www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Headphones, Earphones and Portable Media Devices (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/)
-   -   B&O Beoplay E8 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/b-o-beoplay-e8-5726003.html)

xiaorazor 16-11-2017 11:58 AM

B&O Beoplay E8

Anyone bought this?

Sent from Samsung Note 8 using GAGT

Xrin 17-11-2017 12:19 AM

I'm waiting to demo it too.

xiaorazor 17-11-2017 07:44 PM

B&O grand hyatt got demo set can try

Sent from Samsung Note 8 using GAGT

David_Can 18-11-2017 08:31 AM

Tried at Stereo ps couple days back, still waiting for a better true wireless..... :o

FireHobbit 28-06-2018 04:23 AM

Maybe the owners of this headset can share their experience and views here..

I am summing to get one soon..

CrispyPeddler 28-06-2018 08:25 AM

Read the review..for that price tag..its not worth it

Snoweagle 28-06-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaorazor (Post 111322077)

Bought it a while back and it's the best true wireless I've ever experienced. Though expensive but GSS now have some offer. Example Changi Airport's e-gadget at T3 basement 2 is now selling at around $370+, but last week when I saw it, left only two sets of charcoal sand. They should've replenished by now.

Snoweagle 28-06-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrispyPeddler (Post 115184620)
Read the review..for that price tag..its not worth it

Don't trust reviews as different people have different views on it. Trust your ears.

CrispyPeddler 28-06-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoweagle (Post 115185225)
Bought it a while back and it's the best true wireless I've ever experienced. Though expensive but GSS now have some offer. Example Changi Airport's e-gadget at T3 basement 2 is now selling at around $370+, but last week when I saw it, left only two sets of charcoal sand. They should've replenished by now.

for that price, whats the battery usage for you? 5hrs continuous? how about dropouts?

tskeng 28-06-2018 10:24 AM

I have a pair that I only use for running.

I havent tried other brands but I find that this serves well for the purpose of having my Samsung Gear S3 watch stream music to my ears via bluetooth.

As I don't travel in public transport with this device, I have no experiences of drop-outs that I can relate to.

Despite that, here are some sharings:
1) Very small and sleek, alot of people don't notice it and tend to talk to you without realising.
2) I don't run more than 1 hour, therefore I can't comment on battery life. I keep them in the container when not using which charges it. So far I charge once every 1-2 weeks. (I don't run everyday).
3) Touch controls are quite useful as you don't need to press the earbuds which may cause the earbuds to be pushed further into your ears.
4) I haven't used it in extreme wet weather conditions so I can't comment on how weather resistant it is. Officially, it had no IPXX ratings but I believe there's at least some degree of resistance.
5) I do enjoy the music quality.

Also, don't use those Comply True Wireless foam tips. Its useless, uncomfortable, very shallow and disintegrates very fast.

Snoweagle 28-06-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrispyPeddler (Post 115185418)
for that price, whats the battery usage for you? 5hrs continuous? how about dropouts?

I donít listen for prolonged periods of time, usually to and from work and sometimes out and about, max only 2hrs at a go. Dropouts are very seldom, unless near certain objects with magnetic fields, such as those scanners at shops. The cut-off is also split-second only.

Snoweagle 28-06-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tskeng (Post 115186254)
Also, don't use those Comply True Wireless foam tips. Its useless, uncomfortable, very shallow and disintegrates very fast.

Iíve used comply tips with my Earin M-1 which is very comfortable and provides a better seal than silicone ones, but Iíve to agree with you that it disintegrates quite quickly and every 2-3 months have to order another set of 3 pairs from comply USA, and itís also not very cheap.

So Iíve already retired my Earins and now just AirPods and the E8 on rotation. The thing is if youíre solely on just comply tips, itís going to cost you quite a bit in the long run.

tskeng 28-06-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoweagle (Post 115187484)
Iíve used comply tips with my Earin M-1 which is very comfortable and provides a better seal than silicone ones, but Iíve to agree with you that it disintegrates quite quickly and every 2-3 months have to order another set of 3 pairs from comply USA, and itís also not very cheap.

So Iíve already retired my Earins and now just AirPods and the E8 on rotation. The thing is if youíre solely on just comply tips, itís going to cost you quite a bit in the long run.

Are you referring to the TWS those mini flat flat Comply ear tips or the standard Isolation/Comfort Comply ear tips?

The horrible ones are the TWS Comply ear tips.
The good ones are the T200 and TS200 ones.

The above observations are my personal opinion as I own all those different ear tips from Comply and have tested on my E8.

Snoweagle 28-06-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tskeng (Post 115189558)
Are you referring to the TWS those mini flat flat Comply ear tips or the standard Isolation/Comfort Comply ear tips?

The horrible ones are the TWS Comply ear tips.
The good ones are the T200 and TS200 ones.

The above observations are my personal opinion as I own all those different ear tips from Comply and have tested on my E8.

Only using TS/TSX-400 as the original ones that came with it are the same type. So Iím using the comfort type.

Iíve retired my Earin but still have a set of TS-400 not used. Maybe in future can try comply tips for my E8 but cannot use often.

FireHobbit 30-06-2018 01:14 AM

Takashimaya Having GsS sale for the E8