B&O Beoplay E8

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #91
Arch-Supremacy Member

Qoo10 got some promo, only $268 nia!!!
Ordered a charcoal sand for $267
Will sell off the black e8 lol

Last edited by Tuakong; 07-09-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Tuakong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #92
Master Member

How to get the $50 Q10 coupon?
It's the current Digital week 3-9 Sept promo.
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's the current Digital week 3-9 Sept promo.
Yes
Thanks bro
Managed to claim the $50and $15 shop coupon

It's shipped from hkg
Dunno whether it's fake or original
discoburg likes this.

Last edited by Tuakong; 07-09-2018 at 02:51 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #94

Is the E8 from Qoo10 original? Discount looks too good.
FyreStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

Am now experiencing intermittent spilt sec audio drops via Spotify
Getting more and more frequent
discoburg likes this.

Last edited by Tuakong; 08-09-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Old 14-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #96
Master Member

Received the E8 from the $268 deal. Able to pair with iphone quite seamlessly. However, initially got some problems pairing with my Xiaomi, but managed to solve it.

Think need to break it in for awhile, but 1st impressions, when coming from a cheapo $30 X2T. X2T in fact has stronger bass than E8.....

However, E8 has better mids though the slight shrill at the higher freq is not my cup of tea. Nevertheless, E8 definitely has a more stable BT connection than the X2T though.

One thing I noticed is, E8 cannot be turned off, unless u put it in the carry case....
discoburg likes this.
Old 15-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #97

One thing I noticed is, E8 cannot be turned off, unless u put it in the carry case....
There is no physical OFF function/button but it will automatically turn off when there's no playback from the source after a while. Somebody did mentioned this in his you tube channel and I tried. Was in the train, stopped playing my music like after 2to3 station, it turned off and was disconnected from my phone. It was still plugged in my ears.
Gorgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #98
Master Member

Anyway, did some listening to break-in. Definitely the clarity is much better, also good soundstage ( which is configurable ). Also used the provided Comply foam tips, and since it has a wax guard, so it can reduce the high freq shrill.

Since I listen my mp3s using Poweramp, fortunately it has the bass/treble settings. For X2T, the bass I only need to tune to ard 10 o'clock, while for E8, need to go up to 12 o'clock. X2T has more sub-bass while E8 is the more punchy kind.

BT connection is much better, compared to X2T ( which is prone to skipping, which also happened more recently, that's why I think it was failing ). Didn't skip yet on E8. The only odd thing is for E8, when I turned on, it didn't auto-connect on my Xiaomi, whereas all my other BT audio devices ( including X2T ) can. So now, abit lehcheh to also go to BT settings to manually connect....

Build-quality is overall sturdy and well-built, and I kinda like the small leather charging case.

Overall, if asking me to spend $380-$400 in it's RRP, I'll be hesitant to buy it. But since getting it at $268, a more fair price for it. PS, the HK store in qoo10 link is legit. Able to use the Beoplay app, upgrade firmware and see the serial number in it, so I assume it's legit.
Old 16-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #99

The only odd thing is for E8, when I turned on, it didn't auto-connect on my Xiaomi, whereas all my other BT audio devices ( including X2T ) can. So now, abit lehcheh to also go to BT settings to manually connect....
Happened to my Samsung too. So I did the other way around. Try doing this, turn on the phone Bluetooth first. Remove the earbuds from the case and press the right earbud once, it will auto connect to the phone if it's already paired. Pressed one more time and it will automatically resume playback last song if your music player is currently open or running at the background. Not sure for Xiaomi but it worked flawlessly with my Samsung.
Gorgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #100
Master Member

Happened to my Samsung too. So I did the other way around. Try doing this, turn on the phone Bluetooth first. Remove the earbuds from the case and press the right earbud once, it will auto connect to the phone if it's already paired. Pressed one more time and it will automatically resume playback last song if your music player is currently open or running at the background. Not sure for Xiaomi but it worked flawlessly with my Samsung.
Able to solve it after googling around. Just need to reset the E8, and repair again. Now works perfectly and auto-connect after turn on.

One wishlist is to be able to turn off the E8 instead of putting in the case for that, coz I dun bring the case to my office, so after the morning commute, even if I leave it there, still need ~15 mins of inactivity, and sometimes any whatsapp msg etc will reset the timer....
discoburg likes this.
Old 16-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

The comfy foam bud spoil easily. Mine both spoiled. Now using the silicon bud. The sound totally different. Miss the comfy foam bud
discoburg likes this.
FireHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #102
Master Member

The comfy foam bud spoil easily. Mine both spoiled. Now using the silicon bud. The sound totally different. Miss the comfy foam bud
Yah, especially in SG weather, comply foams dun last too long.
Old 16-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #103
Master Member

Didn’t know there are so many people using the E8 as well! Bought it last December and has been great all along! No regrets with the purchase!
Old 16-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #104
Arch-Supremacy Member

I absolutely love my E8! If there's a nicer special edition colour I'd get another pair. Current racing green one also looks good. Mine's the standard two-toned black.
discoburg likes this.
Old 16-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #105
Master Member

I absolutely love my E8! If there's a nicer special edition colour I'd get another pair. Current racing green one also looks good. Mine's the standard two-toned black.
Was considering whether charcoal sand or the normal black, but when noticed the ring for charcoal sand is gold, think abit too bling bling for me hahah!! So settled for the black.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.