Beware of Farle Enterprise Pte Ltd (Funan)-Fake Sennheiser Earphone

selling51

Reaction score
BEWARE! All potential Sennheiser buyers please beware of FAKE PRODUCTS from this shop:

Farle Enterprise Pte Ltd
109, North Bridge Road
#05-32C Funan Digital Life Mall
Singapore 179097
http://www.farle.com.sg/

I purchased a Sennheiser CX500 earphone from Farle Enterprise Pte Ltd (Funan) on June 15, 2010 at SGD156. However, I later discovered that it was a counterfeit. It has almost all the signs of a fake (see http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181100) and sounded worse than a $5 earphone my maid bought from pasar malam.

I called the shop immediately but the salesperson did not sound surprised and quickly pushed the blame to their supplier and asked me to go back to their level 2 shop at Funan again to "discuss".

I went back to the shop the second day and demanded a refund. They then asked me to go to their level 5 shop in Funan to find the shop manager but I refused. The manager then came down to process my refund. Instead of getting it done quickly, he asked me “why I was so angry”, “do you have the whole package”, and whether “both sides (of the earphone) have sound”, as if I was up to no good, trying to take advantage of them, and causing him trouble.

Although I was refunded, I lost a lot of time dealing with them and money traveling to Funan. I paid real money for a counterfeit product (counterfeit sold as real! OUTRIGHT DECEPTION BY A DISHONEST SELLER!), was treated like a troublemaker with all the skeptical questions thrown in my face and the shop did not even BOTHER TO APOLOGIZE, EVEN WHEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE IN THE WRONG (why else would they be willing return the money that they tried to earn by selling counterfeits like this).

I have pictures of the counterfeit, photocopy of the receipt, and original credit note for the refund. I am considering to make a police report on this incident. If you ever buy Sennheiser products from this shop, CHECK FOR ITS GENUITY! YOU MAY WELL BE PAYING FOR A FAKE SELLING AT THE PRICE OF A GENUINE PRODUCT. Go to a reputable seller or retail chain if you do not want to get ripped off. WARN ALL the people you know to prevent them from being CHEATED.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
You can also look out for the Sennheiser genuine sticker pasted on the product.

Sennheisergenuinesticker.jpg

selling51

Reaction score
Shops like this treat customers as idiots. They do not deserve any business! :mad:

Last edited:

Piezoq

Reaction score
Wow, that's bad. Counterfeit goods in Singapore I have accepted as part and parcel of life on the little dot.

Sim Lim Square yes but FUNAN CENTER?

shadowlezz

Master Member
Reaction score
can inform the funan management or SPF about this ? it's almost like selling pirated goods and ignorance cannot be used as an excuse

gila-monster

Reaction score
Wow, that's bad. Counterfeit goods in Singapore I have accepted as part and parcel of life on the little dot.

Sim Lim Square yes but FUNAN CENTER?

Farle have branches in SLS and Funan. So it's some kind of spreading to Funan. Anyway, it's been a open fact that they are many Seenheiser fakes in town. So.. buyers will need to be more careful.

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please upload the scans/photos u have as well! I wanna see what they wrote on the credit note

a5un4k

Reaction score
I agree with TS, i went there and purchased a UE super fi 3, i paid for it and on the spot i tested it and guess what, it did not work however they wanted to change for me with other earpices but i decided to refund for cash back and luckily i got back my cash, avoid that shop if u can.

summersnow344

Reaction score
yeah make a police report, my guess was that they were scouting for supplier when they found china/taiwan suppliers sell them for ~$10 - $20 each.. which are obviously fakes.. for sennhesier products get those local sets with the Pantrade stickers and you would be safe.. althought i admit that CX300 II is way overpriced for the sound quality..

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My guess would be police won't do anything. Unless company (in this case, sennheiser or UE) step in to make noise)

Warning on hwz only warns us. What about the tourists and normal people?
They don't read here. So must take action!!

Maybe they hire u as mole to collect video evidence too ~

summersnow344

Reaction score
i think just take product along with receipt to sennheiser's main office.. verify that it is fake then lodge a police report.. i think there is already sufficient evidence as long as you can proove that the earphone you bought is fake and it is from them.. under dont know which section it states that it is illegal to sell counterfeit items in singapore..

san333

Reaction score
Where to find authentic senn's product other than stereo ? Want to buy cx400-ii but stereo dont have the stock.
Anybody try to buy at ebay.com.sg. find 1 power seller (id is casbp.ymail) from sg one. have a lot of nice feedback.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.