems that we are not alone on this issue) and on closer inspection they seemed to be made up of synthetic faux leather, so I guess typically in such a high humidity environment such as ours here in Singapore, there's probably no avoiding of such scenarios/circumstances since the headband would suffer from peeling eventually anyway.

Lol, Widget bro likes to get hands dirty? Okay will be waiting for chiu to dissect and open up yr TH600, perhaps u can try transporting over yr ESW9 drivers and see how it sounds on the TH600's housing instead one day.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #702

Lol, Widget bro likes to get hands dirty? Okay will be waiting for chiu to dissect and open up yr TH600, perhaps u can try transporting over yr ESW9 drivers and see how it sounds on the TH600's housing instead one day.
Tan ku ku bro....
Maybe can wait 4-5 years later if need to recable the TH600
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #703

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows when will the ATH-IM Series be coming out in Singapore?

ATH-IM01
ATH-IM02
ATH-IM03
ATH-IM04
ATH-IM50
ATH-IM70

Thanks!
elmocookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #704

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows when will the ATH-IM Series be coming out in Singapore?

ATH-IM01
ATH-IM02
ATH-IM03
ATH-IM04
ATH-IM50
ATH-IM70

Thanks!
understand from uncle e1 that the complete series will be available for demo and pre-orders from 16/12 at his place.
Seth Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #705

understand from uncle e1 that the complete series will be available for demo and pre-orders from 16/12 at his place.
Thanks for the info.

There is also no information by Audio Technica SEA's FB. I am just wondering how much will these new models cost.
elmocookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.