Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Randius

Reaction score
After owning the ESW9 and EW9, selling them and just recently, getting the EW9 back again, Audio Technica is now becoming my favorite headphone brand and I started collecting more and more of them. I hope this thread will soon grow over time with info and opinions from people who actually own the headphone/IEMs and be references to others who may be interested in AT gears :D

Following are what I own currently (not limited to woodies :s13:):

ATH-W1000
ATH-W1000X
ATH-ESW11 Ltd
ATH-EW9
ATH-EC700
ATH-CK9
ATH-CK10
AT-HA26D (DAC + amp)

shsh91

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of AT. But i only kept the woodies.

Currently I have:
W3000ANV
ESW11LTD

Sold:
ATH-CK100
ATH-ES7

I_M_TOMMY

Reaction score
How is the ESW11LTD? I have only seen lukewarm reviews about it. Comparison to the W3000ANV would be nice since I own one :D

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A big shout out + thanks to bro Randius for creating an appreciation/compendium thread for all ATH gear owners! Wah finally got our own fanclub thread liao to spam or chit-chat anything related to Audio-technica, but pls don't vote me as chairmeh as discussed in the other M50 thread, cos I'm really not good as such stuffs lol. :s13:

Also, on the contrary of what ppl think, I don't actually own that much ATH gears actually, and it was only this yr that I finally moved up to ATH full-sized headphones in the form of my AD1000PRM/W100. Previously most of the stuff I own are actually just portable line-up, so I'm still considered quite a new bird compared to many veterans/lao jiaos out there.

Some of the ATH stuffs I currently own:

ATH-AD1000PRM
ATH-W100
ATH-ESW9
ATH-FC700 (1x Red, 1x White)
ATH-CK100PRO
ATH-CK100
ATH-CK9
ATH-CM700Ti
AT-PHA05BT LTD
AT-PHA10
Plenty of GOLDLINK series interconnects used for my home desktop DAC/amp/speakers setup.

bobby29

Reaction score
can i join in?

currently in my rig
ATH ESW-11

my very first pair of expensive earphone is an old ath model bought 6yrs ago.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Guan22: Hey Merry X'mas to you bro! Yeah I don't have the time to pcw online so often like u guys mar, so I only noticed this thread just now. Nv include yrself into the list? You are also part of this club remember? :s34:

Randius

Reaction score
Anyone who owns a pair of AT headphones/earphones (or more!) are welcome to join in the discussion :)

@Haonan: Goldlink interconnects! :eek: I was looking for them high and low but AT SEA doesn't bring them in at all :(

Finally finished setting up my desktop rig - MBA -> AudioQuest Forest USB -> Musical Fidelity V-Link II -> AudioQuest Forest Optical -> AT-HA26D -> W1000/W1000X/ESW11

Listening to Ace Combat 6 sound tracks and Hatsune Miku (e.g. Tell Your World, Bad Apple etc.) is simply wonderful with the W1000X :D Using the W1000 more for artistes like Rurutia, Olivia Ong etc. Have yet to try classical on them yet.

Also chiong a couple of AT headphone stands directly from AT office today. Still wondering why Stereo stopped selling them??? :(

Last edited:

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Merry X'mas guys

Joe with only ESW9 recabled with TWag v2 reporting!

;)

jacktaris

Reaction score
Merry christmas!!

I really love the ath sound signature. They have something that make vocals shine! especially females one.

I have the es7 and m50. But recently sold off my m50.
Didnt like the m50 compared to all others ath series.

Aiming for esw9 soon!

Randius

Reaction score
Merry christmas!!

I really love the ath sound signature. They have something that make vocals shine! especially females one.

I have the es7 and m50. But recently sold off my m50.
Didnt like the m50 compared to all others ath series.

Aiming for esw9 soon!

Or aim for ESW10JPN (time to poison more people) :s13: It has supposedly the best mid amongst the ESW series.

postfix79

Reaction score
@Randius: Yeah, you are right.

Actually, the CK100pro do very well with vocal, to my ears.
When listening to these singer 南泥, 陳潔麗, 姚斯婷, I will automatically pick up CK100pro to listen.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only hooted ckm500is without trying and now already collecting dust. Waiting for ad2000x :D

Reaction score
Wheeeee... Awesome thread :)

Starting ATH fan here... Currently a student so $$ to buy more gear. :o

Entered the head-fi world when my bro passed me his ATH-ES55 when he upgraded to the ES7 in March 2012. When I first listened to it, it was heaven. But after a while, I craved for more. So I went to listen to various headphones of different brands and realised that I really loved the Audio Technica sound signature. Could not resist the tempation and finally hooted a used ATH-ES10 on 1st November despite me originally planning to buy a new headphone only in March 2013 to protect my wallet a bit. Then I realised that I have to protect and take proper care of my investment. So I bought a used AT-HPP5 on 5th November as well as a microfibre cloth from daiso to wipe the headphone after use. Soon found the earpads to be abit bian, and ESW11LTD just released, so kanna poison to get the lambskin earpads as replacement (lucky stocks not in yet) After the headphone meet on Sunday, I fell in love with the ODAC+O2 combo and just hooted a used one on Christmas Eve. Well, it has been a rough journey this 2 months, hope that my wallet can finally take a long deserved break. (But considering the fact that I still don't have a DAP... I'm not really sure...) My brother would be using the ODAC+O2 first until he goes into Army in a few months =D

Setup:
Laptop > (ODAC+O2) > ES10
Sony Xperia Neo V > ES10

Gears in my house:
ES10 (+AT-HPP5)
ES7
ES55
ODAC+O2
Xperia Neo V

I think my next hoot would be the full sized Art Monitors or Air Dynamics for home use =D

Also would want to try ATH in ears as well as their amps next time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think maybe we should start posting some pictures of our ATH gears and maybe share some reviews, knowledge, information, etc... about the ATH gears...

Maybe bro Randius can compile all the sharing and information in the first thread?

Reaction score
Headphone/Earphone
DAC/AMP
DAP
Used to own

19 Members:

Randius
  • ATH-W1000
  • ATH-W1000X
  • ATH-ESW11 Ltd
  • ATH-EW9
  • ATH-EC700
  • ATH-CK9
  • ATH-CK10
  • AT-HA26D
  • ATH-ESW9

Desktop Rig: Macbook Air > AudioQuest Forest USB > Musical Fidelity V-Link II > AudioQuest Forest Optical > ATH-HA26D > W1000/W1000X/ESW11

shsh91
  • ATH-W3000ANV
  • ATH-ESW11LTD
  • ATH-CK100
  • ATH-ES7

postfix
  • ATH-A500
  • ATH-CK100PRO

I_M_TOMMY
  • ATH-W3000ANV
  • ATH-ESW11LTD

Haonan
  • ATH-AD1000PRM
  • ATH-W100
  • ATH-ESW9
  • ATH-FC700 (Red)
  • ATH-FC700 (White)
  • ATH-CK100PRO
  • ATH-CK100
  • ATH-CK9
  • ATH-CM700Ti
  • AT-PHA05BT LTD
  • AT-PHA10
  • GOLDLINK series interconnects

bobby29
  • ATH-ESW11LTD
  • Cowon Z2

guan22
  • ATH-ESW9 (TWag2 cable)

jacktaris
  • ATH-ES7
  • Fiio E17
  • ATH-M50

weng
  • ATH-CKM500iS

LongBigBronzeElephantFish
  • ATH-ES10
  • ATH-ES55
  • JDS Labs ODAC+O2 Combo
  • Sony Xperia Neo V
  • AT-HPP5

Laptop Rig: Laptop > ODAC+O2 > ATH-ES10
Portable Rig: Sony Xperia Neo V > ATH-ES10

LongBigBronzeElephantFish's brother
  • ATH-ES7
  • JDS Labs ODAC+O2 Combo
  • Sony Xperia Neo V

Laptop Rig: Laptop > ODAC+O2 > ATH-ES7
Portable Rig: Sony Xperia Neo V > ATH-ES7

xbfloater
  • ATH-M50
  • ATH-CKM55

nekatrall
  • ATH-ES7 (Heavily modified)

LemonT
  • ATH-ESW10JPN
  • ATH-ESW11LTD

Dle4e_2005
  • ATH-CK100
  • ATH-CK10
  • ATH-CK7
  • Sony Walkman Z1070

kentgh
  • ATH-CK100PRO

InSpy
  • ATH-ES7
  • ATH-CKS90LTD
  • ATH-CKS1000

yello_bird_fly
  • ATH-CKM500iS
  • ATH-CKS99
  • ATH-A900X
  • ATH-M50s/LE

NY__chickenpie
  • ATH-M50

kusanagivn
  • ATH-M50
  • ATH-AD700
  • ATH-AD900
  • ATH-AD2000
  • ATH-W5000
  • ATH-ESW10JPN

Last edited:

Randius

Reaction score
@LBBEF: The product list will be a huge one, so I didn't really want to start on it and what's more, it will be easier for people to provide opinion on gears they actually own. So maybe a list of who-owns-what may be more useful.

AT amps has very limited range and are very difficult to find locally as AT SEA is not bringing much of them in. Previously, there is only the AT-HA20 then following that should be the HA5000ANV. I am not sure if they had ever brought in HA2002 and HA5000. My HA26D is one of their latest model (actually already one-year-old liao) and no retail store is selling it yet.

There are some jewels in their Air Dynamics and Art Monitor ranges, just that the woodies are always stealing the thunder :s13: Think you should try out the AD1000X and AD2000X once they are available for auditioning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.