HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #91
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will do weng, when I find the proper time and opportunity to do so. I do have to bring up that in terms of comfort/wear on my own head, I also personally prefer most AD series to the Sennheiser HD6XX series though. And as demonstrated by my own usage of the AD1000PRM's, this is one of those few cans I own so far where I can wear them for 5-6 hrs straight w/o having any fatigue/strain feeling on my ears. (in terms of physically, and its wearing comfort is a vast improvement over the RS1i/MDR-CD900ST according to my own exp) Thus why I'm willing to move up and buy the new AD2000X flagship.

Some japanese blogger have also reviewed prev that in terms of their velour earpads, Audio-technica has already changed and refined the pad's thickness from the AD1000X/AD2000X series onwards, so comfort wise it has been improved, no more drivers touching yr ears. Looking forward to it.
waa this is enough liao...
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #92
Master Member

Comparing AD900 vs HD600 is alittle bit unfair though, AD700/AD900 are known as ATH's entry level models under the Air Dynamic line-up. If comparing to the HD600, think AD1000 would be more accurate. While HD650 would probably be best compared with AD1000PRM/AD2k/AD2000X, as their drivers are fitted with Permendur materials, and iirc someone did mentioned before in their reviews the HD650 series its driver voicecoils is also not using the common copper-magnet kind found in most headphones, but based on lightweight aluminum kind, which helps towards achieving good precision and low harmonic distortion.

Generally in short, according to my own listening impressions so far, there's no denial in most general listening cases, the AD1000PRM/AD2k/AD2000X are very very fast open-cans with very excellent transient responses. It's no wonder why they are very often mentioned/reviewed on HF, for accomplishing very well in genres such as rock/electronica/trance music.

Personally as a J-rock/electronica fan myself, I can also confirm that my AD1000PRM is the best performer headphone under my possession so far for the above genres, though I hav to mention my prev RS1i (which i alrdy sold) isn't too far off either, in terms of impulse response.
What to do, ATH don't want send them to measure.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

waa this is enough liao...
Mai tu liaos, you know u want it. Go Stereo hoot dah!

Spoiler!
Old 24-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

What to do, ATH don't want send them to measure.
Typically from what I understand, most headphone makers seldom like to send their stuffs to those review websites for measurements one, it seems they don't usually like external/3rd-party website critiques to comment regarding their own products. To quote an example, Innerfidelity/Tyll has a pretty bad online reputation for slamming Grado products left right up down, and ClieOS/Tai don't usually regard FAD as a proper audiophile maker, despite that FAD has alot of iem products approaching statement/flagship kind of prices.

The Piano Forte IX's im using right now is one of those iem models that belongs to statement category of products (like AKG K3003 etc), and while I won't say I have super-duper audiophile ears, there are alot of aspects of the FAD sound that I do truly appreciate, or even willing to admit that does beat some Sony/ATH iem stuffs out there easily.
Old 24-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mai tu liaos, you know u want it. Go Stereo hoot dah!
Out already meh?
Old 24-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #96
Master Member

Typically from what I understand, most headphone makers seldom like to send their stuffs to those review websites for measurements one, it seems they don't usually like external/3rd-party website critiques to comment regarding their own products. To quote an example, Innerfidelity/Tyll has a pretty bad online reputation for slamming Grado products left right up down, and ClieOS/Tai don't usually regard FAD as a proper audiophile maker, despite that FAD has alot of iem products approaching statement/flagship kind of prices.

The Piano Forte IX's im using right now is one of those iem models that belongs to statement category of products (like AKG K3003 etc), and while I won't say I have super-duper audiophile ears, there are alot of aspects of the FAD sound that I do truly appreciate, or even willing to admit that does beat some Sony/ATH iem stuffs out there easily.
FAD's pricing is usually stratospheric what lol. Tai is the more budget = song dah type of dude.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #97
Arch-Supremacy Member

Out already meh?
Hmm I thought alrdy released? I have no idea though, was assuming based on fellow forumer LBBEF earlier words as he did mentioned he tried the AD series out at Stereo recently? He did reviewed and gave his impressions of the AD1000X and AD2000X if u check few pgs back, though is just some relatively brief impressions.

Think can call or pm Stereo to confirm first. I only know Jaben not in yet since I was there just less than 2 weeks back.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm I thought alrdy released? I have no idea though, was assuming based on fellow forumer LBBEF earlier words as he did mentioned he tried the AD series out at Stereo recently? He did reviewed and gave his impressions of the AD1000X and AD2000X if u check few pgs back, though is just some relatively brief impressions.

Think can call or pm Stereo to confirm first. I only know Jaben not in yet since I was there just less than 2 weeks back.
just checked stereo's website... all the x's also have except ad2000x
Old 24-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #99
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha i see i see. Then maybe is LBBEF tried the AD2000's instead, the non-X version ba.
Old 25-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #100

Haha i see i see. Then maybe is LBBEF tried the AD2000's instead, the non-X version ba.
So sorry typo :X
edited
LongBigBronzeElephantFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #101

I'm an AT fan too!

I have:
CKM500iS
CKS99
A900X

Getting soon:
AD900X

Used to have:
M50s/LE

Nice to see AT fans here
endrue and TeamStereo like this.
yellow_bird_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Welcome to the club yellow_bird_fly. yeah np, always nice to know more fellow fans locally. do make yrself at hm!
Old 25-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #103

AD2000X is not available in stores yet. I will probably drop by AT office after my reservist to try it out
Old 26-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #104
Arch-Supremacy Member

AD2000X is not available in stores yet. I will probably drop by AT office after my reservist to try it out
Yo bro sup! Cool, good to know that! Looking forward to yr impressions of the AD2000X as well hehe. Btw bro, got look into the buyings links I provided for u in terms for AD1000PRM? So u ish hooting brand new ones or still getting that 3rd-hand used set from that Head-fier dude?
Old 26-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #105
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys this is just a tentatively unconfirmed proposed idea for now, but i'm considering to organise a local ATH-gear meet-up somewhere ard the lunar CNY period, either on the February 8th Friday (one day before CNY eve), or on the 2nd day of CNY, which is February 11th Monday. I don't do new year visiting for the whole CNY festive season, but the 10th is prolly out for me as I will not be free for the whole day that day. 11th I should be able to come out after noon.

Gear rigs wise, I will not be able to provide any proper desktop rigs/source though, cos this is not going to be a huge event so I will not be tranporting all my stuffs via cab, but I'm still aiming for a closed door event and not somewhere outdoor for the safety of our own rigs. If someone is able to provide a gd idea for the venue, please do come in to provide yr ideas.

The gears I'm able to provide for now: *tentative, may be subjected to changes*

ATH-AD1000PRM (with mystery secret guest, one of the ancestors from their Air Dynamic line-up)
ATH-W100
ATH-ESW9
ATH-FC700
ATH-CK100PRO
ATH-CK100
ATH-CK9
ATH-CM700Ti
AT-PHA05BT LTD
AT-PHA10
Fostex HP-A3
TTVJ Slim
Audinst AMP-HP

Last edited by Haonan; 26-01-2013 at 02:29 AM..
Haonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.